Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

Got some work done during Patriots game last night.  Sewed part of Grey Lady's outfit together and then got to work on some play food for toy donation.  Two drumsticks finished.  Need to get to work on green beans today.  Got to have the veggies.

As I was doing a search for playfood came across a free Ravely pattern that would fit the request for stuff that would help with the donation for people who don't make toys or doll clothes.

Play Kitchen cart top.  This includes some ami style items, but honestly if you just made the mat with 4 burners and don't make the sink side would be great because it provide a toy stove that the child can put on top a storage unit like this woman did, the top of a table, on the floor, etc. to cook with and it stores away without any bulky toy kitchen equipment that many of these families just don't have the space to keep. I'm going to be making play food this year, so if anyone wants to make some cooking mats or you want to do the full kitchen mat I would be thrilled to send them in with the donation. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the pattern tip - got it.

I'm trying to remember what I did with my burgers and salad from my "Howdy Neighbour" pattern.  I'll go looking :think  the salad looks good but it was just yarn in a container.  Might not be safe ... and what about the salad servers?  they could be glued in place.

howA012.thumb.jpg.d0ae87ccd0c89bea900a017c60c913d3.jpg

Linda, I can't believe it's been 4 years since you hurt your wrist. That's crazy. I am glad that you are able to start working on nests again. I know that was your passion.  With 4 strands and an H hook, you must use the hook as a pick, because you really can't hook 4 strands around a tiny hook like that, can you? 

Bailey and Darski, your creativity is amazing. The food toys are so clever. When I first looked at the burgers, I was thinking that they were Oreos. Mmmm, Oreos. 

Panda is inspecting my latest batch of cat beds. I got the whale fabric on sale at Walmart for $1 per yard. I usually like cat prints or paws or something like that but for $1 there was no way I was going to pass on it! 

image.jpeg.a995f018a085b991a5823ff3951fd10a.jpeg

2 minutes ago, babypoohsmom said:

Panda is inspecting my latest batch of cat beds. I got the whale fabric on sale at Walmart for $1 per yard. I usually like cat prints or paws or something like that but for $1 there was no way I was going to pass on it! 

image.jpeg.a995f018a085b991a5823ff3951fd10a.jpeg

Looks like Panda approves!  $1 per yard was a great deal.

21 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Linda, I can't believe it's been 4 years since you hurt your wrist. That's crazy. I am glad that you are able to start working on nests again. I know that was your passion.  With 4 strands and an H hook, you must use the hook as a pick, because you really can't hook 4 strands around a tiny hook like that, can you? 

Bailey and Darski, your creativity is amazing. The food toys are so clever. When I first looked at the burgers, I was thinking that they were Oreos. Mmmm, Oreos. 

its only 3 strands sc,I guess keeping a tight tension gets it through easily for me.whats laughable to me,is its the only thing I do right handed,everything else is done lefty

21 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

its only 3 strands sc,I guess keeping a tight tension gets it through easily for me.whats laughable to me,is its the only thing I do right handed,everything else is done lefty

wonderful that they are Panda approved,you really can't beat 1.00 a yard for fleece

I finally finished and have the Grey Lady outfit posted today.  I'm off this morning to the first fiber group meeting at our local library in a half hour.  I'm hoping it goes well as it would be a nice way to meet other crocheters and knitters once a month. 

Grey Lady

9 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I finally finished and have the Grey Lady outfit posted today.  I'm off this morning to the first fiber group meeting at our local library in a half hour.  I'm hoping it goes well as it would be a nice way to meet other crocheters and knitters once a month. 

Grey Lady

I saw that earlier when I looked at your bunny blanket. I absolutely loved the gray lady outfit!

I know this is not usually a subject for this thread, but Terri has posted a new WISH LIST for anyone interested.

It is not in it's usual place, as we can not add to a thread there.

Have fun everyone.

I love the work I see here.

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I know this is not usually a subject for this thread, but Terri has posted a new WISH LIST for anyone interested.

It is not in it's usual place, as we can not add to a thread there.

Have fun everyone.

I love the work I see here.

I pm'ed Terri over a week ago with that,not being able to reply

My computers have been hacked.  this (my desktop) has revived but my laptops are dead at this point.  I don't know if this will continue to work.  Just letting you know in case I have to give up computing. 

not sure what happened as scans say there are no threats but all 3 died within half an hour.  :cry

Computer problems are so frustrating. I hope you can figure them out Darski. We would miss you waaaay too much if you go "off line" for too long.

One of my Aunts passed away Wednesday night. She moved here from WI after she retired. She was diagnosed with liver and colon cancer in October and just went downhill very quickly. Today they had a memorial service at her house. 

So Janury just snuck away from me. It's crazy. I hope you are all doing well and avoiding this horrible flu. We had a confirmed case at work, so Lysol is our new best friend.  My LYS sends a coupon out every January for 20% off your entire purchase. I will have to get a picture of my haul. 

What have all of you been up to?? 

Darski, power surges (such as during thunderstorms) can kill computers and damage all appliances. Sometimes it can be an unknown glitch with those power company. Hope you're able to stay on line.

Denise, sorry to hear about your aunt. What fun at the LYS!

good afternoon

we have lost two tv's and a CD player to lightning strikes here,but not the lap top or main computer,hope things clear up soon for you,Darski

I have 10 nests down,three in the stages of going around with no increases,I planned it that way,in case I want to take them to appts.

This was not a surge effect.  it was a lovely day and nothing happening to speak of.  At this point I have two of three comps seeming to work.  Still have to try my CivIII laptop - scared to try that one

I have a project for January.  it took me about 2 weeks to make this (still have sleeves to finish :(  I have included pics of the doll I am using for a 16" baby.  is it close enough?  I've made things to fit loosely.

I have scanned these pics before uploading so they should be safe

16doll-1.jpg.47306e3f6dea1a544444dd15e38a1e63.jpg

16doll-2.jpg.e17fc927ddd19c02e96de854f6ee7ca5.jpg

bunt01.jpg.556d8e52554e14b0360620fd733e3ca5.jpg

bunt02.jpg.67910aa64483ba17b0f62a6b1e3e72a5.jpg

Archived