Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

Darski its a pretty color on my screen---I would say a pink coral.  Well some peaches do get just a bit of a blush of a similiar color on their skin and then again next to the pit or stone.  Its a prettier color to me than what I think of as salmon. Regardless of the what the color is really called it is pretty.  I love the doilyghan.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning all,

Darski I got that Nobbly pattern downloaded and should have something posted tomorrow.

However for today we have:

Turkey Dinner

I'm going to need a second one to send out with my holiday packages in November.  I love this set it was quick to work up and I like idea of having some veggies with the meal.

5 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

However for today we have:

Turkey Dinner

I'm going to need a second one to send out with my holiday packages in November.  I love this set it was quick to work up and I like idea of having some veggies with the meal.

I love that little meal... as a kid I would have loved having it for pretend. :2magic

I loved pretend stuff as a kid.  I only wish I'd learned to crochet when I was younger.  When my oldest nephew was young he wasn't allowed sugar and of course at Easter the tradition was to stuff plastic Easter Eggs with candy.  Each year my younger sister and I, the only 2 kids left at home would scramble around dollar stores desperate to find toys that would fit into the eggs.  These kids did not like repeats.  One year my niece was going through a toy food stage and we found these tiny little plastic play food items and she ended up with close to a kitchen pantry of stuff by the time we were done with eggs and basket.  If I'd been able to crochet back then life would have been easier, especially as the numbers grew and we still couldn't use candy.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:22 PM, darski said:

I Posted these pics this afternoon and the post is gone.  they now show up in this post.  My real post information is below the pics

bunt01.jpg

pink01.jpg

check out this cute Piggy hat. I just want to encourage the designer.  She has some nice stuff and some traffic might be  nice.

I think some animal hats might go down well in the thrift shop I donate items to.  It is called "Redeemed Goods"... love that

I might also try one for our dolls to wear.

Darski those are sooo cute! :). If only my granddaughters would had stayed little, like I told them to do!. They just did not listen to me and keep growing & growing ..LOL

You are very talented lady. You always come up with a very beautiful new designs:)

Krys

On 3/5/2018 at 10:05 AM, darski said:

would you believe me if I told you this will be in a pattern called "Peach"?  it looks peachy to me but sometimes it seems more coral-ish.  :) I really need it to be 'peach' or I will have to find a new name for a pattern.  this doilyghan won't be in the pattern but it is just about 20" across and qualifies as a blankie.

peach-a01.jpg.be30d6bc92fe0dd35ba2bb744fa45753.jpg

I LOVE that too!! :)

Krys

14 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Darski those are sooo cute! :). If only my granddaughters would had stayed little, like I told them to do!. They just did not listen to me and keep growing & growing ..LOL

You are very talented lady. You always come up with a very beautiful new designs:)

Krys

That's how I got into this whole toy donation to begin with I couldn't give up making doll clothes.  I came to crocheting later in life when my  niece on DH's side and my great niece got into the 18" dolls and Barbies.  When they out grew them I hadn't and started making the 18" clothes to donate along with the Baby doll stuff.  I didn't really miss the Barbie stuff. :lol

He['s adorable.  I cant use the scrubby yarn.  I was all excited about it bought the books from Red Heart and the yarn and the skin on my hands went nuts.  My MiL and DH's Aunt love the stuff so I sent them all the books and the yarn.  They were thrilled and I was glad not to see the stuff wasted.

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

He['s adorable.  I cant use the scrubby yarn.  I was all excited about it bought the books from Red Heart and the yarn and the skin on my hands went nuts.  My MiL and DH's Aunt love the stuff so I sent them all the books and the yarn.  They were thrilled and I was glad not to see the stuff wasted.

I've never seen it for sale at my Walmart.  I might try it if I ever get the chance.

Here at the Ville we answer all of life's burning questions ... like what colour is peach and can an Oreo ever be too big?  :rofl

cook01.jpg.4bdc65afc362ca9ec7a27b6d015a7429.jpg

cook02.jpg.38fa44c5cc354abc9f3e0aca41f6f4a5.jpg

But the plate is really cool :tup

cook03.jpg.d1718b501bdc136d695e8ba0a3f01587.jpg

cook04.jpg.74a6fd2e089db11fed7a5b2a6310188a.jpg

OK, I have to work on this.  but now I have to make more giant Oreos so this isn't just a bug but a feature.

2 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

Have you ever seen a kid complain about a large cookie?

Well Darski I completed my first Nobby Scrubby and got it posted.

Nobby Scrubby

I like the look of that and good colour.  I might just try one of these.

Chris I really held my breath when I sent out the spiral one made from RHSS as the pattern suggested. All the other patterns I had seen were made in cotton.  It really makes sense that acrylic would scrub better and especially RHSS from the complaints you see on it feeling scratchy.  It should also dry faster.  

Judy thats a really pretty nicu blanket.

Archived