To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi peeps!

5 hours ago, ratdog said:

Hi peeps! Been a while since I posted but I have been lurking.  Haven't been doing much crochet lately. But did get one gift done for DH for our upcoming anniversary.

He has a demanding job which allows me to work part time. So I started calling him my "scrubbing bubble" because he works hard so I don't have to! 

IMG_20180608_073518_01.jpg

You made me smile!!! Such a hoot - you will definitely get a laugh from your DH! Such an imagination!

Everyone's projects are great!

I'm slowly making progress on the Woodland Afghan--halfway thru part 5 (of 6). I'm not going to have enough yarn left for a border. I'll have to see how it looks without one and then decide what to do.

Mary Jo - WOW! I can't imagine how small the knitting needles were! Beautiful work, as always, my talented friend.

And Bailey, I'm the same way  - when I finish something I want it out of the house! You always put a lot of attention into your projects. No everyone is like that.:heart

I don't mind the small needles, especially since I found out a new way to do row 1.  It involves crocheting the number of stitches for the first row on the needle.

The new pattern I am going to start for outfits for 5" dolls are using even small needles.

I swear I am a gluten for punishment.

Up at 6 this morning and finally able to sit and check out the Ville.

I finally got pictures of my new placemats.  I went green this time, as it was really the only color I had that was solid.  I refuse to buy me, till I work on getting my stash down.  Well, all except white.  You can always use white.  You can see a close up here.

New Gingham set  (1).JPG

Those mats are so pretty for summer!

I havent been crocheting much lately. I got distracted by some embroidery projects.

At my DAR meeting yesterday a member asked for Christmas stockings for a veterans home. She has sewn 20 so far. I will crochet a few for the project. Hers looked about 10 inches or so. It woll take more time than the mini ones people on the ville are making.

Very pretty placemats!!  We have moved on to South Dakota, for a nice temperate summer after last summer in Austin, and have been absolutely sweltering with heat and humidity. People up here say its because we are in the south, which I can't quite figure that one. I finishes my granddaughter's doll and am working on the dress, will post a picture when I ever finally get it finished.

I just finished Baby Tree here and yesterday I finished an angel.  They are 5" dolls and the outfits are knitted.  I am hoping to work on some crocheted outfits.

Baby Tree (5).JPG

2 hours ago, judianne said:

Mary Jo - did you buy the pattern for the placemats? Pretty!!!

Yeah it is called Annie's Attic Gingham Kitchen Set.  If you look here, and look at the second picture, you will see all the patterns are in the book.  From a towel rack to a rug. 

It is discontinued on Annie's Attic.  Now Treasured Heirlooms has it also.  I have only made the placemats so far.

Archived