Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I hit a blank week this week.  I have a doilyghan on the go and it sorta gets into my "hmmmm " zone. 

Just a few more rows so I just have to put on my big girl panties and get 'er done :rofl

Maybe I should start the hat or sweater to feel like I am doing something.

I got a few more ministockings done, completed a lapghan and am close to finishing another lapghan.  Just havent taken any photos and posted----somtimes thats actually harder to get done than my project.

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get back into a crafty groove, but work continues to suck the creativity out of me.

i finished hat #3 of my experiment of using a variegated yarn with different solids. I need to scour my stash for some blue for the next one.

image.thumb.jpeg.8c98cb30b6c2a87bf7ef433149005b31.jpeg

Darski and Brenda....it seems like we all hit some kind of wall recently! For me it's work and this awful heat. I am less and less tolerant of the high temperatures. Every day we have a heat warning and an ozone warning. Blech. 

Hope you guys get your groove on. : ) :cheer:cheer

Nice hats Denise.   I have not had a chance to pick up a hook for several days now.  We were busy all day Sat and Sun with bonsai.  Sis had knee replacement surgery last Thurs and I have spent time with her Mon Tues and today so niece could go to work or do other things.  Dh mowed her yard today.  I think she is doing really well.  She is walking around the house without the walker.  She has been doing things like the dishes and cutting up watermelon.  I mostly carry things for her and be there so she can shower.  She is doing most everything for herself.

That's nice of you Brenda. It is frustrating after surgery (8 on my right ankle, so I know!). Sometimes you want help and other times you just want to try things on your own. Hope she heals fast. I've had a few friends that have had knee replacement with good results. I worked a little on a moss stitch blanket tonight while watching fireworks on tv.  I'm not sure what I am going to do with it. I just wanted to try the pattern!

Before and right after surgery dh kept asking me if we needed to go help.  I told him no body really knew yet and that my niece would call and tell me what she needed.  She wanted us to check on her midday but I have been staying 5 hours or so.  That way we got things done like laundry and taking a shower so my niece didnt have to.  Takes a long time to get things ready to shower, shower, get dressed and get those compression hose back on.  I helped raise my niece so we are really close as sis niece and I lived together in this house for many years. 

Its been really hot here too.  Temps in upper 90's and heat indexes 120.

I'm posting this pic just to celebrate the fact I can crochet again.  it seems it is true that high heat affects us old girls :sigh

I have been able to crochet the last couple of days so I have the hat and sweater but the ghan is on hold as the heat killed my comp.  It is in the shop and the pic of my pattern went with it.   This laptop can be useful but it just isn't "My Comp" :heart

green01.jpg.aba6dbcb493dfc53576d2462ed6e3420.jpg

Beautiful set darski.  Is it baby size or doll size?  I know it could be both.  I really like the green and all three patterns you used.  I dont do well in the heat either.

37 minutes ago, bgs said:

Beautiful set darski.  Is it baby size or doll size?  I know it could be both.  I really like the green and all three patterns you used.  I dont do well in the heat either.

it is a baby set.  I must get back to dolly sets again as I live how quickly they work up

Darski, I really love the blanket. Is that your pattern? The hat looks like the Divine pattern. Love that one.

I am making some cat "mats" (not quite a bed, but sturdier than just a blanket) for the rescue to sell, or offer as a gift for a donation. This one is 16 X 22. We were thinking that we would give this to people who donate $10. I know that most people here in this group wouldn't buy stuff like this because they can make it, but I think it might work. It's a layer of fleece, a layer of flannel and cotton batting. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9a974b4b6c9a8a2934915d285d12c871.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8e555581432a25b2168e1332142bff5b.jpeg

@ Denise   I love those cat mats.  The kitty fabric is wonderful.  :manyhearts

as to the blanket - it is from a pic I found on Pinterest.  it was fairly easy to follow the pic - love those.

yes it is the Divine hat - I figured the sprial motif would join the two. 

Here is the blankie with the edging complete.  really very easy.

done02.jpg.89c5412a692111b285ed62ccffa21af7.jpg

Denise I love the kitty blankets especially the kitty print one.

Darski love your blankie.  It was very pretty before but its gorgeous with that edging.  Your work is always beautiful and such a joy to see.

And finally photos of more ministockings and lapghan for W4W.

20180715_121116.thumb.jpg.303a07125772d54dec43bd27525fdbcd.jpg20180715_120808.thumb.jpg.219500009d41085c66e6ab115d69c31e.jpg

Brenda, the ghan is so cheery. You make the colors work. I am not good at pulling random colors together. The pattern makes the rows look like they are dancing or something.

2 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Brenda, the ghan is so cherry. You make the colors work. I am not good at pulling random colors together. The pattern makes the rows look like they are dancing or something.

Accidents do happen every now and again.  I am not good with color combinations or at least it doesnt come easy for me.  I was happy with this one and it looks better in person than in my photo as some of the colors on my screen arent showing up true.  The only color repeated is the blue on each end and then the border.  As I added each row I just tried to put a color next to it that I thought looked good.  Sometimes I started with a color and didnt like it so I pulled it out and tried another one.  Its an easy pattern called granny stripe.  I have also seen it called a zipper afghan.  

3 hours ago, darski said:

well, I have my yarn event for the week:  Yarn barf on steroids :cry  this is the second half - I already sorted out about half of the skein :sigh

bah1.jpg.b34642efc4b001575142d215ebd32cbe.jpg

O-o-o-o-h!  Pain!!  Agony!!  Hurt!!

But just think how proud you'll be when you get it untangled!!  :P

Yarn barf drives me crazy I tend to hand them to my daughter she had the patients..... but she just had surgery and is living at Grandma's house for a few more weeks since you needs around-the-clock care so I have to keep playing with the yarn barf....

Archived