Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Love the Mary Janes! The block worked up wonderfully as a blanket. Love it. You absolutely have your groove back! 

And Brenda...you've been busy. Do you ever get to see the blankets they piece together with yor blocks? 

It is a Ravelry group and pictures are posted when she gets one assembled.  I get excited when I recognize ones I send.  

Brenda, that's what i was wondering I did that flower block by a gal named Krystal several years ago and I saw mine in one of her blankets but then lost track of her. Time for bed.

9 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Brenda, that's what i was wondering I did that flower block by a gal named Krystal several years ago and I saw mine in one of her blankets but then lost track of her. Time for bed.

I remember her.  I think I got the pattern but never got around to making any of the squares.  I have been amazed at what a good job this woman does in putting together so many different types colors and sizes of squares.  The best thing of all is she wants to work the ends in herself.  It was hard at first to fight the urge to work in ends but I got over it.

I have a Krystal daisy ghan on the go (sorta) right now.  I wish she was sill active in her Y group but I believe she does a paid re-issue occasionalyy with funds going to Wounded Warriors.

I have had this snow pants thingy made for a while now.  In an effort to tidy up WIPs I finally made a jacket to go with.  :)  it's been a while since I used fake fur :rofl

snsuit01.jpg.b88d269ddd589892fdc5c5826db46238.jpg

5 hours ago, bgs said:

I remember her.  I think I got the pattern but never got around to making any of the squares.  I have been amazed at what a good job this woman does in putting together so many different types colors and sizes of squares.  The best thing of all is she wants to work the ends in herself.  It was hard at first to fight the urge to work in ends but I got over it.

Yeah, Brenda, I'll just BET it was hard to fight the urge to work those ends in!!  :lol  I always love those ends!!

1 hour ago, Avon Lady said:

Yeah, Brenda, I'll just BET it was hard to fight the urge to work those ends in!!  :lol  I always love those ends!!

It didnt take long to get over it but I have to really watch that I get the ends worked in on the squares I mail to our granny square group.  

3 hours ago, bgs said:

It didnt take long to get over it but I have to really watch that I get the ends worked in on the squares I mail to our granny square group.  

I've been working on squares for a group of kids who are putting together donated squares for afghans--so I'm really trying to weave those "darling" ends in as I go, so it won't be so "easy" to set the project aside!  It sure takes a lot of will power, tho!  :reyes

Chris love your teapot.

Darski cute paw print but like you think it would be a better corner accent than a big afghan full of them.  I wonder about it working as a dishcloth pattern or making some in squares to mix in with other squares in an afghan.

I finally finished this lapghan for Warmth for Warriors.

20180404_140444.thumb.jpg.bfd04bf4972832fcf48d2d20a82dd714.jpg

12 minutes ago, bgs said:

Chris love your teapot.

Darski cute paw print but like you think it would be a better corner accent than a big afghan full of them.  I wonder about it working as a dishcloth pattern or making some in squares to mix in with other squares in an afghan.

I love this so eye catching and cheery

The paw print is worked as dc in the middle of hdc to get the puffy look.  might be hard to match hdc to dc squares.  the vid is in Spanish - I think

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Chris love your teapot.

20180404_140444.thumb.jpg.bfd04bf4972832fcf48d2d20a82dd714.jpg

What a cheerful look. 

Darski those are adorable diapers.  I found a simple diaper pattern years ago from a blogger who has since abandoned her blog and instead of buttons I use snaps for the diapers.

The sugar bowl is finished and posted here.  I had hoped to move on to the tea cups yesterday, but got busy with some other stuff instead.

6 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

The sugar bowl is finished and posted here.  I had hoped to move on to the tea cups yesterday, but got busy with some other stuff instead.

that sugar bowl is adorable.  I'm tempted but not tempted to follow your example but my glass of milk was as challenging as I wish to go... good on you for doing the set :ghug

Well Darski, you know I am going to have to try that paw print. Maybe a scarf? I did the one paw print scarf last year that came out kind of short because I mis-judged the amount of yarn I started with. But it would be good for a child. I never got to try the matching hat because I still can't master the foundation sc or dc. 

Brenda, the Warrior blanket is cheerful. Again, I always think "who is going to get this" just like the toys and doll clothes I see here. For some reason my mind wanders to picturing someone using the stuff I make, even the cats. Do any of you do that?

The teapot is so cute. It reminds me of the one from Beauty and the Beast. 

Thanks for keeping me inspired even if I am sloooow this year to get things done. 

13 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

I never got to try the matching hat because I still can't master the foundation sc or dc. 

I think the best way to remember how to do any foundation stitch is to: Chain 2, make 1 sc in the first ch, then make your stitch (sc, or dc) in the same stitch.  Then sc in the sc of the previous stitch, Then make your sc (or dc) in the same stitch.  Continue.

Hope this helps!

finally finished this little girl's blankie.  I had started a Heart St  blankie but it was not the best version of that and was so fussy to do :snail

This is quite large at 23" but that ain't really a problem eh :?  for the border, I found a cute border pattern but it was about an inch away from the blankie when made ... so I did my own variation by working the boxes directly to the open spaces formed by the granny st.

pk01.jpg.e5b6c8c3d28cdd296455384dd3a3139f.jpgpk02.jpg.53e2a54be46bdce370cb006f4a388a91.jpg

pk03.jpg.7d33d4946bea9bff43e8b26f70b2cf25.jpg

Darski, I like the blanket. The secondary pattern from the light and dark yarn just pops out. It's a nice variation on the granny square. I'd love to try it with a light, medium and dark. Hmm...

As for the foundation crochet, I am pretty sure I do the correct mechanics, but I think my gague is too tight because I always wind up with something that looks like a fish hook or spiral. I keep forgetting to ask for help when I crochet with an actual person. ("In real life", as they say). I'll bet if someone watched me, they'd spot my error! 

I've just completed a pattern for an 18" doll... I'm calling it "Rivulets" even though it is not done in blue.  I just wanted the effect of water trails. I also have no idea why it needed a shawl but it just did :rofl

riv01.thumb.jpg.0ead0b20d3dacb77478543fb0bc2f663.jpgriv02.thumb.jpg.d47544359f10796b9f47647708dcfe33.jpg

I just posted the pattern at my Y group so I will post it here tomorrow.

want to finish the pic for my "Peachy Keen" pattern today so I can get it posted as well.

ETA;  Just posted Peachy keen at Y group so I can post it here tomorrow with the Rivulets pattern

Archived