Crochet hooks!!

I think I have an addiction to crochet hooks, I seem to have alot of them!  My new "thing" to do with them is putting polymer clay handles on them!  These are some of what I've made, there's more that need pictures plus I am making some for gifts.

101_7746.JPG

Pretty! 

Just a thought, for gifts make sure the recipient uses an overhand grip.  I use a 'pencil' grip and those would just get admired for looking nice I'm afraid.  I imagine the extra weight at the back end would be fatiguing at best.

Those are beautiful.  I've read about the polymer clay but have never tried them.  I like the larger round handles, which is why I use the Bates Bamboo hooks.  I prefer round to the flat or some of the ergonomic handles that are on the market.  I like having something to hold on to.  Then again I've got a modified knife hold, not a pencil grip so that may make the difference.

Very pretty.  Sometimes when I am working with cotton I wonder if a larger handle would keep my hand from getting so fatigued.  Just never got around to making or looking for one.  

3 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Pretty! 

Just a thought, for gifts make sure the recipient uses an overhand grip.  I use a 'pencil' grip and those would just get admired for looking nice I'm afraid.  I imagine the extra weight at the back end would be fatiguing at best.

I agree--I also use a "pencil" grip, and I really have trouble working with thick handled hooks.  They are beautiful, though!!

3 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Pretty! 

I crochet using the pencil grip and they're fine for that.  The clay isn't that thick around, so not too heavy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you!  Actually I have made some for gifts, one set for my future daughter in law and one set for a friend for christmas this year.  I'm hoping to make more for gifts.  

Archived