Ugly Sweater Ornaments

Tampa Doll

I saw this pattern on Herrschner's web site and could not resist.  Now it is knitted, but I am going to try a couple crocheted and see how they look.

As you can see there is a snowman, a gingerbread man, penguin and the every present snowflake. 

Tree Ornament Christmas Sweaters (2).JPG

Tree Ornament Christmas Sweaters (3).JPG

You have been busy.  Looks hard with them being so small along with all the color changes not to mention being knitted.  All very cute but my favorite is the snowflake one.

Wow, they are so cute! I can't imagine how it's possible to knit something so small with all those color changes and ornaments! :clap

Thank you all. 

The pattern actually calls for you to emborder the pattern on.  Nope, Nada, not gonna happen.  I would rather use lots of bobbins, then sew.

Collette as soon as I can, I will see if I can figure out how to crochet these.

The pattern calls for size 6 (4mm) and size 4 (3.5mm) needles.  I had fun making these.

Here are a couple of patterns for plain crocheted sweater ornaments; you'd have to figure out how many stitches you have to work with and graph out a design yourself. 

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/miniature-sweater-ornament-2

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mini-christmas-sweater-ornament  

Both of these call for worsted weight, which would be hard to crochet such detailed ones as Tampa Doll did with what looks like finer yarn; would be OK for solids or stripes tho.  They are both raglan style so you could use the pattern as a recipe and just 'keep going' on the yoke with a smaller yarn since the yoke determines the size of the sweater.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived