Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, darski said:

I just saw this on Pinterest and thought it might be useful for holding toys.  I'd like an opinion before I try one though.  :ghug

cute! The original size isn't very big for toys, I'm thinking - but if you made it bigger it might work.

1 minute ago, judianne said:

cute! The original size isn't very big for toys, I'm thinking - but if you made it bigger it might work.

actually I was thinking more of the toy food or doll clothes.  not a lot of 'stuff'

1 minute ago, darski said:

actually I was thinking more of the toy food or doll clothes.  not a lot of 'stuff'

Then that would be perfect!

I have to get back to my blankies and such but I did make some tarts and a candy dish (needs caramels) and my glass of milk.  I'm not sure about the milk :think

cook05.jpg.61e9bb73b9cd3cbea328e243a11cb66c.jpg

cook06.jpg.44a5955868faa3f31d8092a0553e20c3.jpg

I found this pattern which I plan to use for a doll blankie.  srsly, all I saw was a doll blankie :rofl

BTW, the pattern is a bit of a mess when put into WOrd.; it will take about an hour to undo the formatting and such.  Print Friendly will not generate a PDF :(

got the crocheting done and the pattern done... just need to get all the pics and we're good to go :)

peach01.jpg.6ecd6737e20702ae5d17d1e48a290e2f.jpg

I have an eye on a better doll for these projects.  will know tomorrow if I can get her/him.

I used my "Say Goodnight Gracie" pattern to make this nighty to go with a blanket I started last month... I promise to get working on it today... no really, I will

It is a good pattern and works up quickly.  IISSM.

nighty1.jpg.a1758d7b163035214207fe9a946b42dc.jpg

the other night I was watching vids on You Tube and I decided to see what they had in doll clothes tutorials.  I watched one really simple dress and then I spotted this dress which I shortened to a top,  the vid called for WW yarn and a 4.mm hook; I had to go with SW yarn  (it was too perfect for pattern) and so a 5.mm hook.  I have got to get to Walmart to see if they have that yarn :drool

pant01.jpg.29974e27e6f3b612e766a613a8078e57.jpg

I've been thinking that if I remove the button this would make great pj's.

the amazing thing is that I could just grab yarn and hook and make this.  I give thanks every day :manyheart for being able to crochet again.  the craft is so much more precious to me now after having lost it for so many months.

I'm looking for opinions on this off the shoulder top that I am designing.  someone has suggest that working straps across the shoulder - or just strands of yarn for spaghetti straps.

ots01.thumb.jpg.eda2f158757d7760a98e07f2726b76b9.jpg

ots02.jpg.e16edf28b150f7ec0e359102f8c42219.jpg

I'm thinking that the act of questioning this should tell  me but ...gosh, darn it... I like the look.  However Modesty is my usual watchword as we are dressing '9yr old girls

so to speak

been a very busy time of late...

My Baby Born* doll arrived today.  I ordered her (him) on Sunday afternoon.  it is looking good for the patterns I have done so far but I might have to re-make the hat for this head size. this is how the doll came to me note: the hat string broke when I took it off.

born01.jpg.d3e5712fbbe2f8fe4e0fb19434f122b5.jpg

doll with my Peachy Keen outfit:

born02.jpg.80052405702603742115c7641cc4e967.jpg

born03.jpg.8d4910d9118b59089b2318fc4ddc1161.jpg

I don't know what to say...Darski you have an amazing gift.  I don't like to touch on politics or religion but I am so thankful that whatever higher power looks over you gave your hands back.

We all gather here to celebrate our fun accomplishments, and every doll outfit, (or bird nest, or hat or blanket) we send out into the world just brings me so much joy.  Our projects not only bring happiness or comfort to the person (or animal) who receives them, but we are all lifted by sharing. All of you inspire me. I can't say that often enough. 

I have had a very slow start this year. I got an administrative assistant 3 weeks ago and I am hoping that once she is trained, it will mean I can finally get off work at a normal hour and get more excerxise and more fun worked into my life. 

I bought some RHSS Fair Isle yarn last weekend. I put on skein through my small Addi for a scarf (the ends need to be stitched). I have another skein of the same color that I will try on the large Addi to see what it will look like as a hat. 

image.jpeg.79d0ea754a4d40a24498d7035cb01c1d.jpeg

I've just discovered that many of my patterns have been lost over the many changes (changes are good but there are side effects) the patterns are still there but you have to travel (far) back in time to get to them.  I have tried bumping the patterns but when I searched they still are not present.

Would some of you please go to Free Original Patterns  and search for "Dressed for February".  the post is near the top because of the bump but still doesn't show in search.  it might work for you :)

4 hours ago, darski said:

I've just discovered that many of my patterns have been lost over the many changes (changes are good but there are side effects) the patterns are still there but you have to travel (far) back in time to get to them.  I have tried bumping the patterns but when I searched they still are not present.

Would some of you please go to Free Original Patterns  and search for "Dressed for February".  the post is near the top because of the bump but still doesn't show in search.  it might work for you :)

I tried and it does not work for me either.  I guess you can try reporting it but the admins havent been around much.  

Archived