Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hello everyone I just heard about the tragedy in Nevada my condolences to all the people hurt and or affected by such and Evil Act of randomness I don't know if any of us hail from Nevada but a lot have relatives I'm sure there and family our prayers are with  them.

nothing much going on here today doing those pillow covers and a couple other things in the washer will be a small load but at least that part will be done anyway that's about it for right now I'll be coming back later on today I got to get a few other things done and I'm on a roll it seems take care of and say a prayer for those in this latest Random Act of  evil

hugs and kisses for all

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

A pretty typical Monday here, work and home, but I do have a sewing guild meeting tonight which is always fun. We've had a lot of rain today and I think it's suppose to continue through the week.

Katy, I saw the report about Nevada this morning and it broke my heart. I have cousins in Nevada but not in Las Vegas.

Well I guess I better get ready to go to my meeting. Have a good night.

I woke up yesterday morning from daughter texting to tell me about my nephew. He was life flighted to Pittsburgh yesterday. He is stable but, was in a car accident. He was thrown out the sunroof and had broken ribs, collapsed lung and. Broken back. He went into surgery this morning and we are praying it works or he could be paralyzed. Not a good day here.

Great news Holly about your husband.  Now the fun begins.

Owlvamp so sorry to hear about your nephew, and grandson.  Hopefully things will start looking up.

I was up early this morning, in fact, I was up before the sun.  Now sure why, as I was up till midnight watching the football game.  Way to go KC.

Hope to work on my Pumpkin train from Crochet Village.

Have a fun day.

good morning

I'm enjoying this nice cool weather,an early morning appt. for Rene',so no walk this morning,we walked over the weekend by Toys R Us,found a rock that was painted like a piece of cake,was so cool.Rene' has put out about 20,only heard back on 3,,we just chalk it up to not everyone has facebook or wants to join a rock page to post a pic,we just look at it as It did brighten someone's day

enjoy the day

continued good healing for your hubby Howieann

Owlvamp,so sorry,prayers for all

Linda its hot and muggy here this morning.  Its looks and feels more like Aug.  I asked my sis if she had heard about the rocks. She heard about it a couple of months ago.  She showed me photos on her town's fb page.  They were having a special painting event at a park last Sat.  And you are right not everyone is on fb myself included.

Tribble glad you checked in.  Wishing dh a speedy recovery.

Holly glad dh surgery went well. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Owlvamp sorry about grandsons and nephew.

Mary Jo after dh went to bed I got to see the end of the game and highlights.  Boy that was one heck of a last minute.

I am at the laundromat this morning washing cat blankets rugs bedroom comforter blankets and mattress cover.  Its just nice to clean them all at once.

Hi all    oh Sandra so sorry to hear about your troubles and holly  I'm glad your husband is doing better and it's over with only for the hard part now and they're getting back to being well again sandra  

that's horrible about your nephew and troubles with the grandson again seems trouble just follows your family around a little bit we've got to break that bubble you know what I mean when is enough enough I feel for you and our prayers are with you as well. Bgs  looks like rain all day today a day to here  so don't even have enough light to crochet  but i will have to turn on a lamp and oh guess what handy just left to go get the stream mop for me at Menards as he was headed there anyway today and asked if I had made up my mind yet I picked the Bissell as I found one with the Triangular a shaped head and removable and washable cleaning pads for it I told him to get the pads too haha I mean I'll go through the first one or two simply in the bathrooms   I've been wanting that Steam Mop  for quite a while as it's just too hard to try to get the mop  up in a little spaces especially beside the  stool where that is where you most need I am I right or what haha I just think 'steam will do a better job at fighting bacteria that causes infections because I don't ever want to have another infection that was horrible not sure where it came from or how it got to me but I just will feel better knowing it's steam that will apparently clean 99.9% of bacteria and germs so I'm all for that there's even some sort of a way you can do blinds with one of them although I didn't get that one with all those attachments I didn't figure I would need it so this one will do fine I'm just worried about the floors and getting them steam clean just like dishes in a dishwasher you know I think you get them way more sanitary than letting them dry or trying to dry them with the towel it's just stands to reason they get cleaner and stay fresher longer as I'm hoping my floor as well okay enough about that well that's all I've got to say right now I'm going to get some Diet Coke in me and again Sandr y  best wishes and  holly my prayers are with your respective troubles I'm so hoping for a fulll recovery for all.    and quick and I will prepare for the rain I guess cuz it's a commin. LATER OK.   

you need to get in there and I can't get down for awhile on my hands and knees how to do the floor anymore so I think the Steam Mop will do the trick I'm hoping anyway so I got a Bissell I told you that found one with the triangle had told you that and removable pads washable pads told you that I don't know I saw all I know about it it's electric and Bissell has always been a good brand for us we have a Bissell vacuum the one I use the most lightweight one and we have a Bissell shampooers for the carpet so we have a small one and then someone had passed me down I mean yeah I mean we had the large one the heavy one the double Duty 1 but someone had given me their smaller Bissell and that works in the tight spots to like in the hallway so we have two of those as well with attachments you know so you can get the furniture to I've never done on the furniture though I just don't want to sit on a wet couch

Soffy guess my post got cut in half sorry about that I'm using the tablet and I'm doing dictation so it's almost more trouble than it's worth because you have to I have to go back and put in punctuation or correct like here and here you know do you here are you here that always says the wrong one but okay well that's all for now I'm going to go drink some Diet Coke and wake up a little bit got up late today was it 8:30 like I normally used to sew still blurry eyed but I did get the bills paid this morning that's all done okay later I'll talk to you later thanks bye

Good Morning.  Quick stop in, before I get back to my hook.  I am trying to get something done, for a package going out.

Little cooler this morning.  Got up to another hurricane heading to the Gulf.  I hope they are wrong.

Well, off to make breakfast.

Just got back from youngest niece commencement/badge pinning ceremony.  2 hour drive each way, a couple hours for the ceremony and a couple of hours for the reception.  Its sort of sobering to know a bullet proof vest is part of her uniform along with a gun as she is a field agent with the MO Conservation Dept.  How did that little girl grow up so fast?

Very cool on the niece. 

Good Morning.  Went to the asthma Dr. this morning.  Not bad just down one point in my breathing, but I was told that with the hurricane and loss of power, they were getting a lot of sinus infections coming in.  I got lucky, no infection.

Ate breakfast and now to go to my corner to do some crocheting.

Have a good day.

hi all   

just checking in  nothing new  handy had to order my steam mop  as menards didnt have any more in stock  so it will ba a week or so before i get to use it thats ok i guess 

raining here probably into tomorrow even gentle at times and pouring at others  so another darkish day  

I sorted out my stash of 8 inchers i had on hand and picked out the lightish or pastel ones for either a baby ghhan or a lap robe for pine ridge  i will edge them all in a sunny yellow and sew them together in the next coupe of days  i am down to very few 8 inchers keft in that box but if needed can always make more lol  and this month soon will get those 6 inchers out to pine ridge and the crayon keepers too so that stuff will all be cleared out too this month  so that is good  then i can finish inventoring things and re ordering if necessary lol  but will be nice to see those 3 or 4 boxes outta here  well thats it i guess hope all is going well for all of you today  see you later ok have a good day today!!:ghug   

i think the last of the turkey for lunch in a sandwich will be on the lunch menue today lol   

Hello,

It's been a busy week and I have a cold, tonight is the first night this week that I haven't had anything going on so I plan to sit on the sofa with my crocheting and tv remote. There's not much else going on here.

Have a great evening.

Mary Jo glad you had a pretty good report from the asthma dr.  Have you learned how to answer and make calls over your cell yet?  dh had a devil of a time trying to answer calls with ours because you have to swipe them and not just tap or touch them.  I debated a bit before I got the smart phone trying to decide if I would be able to remember how to use it in a crisis situation when I would be nervous and upset.   

Katy it was a cloudy rainy day yesterday and today.  We were really needing the rain to settle down the dust. It has been nice for a change to get gentle rains spread out over a few days.  It also made driving better yesterday to not have to be driving into the sun.  I am kind of in a crochet slump right now but have been working on a few 6 inchers for PRR and a few scarves.  I just feel tired and I think we are all emotionally worn out from worrying about hurricanes and the other stuff going on.  I need to package up 3 baby afghans for PRR.  I am keeping one for a friend that is expecting and left one with my older niece for when she needs one next time for friends.  Guess I should get the 2 elder Christmas bags filled and packaged so all I have to do is grab them and go when its time to mail them. Yeah there is that C word.  Its just a little over two months off.  I didn't get things done over the summer like I usually do.  

Good Morning.  I have been up since six, so by now I am quite awake.

No Brenda I have not made a call on the new phone.  I did text my sister.  My BIL was in the hospital with a heart attack and had 2 stents put in, so after I found out, I had texted her to see how he was doing.  That is the extent of me using the phone.  Tampa Guy is still trying to figure out a lot of what is what.

All the crocheting is done on the train and I will be putting it together today.  Hope to get a picture later, before I put it in the box to send it on it's way.

That is it for now.

Have a great day.

good afternoon

been busy,found one rock this week,still working on getting mine done,Rene' has already put + 25, only 3 were posted with pictures

we are gearing up for the visit from mom's sister from Canada,should be interesting they both have Alzheimers

enjoy the day

hi all  

another stormy day all grey and mistyand sort of foggy   out but the good news is that 3,  count them 3 boxes got mailed out today for pine ridge!!

they all were for the youth center  two boxes containing  15 @ of crayon keepers and one box containing 24 plus winter hats   i forgot to put the 6 and 8 inch squares box in the pile handy took lol but will get that out either later this month or early nov.. then i will have my space back lol  i just finished writing well emailing a moderator at the youth center board to let her know and to add the goodies to the spread sheet for me  i have tracking numbers and expecting them to arrive in 3 to 6 days though  so that is  one giant thing off my to do lis t and    hats off too to haandy for helping me out with that as well   they have been sealed up and addressd and stacked in a corner of my craft room  now since i dunno maybe june? i just didnt want to send hot hats in the summer season and make them have to store them  lol  so i stored them till now  lol  

so i am expecting two boxes myself today!! both from my big sister in idaho  I dont know much about whatsn in  them but am excited as she always sends such neat stuff she shops in all the craft stores and

yard sales and flea markets  and estate sales  so i never know lol  so that makes it fun   fun!! 

i have been a bit i dunno out of sorts this week so looking forward to the delivery to brighten up my week  its just been rainy for too long is all lol nothing a day of sunshine wouldnt fix!!

oh and i broke my readers so using bigger type  i have more on the way and sure will be glad to get them lol  good thing i have these old ones lesser magnifying though but i can see the type ok when its bigger without my readers for now lol  

and i do have the edge to trim on that newest afghan too  that turned out so cheery and sunny wit the  the yellow outlining the squares..i just re ordered some red heart yellow and some grey i think that i knew i was low on anyway lol 

that reminds me too how are you doing with your broen and grey square collecting sandra?? do you have enough  are you putting it together yet? would love to see it anytime you can show us ok!! when things stress doen for you ok  

put a rather good sized roast in the crock pot for dinner tonight  Handy cut up tstos and onion and i put in carrots so it will be good ehen supper rolls around  nice day too to have something wintwey lol  and left overs for either hot beef sandwiches or maybe beef vegie soup i dunno 

have you noticed the price of reg Cambells soup these days  has it always been that high sheesh  1.78 . for one reg can of hicken noodle is preposterouus.. That conagra is getting ridiculous with some of their foodline  fist pot pies are down to a pot tart as the qualityand content and size have  have diminished so much   i dont even buy pot pies anymore well i do but i get marie collanders lol Now i call that a real pot pie lol 

I have one couch throw pillow whose seam can a little way un sewn so will do that sometime today  other than

that and sort through boxes and ooooh and ahhh over the contents i have nothing much else scheduled lol  nothing outside for sure so gloomy gonna pour here soon  Handy has been waiting for a nice day so he can flex seal anywhere that needs it i guess lol but that wont hppen this weekend   

i have one more audio book The Associate to do so that may be on the old agenda   hope you all have a great day regardless of weather and ill type at you all later!!   :manyheart    

hi linda  i guess nebraska is a fuddy duddy state as i just read this info  

A new law goes into effect September 31st, 2017 in Nebraska  that will essentially make it a misdemeanor to paint rocks. Even more severe, if you are caught hiding “painted rocks” in public spaces you can be charged with a felony and face hefty fines or even jail time.

so good thing im not into it afterall lol  have fun while it lasts   

Mary Jo I hope your bil is doing ok. I find my family keeps us more in the loop since they can text us. I get pictures and hear from them when otherwise I wouldnt.   When dad was sick it was great sending one text to 20 people instead of making individual phone calls.  We got our phones at the t-mobile store so I had them show me basic stuff.  Dont know that I would have ever figured out to double tap the screen to bring the screen to life and then swipe to unlock it to move on.  We did make an emergency visit back to the store when dh's phone was doing an android update.  It just kept looping and wouldn't move on wouldnt let you shut down and it said to not remove the battery while updating.   Well they removed the battery and when put back all was good and update installed no problem.  That was ok because I wasnt sure how to peel the protective case off to get to the back of the phone to get to the battery so I got a lesson then.  Its hard getting this new stuff when others have had it for so long they assume everyone knows what to do with it.  We got our first vehicle with remote control locks in 2007.  I didnt know to hit the remote twice to unlock all the doors until I grumbled to my nephew about how inconvenient it was to unlock the driver side open the door and push the unlock button to open the front passenger side when on the old cars I could unlock the front passenger side with my key.  Sorry your team didnt win last night but after checking the score it looked like they held their own even if they lost.

Yikes Katy thats a stiff penalty for hiding painted rocks. The other one I can see as they dont want them defacing rock formations in the parks and such.  It definitely feels good getting those packages on their way and I am excited for you that you are expecting a couple yourself.  

We had eye appointments this am so my eyes are still wonky.  dh didnt need new glasses but I did probably because of the cataracts but not so much that surgery is needed yet.  He looked and said the cataracts were still there and I said yeah if I could figure out what I could do I'd of got rid of them.  Looks like they would come up with some sort of eye drops.  He said he had been following research from other countries and it looked promising but would take awhile to happen here.  I had already done some research on the internet and knew about it but was glad to hear he was excited that someday they might not have to do cataract surgery.

Good Morning.  Off to get the hair cute today.  I am so glad, the bangs are in my eyes and driving me nuts.  I do not know how people stand it when they cut their hair to make the hair fall in their eyes.

My BIL is home.  I found out he was sick on FB.  I called my sister and she got back to me the next day.  They did not get home till 3AM, so that is why she did not call me.  He had 2 stents put in, but he came home yesterday, so they are happy with what is what.

I may stop in Michael's, but I may not.  Can't really think of anything I want or need.

Well, off to get ready.  Have a great day.

hi all  got some cute things in the boxes fro isaho aia  i will tr to snap pics of some of them  she always finds such neat things lol  brightened up the whole week for me11 \I do have ics i just took off my camera as i kept getting memory full lol so had no choice  i have 3 ghans done now for pine ridge or priject linus whichever both are worthy causes here they come ready or not lol got three done smallest is 30 by 30 then the other two are more like 32 by 32  or thebiggest  is 34 by 36 i think its   hard to measure um lol  but they are ready and done  making progress here  got some of my yarn bak in  order too today  all for now more
later  

000_0291.thumb.JPG.c2d0e26ac04e22fd5c593a23154e79b2.JPG000_0294.thumb.JPG.3fa1d9818ad7ad6c00b1ed12b562afbf.JPG000_0300.thumb.JPG.ef1ce7517e21e4742dfee29fe9e14e2f.JPG000_0301.thumb.JPG.4ddfb7df3096ed8f1c122225e8b34d3c.JPG

Hello.

Katy, those are very pretty afghans.

Yesterday after work I drove to my daughter's house about 1.5 hours from me. Then we drove to Orlando, about 2 hours north of daughter's house, to have dinner for her birthday and do some shopping at Disney Springs. Then drove back to daughter's house, I'm glad my son-in-law was driving because I kept nodding of to sleep on the ride home. We got home about 2 a.m. and I woke up about 6:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.  My daughter, granddaughter and I went shopping at Joann's, Hobby Lobby and Walmart and now I am very tired, not use to those late partying nights any more. I'll be at my daughter's until tomorrow and then I have to head home. That's about it for me. Have a great night.

Archived