Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, babypoohsmom said:

I just bumped it and was able to see the pattern and the pictures. What's missing? (super cute, by the way!)

the problem is that the Ville doesn't know that the pattern exists.  it cannot be found thru search and links (from Pinterest etc) don't work.  they get the same error that Dot's patterns have.

I have been debating whether to do a links post or to just re-upload every one of them again.  but those plans won't fix all the broken links.  I'm also not sure those early patterns, aka Dora patterns, are called for.  I guess I will have to see where the 18" doll patterns and such start to be lost.  Need  to dedicate a week to that one :rofl

Chris love your version of the eggster bunny.

Darski that square will make a lovely doll blankie.  I dont know what the best thing to do about the broken links. I dont have a good grasp on how all that works.  I guess the links out there to all the patterns here before the upgrade are getting that error.  Thats really sad. 

Darski I just did a Ravelry search for Dressed for February.  When it came up the link took me to your pattern here.  I did the same for Pinterest and the link I found there also too me to your pattern here.  On  the link from Ravelry to your We Gather Together pattern I got the error page so I guess that link was established before the upgrade while the ones that worked were after the upgrade?

Bailey, your little egg is adorable! I can't believe you got it done so fast. 

Darski, that block is perfect for a doll blanket. Are you going to put some kind of border on it?

Just so you all know that I can actually do something besides hats and cat stuff, here is the blanket I made for the girl ar work due in June. I see that at the top of the blanket, I did not start the second skein right or something else.....?  The color repeats are off.  But, hey, it's done!!  I will for sure use this pattern again, but not with baby yarn.

image.jpeg.3a91834d911b48d374d716d0645b0675.jpeg

I have had the same sort of results.  some work and some don't.  Dressed for Feb. was an early pattern but later patterns don't work :think

I'm not sure what to do to fix this

16 minutes ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski, that block is perfect for a doll blanket. Are you going to put some kind of border on it?

I have been thinking of trying this rolled flower edging because the block is not showy I think I can use some ooomph on the edge.  I want to try doing one every other stitch (So to speak)  and I don't want to do the mesh row; I'll just work into my dc row.  I think that will make skipping a  bit work out.  :think

flower-edging.thumb.jpg.a977cd48a3801c4bb48b5d4c478bd64a.jpg

18 minutes ago, babypoohsmom said:

Just so you all know that I can actually do something besides hats and cat stuff, here is the blanket I made for the girl ar work due in June. I see that at the top of the blanket, I did not start the second skein right or something else.....?  The color repeats are off.  But, hey, it's done!!  I will for sure use this pattern again, but not with baby yarn.

I love the look of this. :ghug

Denise I like the afghan.

Darski thats a beautiful border and should really dress the edge of that block up.  It is definately a puzzle on those links.  Wish the admins were around so you could get their advice.  

Darski the links on Ravelry that are giving me the error are going to crochetville.org which is what it was when I joined years ago.  Then it became crochetville.com and then after the May upgrade it became forum.crochetville.com

I think to really fix it you would have to be able to go into the forum software and redirect to the current location.  Also on Ravelry on Youthful Memories it says pattern no longer available which I assume was done because the link no longer works. I am thinking its not so much how old the pattern is but how old the link into the pattern it is.  And it is really bizarre that Dressed for Feb doesnt show up in searches here but you can link into it from Ravelry and Pinterest.

I should probably upload the pattern(s) again and then post them on Ravelry and hope the  new links will work.

I could load them on Craftsy but that is a lot of work for every pattern.  Here I could just upload the PDF and a couple of pics.

..ok, It's on the list :rofl ... (last time I looked the list reached Food Basics...

well I just spent the afternoon bumping all the patterns from the late pages on FOP forum... did absolutely nothing.

I might just upload Youthful memories again and post it on my Pinterest pages.  it is an all-time fave pattern by Pinterest postings

Ravelry has no interest in having members contact admin so I won't bother trying to fix their broken links.  I've pretty much had it with pattern postings for one day

:rofl

Darski I noticed you were busy today.  Sorry it did not work. When I checked earlier The Shall We Gather Together link at Ravelry has  crochetville.org and gives the server error code.  I came here and bumped up that one and saw it did not help.  Now when I recognize your patterns on Ravelry and Pinterest I have been checking to see if the links work and most of them do work.  

my efforts at finding old stuff may not have worked but making new stuff has. :)

I stopped the square early because I lost my way and it is big enough at any rate.  I also didn't use the fhat border because it was waaaay too large for a little one - about the size of the doll's foot ; so I went with this picot flower instead - I like it.  I think the other one would only work in finer yarn.  this yarn is hefty even for a WW..  I have also discovered that when I make a blankie I just continue on with a sweater and hat. :rofl

bb01.jpg.2ca68eca1e9c50b2e9f5fca722d6a04f.jpg

bb02.jpg.8799dccde37be82e504f9cd4a8036339.jpg

I have also been making thesse diapers just as an aside.  they just slide on and off.  I have been putting bows (sort of) to mark the front.  I considered using buttons but they seem to cause concern around little ones.

and... as sweet as Mary Janes are they just move up the cuteness scale when you add socks,  :manyheart

bb03.jpg.8b7c19ce358f7c3a61676e77bf984d57.jpg

Darski such a pretty set.  I like your version of the square and can see how the other border would not have worked very well with this size of square and weight of yarn.  Your diapers Mary Janes and socks are adorable.

Love the Mary Janes! The block worked up wonderfully as a blanket. Love it. You absolutely have your groove back! 

And Brenda...you've been busy. Do you ever get to see the blankets they piece together with yor blocks? 

Archived