Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

hello good now it's working I had a whole big post written and I lost it somehow so  was telling you about some of the things in my two boxes from my Idaho sister I go 

one of those was filled with stuff that I don't I'm sure I can't remember all of it but one little thing that I really liked was a yarn cutter pendant it's Cuts  yarn and it hangs around your neck so you don't have to worry abou  tfinding your scissors around or if you can't find them or something always wanted one of those and Stitch markers and she sent me some yarn and gosh there were dish towels in there and I don't know a myriad of stuff I collect clocks and music boxes and there was some of that in there and things she found at different places and  two things that she bought but I remember her  telling me about it when she bought them they are neat   she had gotten them at a craft fair from a lady that made them there three and a half foot tall and they have long ears what do you think they are that's right there huge bunnies that stand up like for instance in a corner of your craft room or you know I honestly don't have any Corners right now with the portable air conditioners in place but they'll be coming out soon and then maybe I can find a place fo them but they're beautiful they're dressed and and beaded  with the with beads and sequins and dressed in satin and they're just beautiful pearls and lace and she really had a good eye for detail this lady that made them  and I know my sister paid upwards of fifty bucks for them because I remember her telling me about them but I can't t do anything else with them but to put them in plastic bag right now until I can find a corner for it least one of them just s you know but that was fantastic she did a fantastic job this probably won't post very well but from the tablet but I'm going to make it a little short and sweet I'll tell you more about the goodies tomorrow I just got done yesterday I put everything in its place and that was a job in itself so but it's all put away and everything and I've I squealed with delight it on everything I pulled out so I was quite happy it made my week I was having kind of a depressing week with all this rainy and gloomy weather but today the sun came out for about half a day tomorrow it's going to be a nice day so good for us I hope everybody has a good weekend I'll talk to you again tomorrow bye for now

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Carol I hope you get some rest you're going to be beat by the time you get home they were fun to make and they all three turned out just really beyond my expectations I figured why I would have trouble with at least one of them but I really didn't I just cruised right into them one after the other and off their done I don't have very many 8-inch left I saved enough for anybody that needs them for a birthday thing and I've got a few 6 inches yet that I'm I put aside so I'll just make more if I have to make something else you know not a problem got to keep busy to keep going all for now talk to you later thanks again bye:yay

good afternoon

rainy on and off,and oh boy humid,can't wait for our Fall temps to come back,and stay wee can see warm temps sometimes in Dec.

washing and ironing day,have a wonderful afternoon and evening

hi linda  

nice mild sunshiny day here as was promised before More  rain tomorrow   lol

here is something i learned  we do have spellcheck here my oh my i thought it was gone forever and i am probably the last to know about it ,

even though i asked a while back lol but that's ok got it now at  least on the laptop lol  

Learn something every day huh no matter how we try  to avoid that 

lol  

well breakfast was a bit of grape nuts with fake sugar and  lunch was a bowl of chicken noodle soup as i am just not in the mood to eat much today lol i hope  i'm better by supper but i dunno i have days that i just dont feel hungry  figure thats ok as long as its not too often lol handy is outside sawing something  said something about rebuilding the steps out by the shed  it is on a concrete   base so a couple steps up is all  There is a short ramp on the other side if ya have to wheel something in or out    SO that is taking his time a bit today but other than that we have no plans unless the kids pop by   so all for now back to work  i guess already got a load in did what dishes there  were oh and cleaned out the fridge too looks good now  found an apple in there might have that after while still looks good we'll see  lol  all for now have a good one all!!:manyheart  

We had a long exhausting day yesterday with the bonsai society's exhibit at a Japan Festival held at one of the junior colleges.  There were lots of people with lots of questions.  It was good to sit down for supper with the group at a little mom and pop Chinese restaurant nearby.  The daughter remembers our group and what we usually order even though its been a year since we were there.  We used to run over there once in awhile after meetings but the group just hasnt felt like driving that far.

We go back to the vet tomorrow for annual shots.  Dont know if teeth will be cleaned as TC is breathing hard again.  Seems like it took days for this last shot to help and then it only seemed to help for a day or two.  Guess we will see what they say.  We may end up taking her in to the vet that took care of my sister's and niece's cats. We have already checked with the office and dont need an appointment.  Its just a long drive and TC stresses riding in the car.

It's getting harder and harder for me to get on alone post. I hope everyone is doing good and all is well.

Can't believe we are in October already.  It's flying by fast. But 2017 wasn't my year. Hoping to end the year way better.

Good Morning.  Another hot and humid day.  Geeze when is fall going to get here?

Love the afghan Katy.  They are so pretty.

Nothing much going on today.  Hope to get a couple of packages ready to go out tomorrow. Finishing up a turkey and then on to some angels.

Have a fun day.

Oh Brenda, I had a great day yesterday.  Eagles won, Cowboys lost and KC is 5 and 0.  Way to go.

Sandra how is the browns and grey ghan going is it done now?? 

hi all  no rain so far here but still forecast i think   

'Brenda so sorry about little tc and her probs hope she can get back to good health soon 

all cats hate car riding so she is not alone lol 

well now there are Forrest  fires in Calif  add that state to all the others seeing some kind or another catastrophic event  now 

is this getting worse   has it always been this severe or is it just that we hear about it more these days with 

instant almost tv coverage?  we have not gotten over, through, or past  the Nevada  catastrophic event  yet and are now onto fires s and snow storms      sheesh

seems every day i get up and turn on the news its another earth shattering disaster  i wonder what will come next or do i really want to know i guess enough is enough me thinks  we all need time to recoop from the last several months  i really  cant recall a worse stretch of bad things in my past for sure  are these events going to plague us far into the future or what!! oh i guess ill put away my lectern now as thiswill conclude  my lecture for today  And as you go about your day think about things  And does   any one feel bad things are getting worse and worser??Or is it just me??    

Well time to get my groove on ladies stay safe please and may all your troubles be small and manageable today and hope and or say a prayer that  Mother Earth  can heal from all her scars soon             :manyheart       

good afternoon

such a nice sentiment,Katy,we really could use some good news.

Fri. the Canadians will be here,should be an interesting weekend,she has been telling the front desk that her room-mate is her step sister,emphasis on step

well,going to paint some rocks this afternoon,have a good afternoon everyone

oowe just lost power for say about 15 minures  i was just on the last segment of my audio book and didnt really notce as the laptop seamlessly  automatically went to battery resource and the transition was smooth as glass as i didnt really know  i did lose my lamp 

lamp though and handy hollered back to me but that is all i noticed  i thought my bulb simply went out   anyway i  got to finish that audio book anyway  

so linda  the fun starts on friday huh  are these relatives on your side or mother in laws side and if so i hope she gets to visit with them too  i hope she is continuing to do well and staying healthy    thats about all i got i guess lol sometimes i can go on and on and those are the posts i lose it seems  lol trying to tell me something ville??  other times sll the news is gone from my head lol  

Hi,

I have been trying all day to get on and hopefully I am on now for a Tilley bit.

Sorry Katy nope haven't finished the gray and brown afghan. I still need blocks but with so much going on here and not in a good way I haven't been able to get to it. It's right in front of me and I need to purchase gray. There has been none at my local Walmart. So I have been waiting on that.

Hi everybody good to see everybody up rise and shine on such a glorious Tuesday morning it's raining here today but that's okay we can do another day of rain I guess since we don't really have a choice in the matter although I have entertained the thought that maybe the weather is being messed with by some outside force other than having you know so I don't know I hear there's a movie coming out now about that but I thought of it first I just for the record it's called Geo Storm and I think it it's some forces not the United States that are trying to mess with our weather I just I really don't know I don't have an explanation for any of the weather lately or any of the catastrophes are disasters the fires you know I just I'm at a loss to tell you the truth I worry about it a lot but what can you do other than that nothing much going on here I guess I'll stay either in my room in my craft room today and try to find something to do or make or I don't know I'm waiting kind of to hear about f the people at the youth center at Pine Ridge got my crrayon Keepers I don't expect a thank you much or anything I just wanted to know if they received him I have the tracking numbers I guess I could do it that way Maxi is right here with me and he wants my rubber band and he can't have it but his little face is so intent on watching that rubber ban dand he is such a cute kitty such a good boy  well that is well I was just checking in I hope everybody is in good health and ready for their day and I will try and talk at you later till then take care

Linda hope everyone at your house is doing ok and that all goes well with your company.

Sandra sure wish things would get better for you.

Mary Jo glad you had a good football day and that the Chiefs are 5 and 0.  Its been a rough 5 as the have lost a major player in each one but Andy says its next man up.   

Katy anymore I feel like we are all collectively depressed, worried, worn out emotionally, or just something that I havent figured oit the term for from all the disasters.  I liked your prayer for mother earth.  

Yesterday by the time we got TC to the office she wasnt doing well.  They did a radiograph and it is asthma.  Steroid shot 10 days ago didnt help much.  They gave her another with higher dosage .  It was hard but we left her and after she was doing better they anesthetized her and cleaned her teeth.  We wouldnt have done it except she had some inflammation and wasnt liking dh brushing on one side.  They called in the afternoon and said was awake and ok and we could pick her up.  When we got there the cva said she was still groggy and was reluctant to send her so we left her over night.  I have been asking what we need to do longterm for her.  Vet said steroid shots every 2 weeks.  When I told the cva this and when she looked and saw it had only been 9 days between the last 2 she was concerned and wanted to talk to the vet.  We picked TC up this morning and when we got her home she had an attack.  She hasnt eaten since Sun night and still not wanting to eat.  Cva wasnt in this morning yet and hopefully will call later in day.  My niece had a bronchodilator in cream form that she she was able to rub in her cat's ear when she felt it was heading for an attack and did not have to regularly take steroid shots.   

Katy I got a thank you card for the scarves I mailed.  I certainly wasnt expecting it and felt bad for them using money for postage and their time.  It was signed by and return address WHBCDC--not sure what they stand for but its Kimmies womens shelter.  I think if you send to the Highhorses and want to hear back you are supposed to send a self addressed stsmped envelope with a list of what y ou sent so they can just sign it and return.   On the squares sent to Pam I have been sending a note saying I was part of the afghan squares for PRR and my Rav id and MzKay has been pming me that Pam got them.  For w4w I enclose my email address and they send me an email.

thanks brenda for the info  i cant remember if  i put  in a sase or not lol    how is little tc doing any improvements ?? its ok dandra i kno you have had full handa  just wondered if that charcoal grey would work or is it too dark for your ghan  n0 problem  ill have it for a while im sure lol  these latest 3 boxea went to kimmie ckauson at the youth center so hoping they arrive by now tomorrow i may run the tracking numbers and find out lol  

well all for now more later     i found some things i want to send to the hightowers for distribution as well that is yet another pine ridge cause  some towel toppers some finger less gloves some facial scrubs headbands bookmarks and  odds and ends you know    i have their address as well and will try to include a packing slip and a sase with this next box once its full  found a few skeins too of homespun and or  /light and lofty that i will try to make up in scarves in time for a Nov mail out box lol  i  that and some dishcloths i think   I didnt do the elder shoebox but sending enough stuff this next time to make up a few i think  or to distribute as they see fit  ok gotta go back later    

Sis called me with the name of the compound they used.  She called the pharmacy.  Its a bronchodilater--aminophyllin.  They got it initially in pill form and it was horrible giving it so their vet basically has the pharmacy crush the tabs and dissolve it in a cream/lotion so it can be measured out with a syringe and rubbed in the ear.  I called and gave the info to the cva.  She like me is concerned that with last two steroid shots so close together and increased dose on the second one that TC is still breathing so hard( asthma attack) She is going to do some checking and get back with me thurs as she is off tomorrow. TC isnt moving around much so I brought water in to her and she did drink some so hopefully she wont get dehydrated.  When I went to go get some of her fav wet food she hopped off the sofa to drink more water.  She wouldnt eat it either.  We gave her dry food first because she seems to prefer it.  She hasnt eaten since Sun night. The thing is when she gets to the point that she has the episodes when she breathes that hard she wont eat and steroids tend to cause you overeat because you always feel hungry. 

o man that is not good cats are so small it doesn't take long to get seriously ill once they quit esating i am worried about her and you guys too  i will say another prayer for you all  i used to almost spoon feed baby food to mine when they wouldn't eat get some beef or i dunno what they have now but mine didn't like the pork only the beef  least maybe you can strengthen her a tiny bit perhaps.. i dont want to wait till thurs maybe take her some where else shoot i dunno brenda im just wracking my brain and wringing my hands too        

mine also got fluids by injection a couple of times its another office visit i guess but easy for them   and mde a big diff in the two i had to have that on  too  and that way their organs will  function better    dehydration is a serios illness for their organs   

Good Morning.  Another HOT and HUMID day.  When is this going to stop?????

I do have to call the tree people again.  They have to have a crew open to do other than emergency work.  I am going to lose more than the tree if this goes any longer.  I also have an armadillo or something that is digging a big hole under the hawthorns.

I have finished my pilgrims and turkey..  I am hoping to pick up my hooks to make some angels this week.

Hope everyone has a great day, talk later.

good morning

I'm saying the same thing,Tampa Doll, when will this heat and humidity go away,its almost mid Oct. and we are still getting 90's where we should be in the 70's,ugh

I have the house to myself,they are at an appt. across town,I'm curious about the two sisters getting together,Bill and his cousin Leslie will be at a disadvantage,if they start speaking in Hungarian,Bill knows German but was never taught Hungarian by his mom

enjoy the day

yes under the skin i remember thinking  he looked like a hump back for a day or two but it does do wonders and prevents organs from shutting down please have them try this brenda 

i dont think we  have armadillos here they are so funny looking lol  texas turtle i have heard mary jo going to look at your goodies here shortly im sure  ill love them lol    linda still walking?? company coming soon   have you dusted cleaned the fridge/ and or other things in preparation lol  

was lucky enough to get Grishams brand new audio book C amino Island  3 cds in so far lol  handy said they must have just gotten it out on the shelf  as it just came in that morning!!  

apparently i cant do much right in crochet today so set it aside lol  i think whomever out there that can work with light and lofty are welcome to this!! Its thick and this particular color is too dark for me to work with  even with my new readers!!  lol  might be good for looming if you loom as i havent for a long time so speak up and its yours  i even tried a q hook and a p hook and i just screw it up so be gone light and lofty lol  

thats all brenda hope we hear good news about tc soon keep us in the loop ok  good luck and take care to all  till later   

Katy we took her to vet this morning that my sis and niece used.  Its a 40 mile one way trip.   I had the receipts listing what all she had been given at the other place. I wanted them to see how much steroids she had been given in such a short time.  They had the lung radiographs done at the other vet on  Mon emailed there and this vet showed them to us.  I feel so bad/guilty because her lungs are horrible with calcification from asthma especially for just being 6. They gave her a breathing treatment, fluids, appetite stimulator sent us home with albuterol liquid to give her until we get her inhaler from cvs.  Have to order the chamber with the face part for cats online. Going ahead and changing litter to Yesterday's News as dust and scents from litter can be a major trigger.  This is recycled newspaper pellets.This vet did not like all the steroid shots either  but said might need low dose orally at some point. Had to wait for another vet to bring nebulizing machine in as she uses it herself. (Gosh if we had only known we could have given them the ones dad had.) They hook it to a tote to make a chamber to put the cat in.  She weighed 7.8 lbs in Aug.and has lost at least a pound since then.  She was so much more active and vocal on the ride home.  The vet said it might take until this evening for her to eat as she still doesnt want food.  

yes under the skin i remember thinking  he looked like a hump back for a day or two but it does do wonders and prevents organs from shutting down please have them try this brenda 

i dont think we  have armadillos here they are so funny looking lol  texas turtle i have heard mary jo going to look at your goodies here shortly im sure  ill love them lol    linda still walking?? company coming soon   have you dusted cleaned the fridge/ and or other things in preparation lol  

was lucky enough to get Grishams brand new audio book C amino Island  3 cds in so far lol  handy said they must have just gotten it out on the shelf  as it just came in that morning!!  

apparently i cant do much right in crochet today so set it aside lol  i think whomever out there that can work with light and lofty are welcome to this!! Its thick and this particular color is too dark for me to work with  even with my new readers!!  lol  might be good for looming if you loom as i havent for a long time so speak up and its yours  i even tried a q hook and a p hook and i just screw it up so be gone light and lofty lol  

thats all brenda hope we hear good news about tc soon keep us in the loop ok  good luck and take care to all  till later   

and oh mary jo they are so darling love themm  so cute!!

Archived