Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

grrrrr  ... I just made a set of white Maryjanes and I spilled a drop of tea (with milk) on one.  no choice but to dunk both of them at that point.  Now I need an outfit to go with them :sigh

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski you are on a roll.  The bunny blanket is cute. The yellow set is also cute and cheerful.  Thank you for another pattern. "Mauve" blanket is very nice too.  You are going to make some little girls very happy.  Gosh I am glad to see you able to crochet again.  Sorry about the stain on the Maryjanes.  

I havent accomplished much but have made some squares for a friend's project and a few ministockings.  

Hi all, still in some kind of yarn funk. I have no idea why. It's been around 100 degrees for the high this past week, and my body is not adjusting well to the heat at all, and we still have months of 100-116 degrees to go before November arrives and going outside will be nice again. That doesn't explain how I have arrived at MAY (ok, nearly arrived) and my donations are very thin on the ground. I haven't been sewing either and I really need to snap out of it. 

Anyway, love your bunnie blankie Darski, and for what it's worth, I see the light purple and not grey on the second one! Funny about the Mary Janes. My guess is that you will love the color when you are done, and you'll never be able to duplicate it!! 

I really like this Stacked Hearts square and thought it would make a good centre for a blankie...

I have enough yarn to make a sweater so I will likely do that.

st01.jpg.6da709374d12fd7ee0527610016a6773.jpgst03.jpg.e58ee81bee119e7b154cdca7aa702521.jpgst02.jpg.6cf7c27d05085229bcdcf34dbc424ae6.jpg

I have no ability to create a blankie... I saw a great sign on Pinterest... I have no idea how many problems I have becvause Math is one of them.  I just can't see to make two sides the same or to insert a pattern into those side :think:(

18 hours ago, darski said:

More Puppy Love to share... will have to try this pattern. :manyheart

Thats such a cute pattern.  Thanks for finding it for us.

The red and white blanket turned out really pretty.  I like all your additions to the stacked hearts square.

Darski, I think you see a blankie pattern in everything! We should give you an Rorschach test!  Love the hearts blanket and you know I am going to have to get that Puppy Love pattern into my file marked "some day" (aka retirement). I love it. Thanks for sharing your pattern finds with us! 

I have tried to contact the creator of the Puppy love pattern but cannot find a way and comments don't work  :sigh  when you start the ghan it should say dc in 4th ch from hook and not 3rd ch. I so hate working into that starting ch and ripping it out to do it again is not on my fave list of things to do.

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Darski do you suppose she starts that way because she is starting rows with a ch 2 and its not counted as a stitch?

that occurred to me but it makes no sense to do that when you have  no need to get to height. 

would you believe... ?

I won't be able to match the 'colours' in this Mandala type yarn so I'm hoping that the natural colour will match the 'natural/white' yarn .  does it look close enough?

5aee1fe06d069_amatch1.jpg.2520f171aa0cd866cb04e2fc6f6a33de.jpg

Just a note- I have not had great luck with this mandala stuff.  I don't think I will be tempted by it again :(

Darski, the Mandala with the off while looks really nice. Why don't you like the Mandala? I don't like thin yarn, so it doesn't tempt me. You always do a great job matching up colors. 

I made a hockey hat! I was finally able to sit at watch a Captals/Penguins so I made one of my basic hats, so I didn't have to read a pattern or anything. The weekday games start at 4:30 my time and I am never home from work in time to see it at all. The game was nail biter and the Caps are up 3-2 in the series now. This yarn was in a bag I rescued from Goodwill. It's RHSS and it washed up nicely. I only used about 1/2 of the skein,

image.thumb.jpeg.af493c2d6a24107ff35f1743e584f11f.jpeg

11 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski, the Mandala with the off while looks really nice. Why don't you like the Mandala? I don't like thin yarn, so it doesn't tempt me. You always do a great job matching up colors. 

I made a hockey hat! I was finally able to sit at watch a Captals/Penguins so I made one of my basic hats, so I didn't have to read a pattern or anything. The weekday games start at 4:30 my time and I am never home from work in time to see it at all. The game was nail biter and the Caps are up 3-2 in the series now. This yarn was in a bag I rescued from Goodwill. It's RHSS and it washed up nicely. I only used about 1/2 of the skein,

I love that hat.

I thought there would be enough yarn to make the granny-ghan and a hat.  Now I don't think so.  I am also not happy that I have no control over when the colours change.  I have some OCD it seems (Obsessive Compulsive & Obsessive Crochet disorder :rofl  )

Hockey hat #2. Go Caps! I am still working with that same yarn from hockey hat #1. There is a bit left. I have enough yarn for another one more of the alternating colors hat. I need to weave in the ends on this one. 

image.thumb.jpeg.164281e4175b70c00e11300ff04a27df.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ea1dc8855919dd591e0d3d18e390f95a.jpeg

1 hour ago, babypoohsmom said:

Hockey hat #2. Go Caps! I am still working with that same yarn from hockey hat #1. There is a bit left. I have enough yarn for another one more of the alternating colors hat. I need to weave in the ends on this one. 

I love that yarn. gives a very special look to the sts.

I just joined the Stashbusting CAL - I'm hoping it will keep me clean and sober from this yarn addiction I seem to have developed when I wasn't watching.  :rofl

I am about 1 hat away from finishing a skein... just gotta get 'er done.

Very pretty Brenda. What kind of join did you use? I blew up the picture as big as I could and can't figure it out. The colors are cheerful.  Is it a scrap project or do you just enjoy making the small pieces? 

Darski, I once kept track of "yarn in and yarn out" but didn't actually joining the group. Truth is, I just can't crochet as fast as I buy. The numbers were just too shocking after only a few months. I buy craft supplies instead of liquor, purses or shoes. It's apparently my coping mechanism. 

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Finally worked in the ends so this one is officially done.  It for a drive for Project Linus at my niece's office. Its about 40 x 60 inches.

so cheerful - love this

9 minutes ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski, I once kept track of "yarn in and yarn out" but didn't actually joining the group. Truth is, I just can't crochet as fast as I buy. The numbers were just too shocking after only a few months. I buy craft supplies instead of liquor, purses or shoes. It's apparently my coping mechanism. 

I need to be held to account - and I really need to stop - I am at the age where health is precarious what with diabetes and such...  I cannot just leave that mess to others to clean up after me and I don't like the mess of it all, which is odd for such an untidy person.

Archived