Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

good afternoon

Katy,he is getting better,X-ray showed lungs were clear,the cough and congestion is getting less and less each day,we now have to give him his pills with applesauce,even tap water was causing a coughing fit and just wears him out.

Not that we'll be going there anytime soon or ever,Disney says No rocking their theme parks,There is a Harlley  group that does orange ribbons on rocks that say look twice,save a life.

When we were in Florida in the '70s there were license plate covers that said  ARRIVE ALIVE and that phrase stayed with me,I think I'll use that on some rocks.

Bgs,I  haven't forgotten,when I have a bit more time and its quiet ,so I  can think

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone.

I had the grandbaby after work yesterday and she was very busy so I didn't get on the computer. I might have her here for a little while this evening while her parents pick up a play house and small swing set that my daughter found on one of those apps where people sell second hand things. It was a typical work day and I've started a load of laundry. I'm going to try to get in a little sewing.

Have a great evening.

hi all slow here or what lol  nothing earth shaking going on here just the nrmal sstuff and today is the perfect fall day  we have mild temps and sunshine so im good lol I istened to the second book well im into the 6th cd  it was a slow start for me but i have sort of a thing that if it isnt holding my interest by the first 5 or so chapters it isnt oing to  this one made the grade by about  4 and a half so im continuing on for a while yet lol 

i think with this one i dont care for the reader lol 

i think that i may do sheets today too i just remembered that was on my todo list for tosay  so ill see you all later perhaps maybe from the tablet as i can dictate it lol  ok later all take care glad your sil is maybe a bit better  lynda    

Hello all cant sleep this early s so.  Lol

Gotta go find my stylus pens so ill be back ok. 

Or I  can rough it for a tiny while I guess. I havent used this much for a long time so its a wonder I can remember how. Lol. 

Now I'll try this dictation thing yes it works good daughter said she uses this all the time on her smartphone but it is all new to me so this is my first intentional try at iit  So I guess it works.

I never got to making my bed today with clean sheets but I'll do it in the morning bright and early. 

Well this is fun but I don't see that it does punctuation or paragraph starting and I don't know how to put that in so this will all run together probably but oh well I'm just still learning on this Samsung I use mostly the desktop or the laptop most of the time all day I like the touch screen on my laptop better then the screen on the desktop which isn't but I make do I guess. I'm on disc 6 I think on that book and will probably finish that up in a day or two it isn't as long as the first one I had read to me I think only 11 a discs on this one I just pop it in the laptop and either crochet or do whatever I'm doing in that room I also have a portable disc player and earphones that if I go from room to room I don't miss any part of the chapter that might be important to the story so I like that factor but I swear this  reader I don't much care for that voice and I think I could read a book faster myself then listen to it so I don't know if speed isn't the option or isn't important here then I'll just finish it by  them reading it to me  talked to my sister in Idaho tonight and they are well Iand am doing fine but I had to tell her about Minnie which was hard and she felt bad for that but at least mini is where she needs to be although I still really miss her and always will. 

well I started another afghan     a baby one and I'm going to try that Stitch Brenda use on Hers as  I thought that was so pretty it's going well and rather moving along quickly and I think I'll make it striped in baby colors with white rows inbetween. I like it so far but will know more the further I go along I guess that's it for now I'm getting tired maybe I'll catch the news and fall asleep during as usual and I'll see you all tomorrow until then take care good night

Just a quick pop in.  Got lots of stuff going on today.  Hopefully I will be able to get the new tote posted.

Working being done today in the yard.  County finally came and picked up the Hurricane debris, so now the street looks good again.

Neighbor put the house up for sale.  Can't wait to see who buys it.

Well, off to get some work done.

Have a fun day. 

14 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

Hello all so i think i can dictate on the lap top too but dont know how to turn that on so will have to have daughter to  do that next time she is here for sure  gonna have to make a list or ill forget to ak her  lol gotta look up an eye place and make an appt for oct i hope there is one fairly closes  by as i have not been to one for years  didnt have to i guess till recently    .

listened a bit to the book while i crocheted for a bit this am and had to count stitches ao that didnt work lol not when listening apparnebtly as i had to frog one and a half rows lol  i count every few rows to make sureIm staying even on the edges lol  it wasnt so out it came lol  ill be more dilligewnt and perhaps pause the book next time lol  

Was and has been a chilly fall morning  not rnough to put the furnace on for but i threw a shawl over my shoulders till i got to mocing around a bit and warmed up lol  Max was even cchily as he crawled  into his blanket in his bed and snuggled in lol  now its noon and warming up a bit with a half way sun out  

well im off to do a few chores  enjoy your day and ill see you later  

Cant remember what all I did yesterday but whatever it was I stayed busy all day and I do remember that I never picked up up a crochet hook even after I got to my chair.   TC had an asthma attack last night so we went to the vet this morning for another shot.  Glad I had the new carrier since I had to take her by myself.  Think I will go get my box of Halloween stuff out.   Dental appointments are tomorrow.  Think we will stop and buy a room air purifier.  I used to have a couple but never replaced them when they quit 3 or 4 years ago.  

good afternoon everyone

These 90 degree temps have got to go.okay shouldn't complain much,the sun is shinng after a few grey days thanks to Maria.

Alittle more on this kindness rock project,was started by a lady that walked on the beach,when she would see sea glass it reminded her of her mom,when she saw heart shaped rocks it reminded her of her dad,both gone.she got to thinking what if I  wrote words of encouragement or uplifting thoughts on rocks ,thats how it began

it spread state to state,its even international.The kids seem to get the most joy from it,and it gets them out in parks and on walking trails,hey exercise that they aren't even thinking about,win win.When someone posts a pic on facebook those kids get a real kick out of that,both Rene' and I have found ones done by kids,one had three circles and stems,an apple( green ) and two cherries (red ) the other had a duck head

Hello,

I am soooooo tired today. I haven't been sleeping well and last night I took care of the baby for a while and then my daughter and son-in-law brought pizza back with them for all of us. I didn't get to bed til about 11:10 and didn't fall asleep until after 11:30 and I get up at 4:30 am. It's a good thing tomorrow is Friday, hopefully I'll catch up on some sleep over the weekend. I think I'm going to try to crochet a little, if I can stay awake. Have a great evening everyone.

good morning,

it was cool enough this morning,to walk the outside perimeter of the mall,no rocks found but plenty of exercise,tomorrow the plan is  to hide rocks in different locales and see how many show up as found on facebook,enjoy the day

Hello all cant sleep this early s so.  Lol

Gotta go find my stylus pens so ill be back ok. 

Or I  can rough it for a tiny while I guess. I havent used this much for a long time so its a wonder I can remember how. Lol. 

Now I'll try this dictation thing yes it works good daughter said she uses this all the time on her smartphone but it is all new to me so this is my first intentional try at iit  So I guess it works.

I never got to making my bed today with clean sheets but I'll do it in the morning bright and early. 

Well this is fun but I don't see that it does punctuation or paragraph starting and I don't know how to put that in so this will all run together probably but oh well I'm just still learning on this Samsung I use mostly the desktop or the laptop most of the time all day I like the touch screen on my laptop better then the screen on the desktop which isn't but I make do I guess. I'm on disc 6 I think on that book and will probably finish that up in a day or two it isn't as long as the first one I had read to me I think only 11 a discs on this one I just pop it in the laptop and either crochet or do whatever I'm doing in that room I also have a portable disc player and earphones that if I go from room to room I don't miss any part of the chapter that might be important to the story so I like that factor but I swear this  reader I don't much care for that voice and I think I could read a book faster myself then listen to it so I don't know if speed isn't the option or isn't important here then I'll just finish it by  them reading it to me  talked to my sister in Idaho tonight and they are well Iand am doing fine but I had to tell her about Minnie which was hard and she felt bad for that but at least mini is where she needs to be although I still really miss her and always will. 

well I started another afghan     a baby one and I'm going to try that Stitch Brenda use on Hers as  I thought that was so pretty it's going well and rather moving along quickly and I think I'll make it striped in baby colors with white rows inbetween. I like it so far but will know more the further I go along I guess that's it for now I'm getting tired maybe I'll catch the news and fall asleep during as usual and I'll see you all tomorrow until then take care good night. 

Mary Jo I really love this tote and what a great name for it. I love Halloween  and got my Halloween things out yesterday.

Linda thanks for the rock info.  I had no idea.  Will have to see if anything like that is going on here. I tend to look and admire places landscape rocks whether its gravel size or large.

hello and a nice fall day to you all!! I love Midnight MAGIC  mary jo great theme great colors great name lol  

Well finished the Whistler the current John Grisham i was on  it was good but long lol  

as usual all my guesses athe way through were all wrong but they usually are  at least it ended the way i thought it would though  lol

Got the bed done yesterday need to va a c  little maybe the craft room and laundry room and hall way   i get too tired  cant do it all one one pass get too tired lol  and i did the bedroom yesterday so all handy has to do is the living area lol  and for that maxie will head ion into the craft room where mama will protect him from that "monster"  maxies words not mine hehehe    we have a couple vacs one is vwer big and noisey but deep sucking and the oher which is what i mosrly use is lightweight but not as suctiony lol but we arent too messy lol and i have a litte hand held that works well for quick clean upsthat lives  under my chair in the craft room for immediate use if i need it to be lol its a dirt devil and have had it for years before they came out with battery ones which by the way i have one of those too for the kitchen for scuffed out cat litter or crumbs on the counter  lol one might say im vacuum -rich i guess but years ago i wasnt and remember hauling up a cannister dragging it behind me two flights when we lived

in a tri-level lol  i  swore someday i will have one on every floor   that came to be several years later and made vacuuming a much easier task for sure the bigger one i have trouble pushing it as it is a heavy one i think it is a dirt devil bagless but the smaller lighter one is the one i most often use as it is bagless as well and i think it is a bisel i dunno  vacs come and go lol  i think i have had many diff brands even had a dyson once sheesh the bags were far more for that then i thought they should be back in the day lol    i liked it if not for that  one  thing   

i thinkmy  swifer  does a good job in the kitchen but i want a bit more for the bathrooms lol so i want a     steam cleaner mop thing for the bathrooms and even i n the kitchen  you know  ill put that on my list  lol maybe handy will think to look at them for me soon  i will look online as well  does anyone have one if so how do you like it does it work well??? what brand is good??  i just feel steam would be more cleaner power and sanitary hul   what do you all think anyone have one?? all for now i expect maxie soon as i hear the vac rolling out lol  later!! 

ok all for now  we made aa turkey breast yeaterday so we are having hot turkey sanwiches for supper tonught lol served on a plate cut in half with some potatoes and gravy between the two halves and dressing if desired on the side loso i eill go for noe mwke sure to have a good day nd ill gab more later ok and thanks for any imput in advance !! 

Dental appointments done---hoping no phone call that a cavity showed up on the xrays.  After that we stopped for lunch and as we were in line at the register I heard a familiar voice ask Brenda is that you.  It was a friend I hadnt seen for some time.  Then off to Menards to get a room air purifier---really really hoping it helps TC. I got it unpacked set up and running.  Didnt sleep good last night as her breathing was noisy.  I sleep a lot in my chair and she sleeps in my lap.  I am really starting to love Menards over the other hardware places as they seem to have what I am looking for and not necessarily thinking to look for there like dh's boots and jeans.  Today they had the roto broom, swiffer mop, and scrub brush I wanted along with the air purifier.  Cant believe they sell milk and some groceries too.  

Good Morning.  Up early this morning.

I have finally caught up with all my reading here.

Ok, I was all ready watch Star Trek Discovery and learn here it is not on TV.  Bummer.

I am caught up or close to being caught on my crochet, but not enough to get everything done I want to.

Hot and humid again this morning.  I need to go back to the store to take back some turkey sausage, that I bought by mistake, but not today.

Hope no cavity for you Brenda.

We finally got the new sim card and Tampa Guy has been playing with the phone ever since.

Well off to see what the world has to offer.  Glad you all like the new tote.  Going out today.

Good Morning!

I've been up for about an hour, had coffee and started laundry. It's suppose to be a rainy day here which means it's  a perfect sewing day. I will have to go out to drop the car off at the garage for an oil change and then out again to pick it up later but that's about all my plans for the day. I hope all of you have a great day.

hi all  quiet day for a sat   gloomy and expecting some rain here too carol lol  

i know brenda about our menards and thry have everything lol  handy usually stocks up in fancy feast there as it is cheapest there and cat litter too  we have used the clumping litter since maxie was a bab andy   that is all he knows and clay is so heavy and harder to vac up  i have the swiffer mop and refills but am going to get either a bisel or a o cedar steam nop  good things about both like i want thr top fill  does it take reg water and how long to heat up which is more the bisel but i like the triangular shape of the o cear as my bathrooms are full of tight spaces ans corners lol   i havent decided yet hoping someone here can recoomend a brand for me to look at lol

well finished 5 cds yesterday and this am of the new well not new but another audio book new to me anyway lo 5 to go and another one bites the dust  i just play them on my lap top and turn up thhe volume and handy in the living rrom can listen when he is out there through the intercom lol  hes redl everything  grisham but likes to re hear it too

I got the laundry done and pit away and some other small chores that were onn my list done so i didnt do too bad today i guess  removed a couple throw pillow covers from the living room and will run another load maybe tomorrow for those they match the couch and just zip off so no biggie  

Well Mary Jo the dentist office called.  Dh has two and I have a suspicious that needs looked at so we made those appointments.  I was very dissappointed last year when I found out another Star Trek was in the works but only going to be on cbs's internet subscription tv.  They want to meet their goal in subscriptions and are hoping the Star Trek fans will buy in.  They showed the first one on broadcast tv (cbs) last Sun.  We started watching The Orville but missed the first 2 or 3 episodes.  It sure looks and feels a lot like Star Trek with maybe a touch more humor.  

Hello.

Not much happening here. Went to church this morning and came home. I hope to do some sewing today since that plan didn't happen yesterday. I had my little granddaughter for the afternoon and evening yesterday. My mechanic was closed yesterday, probably for Yom Kippur, so I ended up taking the car to Jiffy lube where I paid more for less work but the oil needed to be changed since I'll be traveling on the highway next weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day.

hi ya   and happy sunday to all  well another gloomy day rain here and there but thats ok i gues

s we were rain deficicient there for a while 

gave up that blanket stitch ghan afer frogging it twice cos i didnt like the edges lol so another  doing one now trying for another larger granny square one looks good so far so we'll see lol  i never worry about the edges on a granny square you know lol  

wel im off now for a bit but wanted to check in  have a good one sorry about the maybe cavities brenda lol  have fu everyone 

Mary Jo does Tampa Guy have the phone figured out yet?  Is it a smart phone?  If so it could keep him entertained to infinity and beyond.

Katy Menards finally opened a store in our realm of travel last year just before Christmas.  They have had one in St. Joseph for sometime but thats a 2 hour drive for us.  The few times we drove by it there was no time to stop.  The parking lot was so full when this one finally opened that the first few weekends people were parking along the sides of the access road to it.  I sort of like looking around in hardware stores.  I thought it amusing to see Menards carried milk and groceries----truly one stop shopping for the guys.  Sorry you had issues with the blanket stitch.  That is one that I find I dont have to do stitch counts on the rows.  This last batch I when I got to the last row I continued the stitch pattern around it for the border.  I did learn that if you are going to do more than one round you have to turn after each round.

It sprinkled just enough to make mud from the dust on the windshield.  We need a nice gentle rain.  Ground is so hard that we had to use a hammer and probe to make a hole along with pouring water in it so I could get my Halloween swooper flags in the ground.  

Hello all, Its been so busy lately I havn't had a chance to play on the forum or with my yarn. Now that fall is here, I have been working a bit on a couple of blankets I started at the beginning of the year. Hope everyone on here is doing well. Little Tribble and I do paint rocks and hide them for others to find. We don't get to do it as often as we like. We have a facebook page, but its not very active yet! We are SW Ohio Rock Gardeners.

This is my weekend to work so I havn't done much of anything other that sleep and work. LOL. Made our first pot of Chili for the season yesterday, yum. Had my wonderful Vegetarian Taco Salad last week. Not sure what to make next... I love October but can't believe it's here already. I hope we get to do more this year than we usually do. However, Hubby is finally getting his L knee replaced after about 10 surgeries to patch it up over that last 9 years. They didn't want to do it because he was so young and they don't have a lot to work with where he did so much damage to it.

I hope he will be feeling better by our anniversary on Halloween, so we can take our munchkin trick or treating like we always do!

I've been drawing a bit, while I've been busy, trying to improve some areas I struggle with.

Have a good evening all

Good Morning.  I have finally finished turning over the house from Sept to Halloween.  I have to much stuff.

Yeah Brenda it is a smart phone, it is a LG 20K?  It was free with the service we ordered.  Yeah, this should keep him busy for quite awhile.

Chance of rain today, so it is very muggy.  The wind is up also.  Still waiting for the tree people, but that is expected with all the down trees.

Well off to see what is going on in the world.

Oh the tote is out for delivery and I added clues for the name of the person getting it.

Archived