Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

brenda  i dont know if i mentioned this before but when my kitties stopped eating we went and got some chicken and turkey Gerbers meat baby food you know in those little jars they ate that when they wouldn't even eat real chicken or turkey   i felt better knowing they got something down that was nourishing and you can even thin it down a bit with water and use an eye dropper  i did that and at least they get fluids a little bit and protein  if i mentioned this before sorry for repeating myself i'm beside myself with worry these days so forgive me    

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning everyone.

Another hot and humid day.  Summer sure is hanging on here.

I finally got my mojo on for Christmas.  I am making angels to put in my Christmas Cards.

Brenda I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.  I remember how hard it was when we lost our dog.

Off to the store this morning for a Chicken dinner with stuffing and everything.

Have a great day.

good morning

what a difference a day makes,Bill brought his mom back to the home while it was still light out yesterday,and had none of the problems he had Friday

so  darkness must have really disoriented her,boy live and learn

good sunday morning all  

bright  and sunny here today for a nice change  i did  sleep a bit better knowing that ny sister is home now and hopefully will improve i know she has to go back on monday for that last test so will know more then  

now if only little TC would at least show some improvement   too    do or have they fed her intravenously   with fluids or nourishment  she might still rally im hoping so anyway    

ordered a grisham audio book handy wanted this am  its been a movie but i havent seen it he has and has read it but thought i would like it so for 5.99 it will soon be on its way to us  we are listening on and off throughout the  day now to Grishams Ford County  i really like it so far as it is a compilation of shorter stories and some of them are hilarious lol and he himself is the reader of this one!          

i think while handy is gone with the neighbor to get some bags of cement for something Dennis wants to do that i will at least strip the bed and wash a load but he will help make it later on . ok so all for now folks take care     

Hello,

I'm trying to catch up on post and it sounds like everyone is in need of prayers and :hug. I will be praying. 

Jade is so cute! The time does fly by and they grow so fast.

Mary Jo, I'm beginning to think summer is never going to end in Florida this year. We took the kids to a fall festival yesterday and the heat was crazy, I also ended up with sunburn.

Went to church this morning and now i'm spending the afternoon in my sewing room.

I hope everyone has a good day.

good sunday morning all  

bright  and sunny here today for a nice change  i did  sleep a bit better knowing that ny sister is home now and hopefully will improve i know she has to go back on monday for that last test so will know more then  

now if only little TC would at least show some improvement   too    do or have they fed her intravenously   with fluids or nourishment  she might still rally im hoping so anyway    

ordered a grisham audio book handy wanted this am  its been a movie but i havent seen it he has and has read it but thought i would like it so for 5.99 it will soon be on its way to us  we are listening on and off throughout the  day now to Grishams Ford County  i really like it so far as it is a compilation of shorter stories and some of them are hilarious lol and he himself is the reader of this one!          

i think while handy is gone with the neighbor to get some bags of cement for something Dennis wants to do that i will at least strip the bed and wash a load but he will help make it later on . ok so all for now folks take care     

22 hours ago, Avon Lady said:

Brenda, I'm so sorry you're having to go through these rough days with your kitty.  Dh and I have only had two pets in the last 49 years, but we know the heartbreak of goodbyes!  We didn't consciously go out and get either one;  Mannix, 3/4 wolf and 1/4 Husky, was our first, given to us by dh's boss, who brought him to work with him, and "didn't dare go home WITH him!"  Our second, a beautiful gray cat, Shadow, "adopted" US!  Both left us too early, and it still hurts.  But I like to think they'll be waiting for us in Heaven! (I'm pretty sure they are good friends up there!)  We'll say some prayers for you!

Thank you so much.  I cant begin to tell you how grateful I am for all of you.  We didnt choose ours either they chose us.  We have lost 4 of our own in the last 10 years along with 3 neighbors dogs we were very fond of along with sisters cat and nieces cat very fond of them too.  

We cant see her today but got some encouraging news this morning.  She had eaten all the food left with her last night.  There were dabs of a canned food they had, people tuna, and dry food they had along with dabs of two of her favorite wet foods and some broth with bits in it.  

Mary Jo I have a bag of angels that I made months ago but only got about 6 pinned out and stiffened. Cant seem to get motivated to do that part.  I have to do it at the kitchen table.  Its messy and I can only do a few at a time.

Katy glad your sis is home.  I spent this morning packing my 2 shopping bags for the elder Christmas project.  I made  scarves.  I added lotions, soap, socks,dish cloths, safety pins, tea, hot chocolate packets, Hawaiian Punch single packets, and a Christmas pin to wear.  I think I will add a kitchen towel and maybe hotpads.

Yesterday was hot and humid but we had storms last night.  Today we have sunshine but the air is cool like fall here should be.

bgs that is good news. Hopefully she will continue to improve. I know how you feel been there to many times and it's so heart breaking. I have saved my Hercules 6 times now. Literally from the brink of death. He is doing amazing now. Just this afternoon I was laying down and he wasn't in there with me , He hunted me down like I was gone forever. He weighs about 75 pounds and set right on me licking me like where did you go mama. He never leaves my site for he goes almost everywhere so with me even in the bathroom. No privacy ever. I have a few like that. But ever sense he has been sick and from his surgery I'm his and there's no question about it. I won't take him when I go to the store for I refuse to leave him in the vehicle. That drives me nut when people do that especially when it's hot out there. So I call Hercules my kitty cause I believe he thinks he has 9 lives. Plus he sleeps all day , my couch potato and comes a live at night. LOL I love him!!!! I'm saying prayers for you and kitty. 

21 minutes ago, owlvamp said:

bgs that is good news. Hopefully she will continue to improve. I know how you feel been there to many times and it's so heart breaking. I have saved my Hercules 6 times now. Literally from the brink of death. He is doing amazing now. Just this afternoon I was laying down and he wasn't in there with me , He hunted me down like I was gone forever. He weighs about 75 pounds and set right on me licking me like where did you go mama. He never leaves my site for he goes almost everywhere so with me even in the bathroom. No privacy ever. I have a few like that. But ever sense he has been sick and from his surgery I'm his and there's no question about it. I won't take him when I go to the store for I refuse to leave him in the vehicle. That drives me nut when people do that especially when it's hot out there. So I call Hercules my kitty cause I believe he thinks he has 9 lives. Plus he sleeps all day , my couch potato and comes a live at night. LOL I love him!!!! I'm saying prayers for you and kitty. 

Thank you Sandra.  I dont blame Hercules one bit for always wanting you close.

well that is good news and will feel her better lol as my daughter used  to say  i am encouraged and she will be in my prayers every day till she comes home a healthy girl as will her parents   

got the bed done and the laundry is all done but not much else today but that's ok a little at a time huh  sandra you sure have a bond withHerc especially i think  he loo k s to  you as his  savior many times over i think   im glad all else are doing well carol take care of that sunburn  can we see your angels pwetty pwease mary jo?? 

Good Morning.  Waiting for the Sears repair.  The new fridge is making noise, like a  fan is hitting something.  Geeze I wish I still had the old one. 

Other than that, nothing going on.  They are still cleaning up storm debris, so I doubt I will be seeing the tree people soon.  We will be calling again on Wed. to see how soon that may be.  The longer that tree lays on the hawthorns, the more they will die.  I have put moth balls out to try and chase away whatever is digging there also.

Well, off to make breakfast.  Have a fun day. 

Vet said she has had a couple of good days but that is being on O2.  We are thankful she is comfortable.  I paid up her bill so far and got prices for..........  Trying to calm my self down to go home but I dont really want to be there.   

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Waiting for the Sears repair.  The new fridge is making noise, like a  fan is hitting something.  Geeze I wish I still had the old one. 

Other than that, nothing going on.  They are still cleaning up storm debris, so I doubt I will be seeing the tree people soon.  We will be calling again on Wed. to see how soon that may be.  The longer that tree lays on the hawthorns, the more they will die.  I have put moth balls out to try and chase away whatever is digging there also.

Well, off to make breakfast.  Have a fun day. 

Gee Mary Jo not already!  My dad delivered for Sears for many many years.  Back in the day every appliance we had was from there but it reached a point where he would no longer buy their stuff  because the quality had declined so much.

Ok, it turns out when the guys installed it, they put the line for the ice maker under the fridge.  So this repairman moved it so it would not get stuck and the noise is gone.  The fridge was off balance, so that is why the fan was making noise.

Yeah, our old fridge was 26 years old.  We were always told, don't get a new one, as this one is made much better.  We had not choice.

Keeping you in my thoughts Brenda.

A little more good news.  Vet called and she did ok out of O2 chamber for an hour.  He is just really worried about all the scarification in her lungs.  No matter the outcome this vet and his staff have been super.

Mary Jo glad nothing was really wrong.  When my sis got her last refrigerator (not from sears) she also had problems. Cant remember if it was the freezer or fridge door not staying shut.  The problem turned out to be the guy did not level it when he set it up.  

well brenda she is a bit improving so dont give up on her yet  she is a little fighter for sure and maybe she will pull out of this yes your vets there are truly marvelous  and i feel with their help maybe she will be ok after aT he glimmer of hope is still flickering maybe just a bit brighter now  

oh got another scarf done for nov mailing perhaps that makes three scarfs is all so far  but more will be added by the time i mail i guess lol  ill put them out tomorrow and take their pic to post ok  

got the kitchen fully cleaned floor and all and we aren't  coking tonight we're just having chicken from the deli as handy will pick it up on his way home from working on someones car port issue lol so all for now  

Brenda, I'm glad to here the vet's report was encouraging.

Mary Jo, I'm glad there is nothing serious wrong with the refrigerator.

It was back to work today and a stop at Joann's. Now I'm home doing laundry and warming up leftovers for dinner.

Have a great evening everyone.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:42 PM, bgs said:

I have a bag of angels that I made months ago but only got about 6 pinned out and stiffened. Cant seem to get motivated to do that part.  I have to do it at the kitchen table.  Its messy and I can only do a few at a time.

Brenda, how big are your angels that you're stiffening?  If they aren't bigger than 12", you might try pinning them to a ceiling tile.  I buy ceiling tiles at Menard's when their corners are broken or they're loose out of their boxes.  They are inexpensive that way.  Then I pin them out on the tiles and brush them with a half and half solution of white glue and water, and let them dry.  Sometimes I have "tons" of them to stiffen, and I stack the tiles about 4 or 5 high (using long nails to separate them so the air will flow.)  That works great!  It takes quite a few straight pins, but it's worth it to get them all done at once!

Guess what!   When we went back to see her this afternoon she is out of the o2.  Been out all afternoon.  They will put her back in overnight take her out in morning and see how she does.  He might send her HOME tomorrow evening. I thank you all for keeping her /us in your thoughts and prayers.  This is the first visit we have got to touch her for any length of time and not have to talk to her through a glass door. At least for now 

8 minutes ago, Avon Lady said:

Brenda, how big are your angels that you're stiffening?  If they aren't bigger than 12", you might try pinning them to a ceiling tile.  I buy ceiling tiles at Menard's when their corners are broken or they're loose out of their boxes.  They are inexpensive that way.  Then I pin them out on the tiles and brush them with a half and half solution of white glue and water, and let them dry.  Sometimes I have "tons" of them to stiffen, and I stack the tiles about 4 or 5 high (using long nails to separate them so the air will flow.)  That works great!  It takes quite a few straight pins, but it's worth it to get them all done at once!

Thats a good idea getting the ceiling tiles.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Mine are small.  I use pizza boxes with saran wrap on them. I pin them on and use a brush to paint the glue solution on.  I have several boxes and also stack them.  I just have the hardest  time motivating myself to do it.  Since its messy I have ro work at the kitchen table.  I can make them anywhere--especially in my recliner with TC on my lap watching tv.  

Hey Sandra a few years ago a fgm sent me a green Christmas tree ornament made from yarn.  They never signed who sent it but I sort of always thought it was you.  I put it on the tree and TC kept taking it off.  I eventually moved it up out of reach and made her one of her own.  Today I took the raggedy one I made her up to be with her.  Even though I made this one I always think of you when I see it.

Archived