To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

I will be home all week while there are workmen at the house. I plan on crocheting a prayer shawl for DH. He asked for one in our alma mater colors.

Then back to lapghans for the veterans home. I am trying a wave stitch, new one for me.

Today i take my baby back to college, spring break is over.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First skein is done. I bought 3, which is usually enough but i will need a 4th because my husband is tall.

Will try and pick up an extra skein later this week.

One skein was about 17" of shawl.

Rat dog - I know what you mean about needing a lot of yarn - Over a year ago I made my baby brother a ghan (he was newly separated from his wife, and on his way to divorce) and I made a nice dent in my stash, using up a lot of my leftovers to make a blanket big enough for his bulky 6'8" frame! It was a monster when done!

Looking forward to seeing a picture when you're finished!

2 skeins down. Now it looks like 3 will do it and using another color on the ends and border,we shall see what it looks like after the third skein tomorrow.

what are your alma mater colors?

Nothing new in the crochet dept here... maybe tomorrow....hopefully

Good Morning.

Been working on the tote, just have to make the pocket.

I made a thread bunny that turned out cute.  The pattern calls for all white, but I thought that was boring, I made her dress green.  Not really happy with the ears, but I think I will go looking for another ear pattern.  These seem to small.

post-105-0-26550200-1490194041_thumb.jpg She also has a candle inside.

post-105-0-32905300-1490194104_thumb.jpg

Cute bunny:)

I think those years on that bunny would look better if they would be attached closer together and going up-right, not sideways. And little bigger both ways ( in length and in width).

Sometimes looks very good when the ears are going down. But they would have to be longer and pointing straight down.

Krys

Yes Mary Jo, those ear needs some help you can barely see them...Love the cute candle idea inside perfect for a table scape or in a child's room as night light...

This work weekend for me was very slow....however I whipped up a few baby bibs that are bandana style...(***warning...cross posting)....and I am just weaving in the ends of a baby blanket I started a month or so ago just finishing it today as I watch tv....so I will post that as well later today...

post-35509-0-38057300-1490200258_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-97709300-1490200267_thumb.jpg

Good Morning.

Been working on the tote, just have to make the pocket.

I made a thread bunny that turned out cute.  The pattern calls for all white, but I thought that was boring, I made her dress green.  Not really happy with the ears, but I think I will go looking for another ear pattern.  These seem to small.

attachicon.gifEaster Bunny005 (2).JPG She also has a candle inside.

attachicon.gifEaster Bunny012 (2).JPG

Adorable!! I love the candle inside, too - very cute!  

The ideas the others mentioned about bunny's ears sound good. But she's still cute. I love the green dress too. Very Springlike!

Today the weather did shift here and dumped more rain on the us.. This year Phoenix has had so much rain in this spring time I am very confused...However I was able to put some of my crazy weather to good work...I was able to finished that baby blanket as well as some of these happy bunnies (**cross post)

post-35509-0-30470500-1490308822_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-94509800-1490308832_thumb.jpg

Made a prayer cloth to go with DH prayer shawl. Something he can keep at the office where wearing the shawl might get odd looks from those who dont know the meaning behind it.

Probably a good idea.... love the look of the whole project

Today the weather did shift here and dumped more rain on the us.. This year Phoenix has had so much rain in this spring time I am very confused...However I was able to put some of my crazy weather to good work...I was able to finished that baby blanket as well as some of these happy bunnies (**cross post)

Very very nice...and the bunnies are precious!!

Finished all but the beak and the feet on the last owl pillow for the boys Easter... Then to stark on a flock, herd, gaggle ... whatever you call a bunch of bunnies...pack? flock?  do bunnies even run in numbers :cry

great work, ladies!!!

i finished the basket I was making, and should have a picture for you tomorrow.

have a great night, ladies!

Finally finished hte last owl for the boys Easter presents... tomorrow I need to work on a cross stich project of Moniticello and hopefully start dome of those cool bunnies MJ posted... I downloaded a few  Any Griffith episodes so I can hook and remember the good old days while making them! 

Lea,  your plans sound terrific! I like to put Sherlock Holmes DVDs on while I crochet - there's rarely anything on TV that I want to watch (unless it's the Yankees or NY Rangers (hockey))

Archived