Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Brenda love the stockings.

Katy, the afghan is so pretty.  Nice and bright.

Carol.  The costume is just perfect.  She will love it.

Not much going on here.  Today is wash day, so busy, busy, busy.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good morning

week three of mall exercising walking,my body s rebeling but must get around best I  can,once around is a mile,sometimes I only do half ( 1 day)

for the 2 wks I have 9 1/2 miles,need to get to the library to renew a CD,since it will be storming here tomorrow with the tropical system off of Carolina

have a good day everyone

made it back,its getting very breezy,feels good after all that heat and humidity

oh hello pineknot  thanks for the update sheesh you are doing really good walking!! good kob! i am thinking about getting a tread  thing for  walking i dont do malls  about 3 around here were at one ttime attacked by shootists one my daughter worked in  at the time but wasnt there that  day   sooo no malls for me im too chickrn  i guess  but i sure applaud your efforts lady   

i dont know what to do i have two new sets of queen sheets one i got with the bed and one someone gifted me but probably wont use them as they are both white  sheesh  i will ask my neighbor if he or maybe his mom could use them before anything else but keep forgetting to ask them lol  so there they sit on my shelf taking up room i could use lol  

made three 8 inc squares today either for puffys to folks here or to pine ridge  kept me busy lol or maybe ill put them with others and make a ghan i dunno yet  

oh found what i needed to make that of which i spoke of earlier for the kids Christmas pass-outs at pine ridge  i will order them soon and try a couple and see if they turn out like i thought they  might in my head  lol  more on that later  i think i will order a couple dozen as they are only 39 cents apiece lol  i b etter do that today before they go up huh    ok well  all for now and you all take care ok   more later  :manyheart

well really when you think of it,Katy,no place is safe,they will rob you right in your driveway that happened in our development two streets over

our mall is open to walkers an hour and a half before all the stores open,there are two or three security guys riding segways back and forth.At 10 they have a policeman patroling

for some reason there are more robberies at the Dollar Tree up on High Street

Linda thats great on your walking and its so true about no place being safe. Looking back I guess I was lucky all the hours I spent riding my bike and walking alone on a trail at a lake.   I had to give it up when I moved out here.  

Katy I am intrigued by your special project and am anxious to see it. 

good morning

the rain is here,winds will pick up later,chance of creek flooding,taking a pass on walking this a.m.the road to the mall floods everytime we have heavy rains,so maybe I'll do the zumba CD

have a wonderful day

Good morning Linda.   Sounds like a wise choice.  If I am going to be stranded somewhere I prefer it to be at home.  

Its sunny here today---not too hot, not too cold----perfect for me.  Dh on the other hand is digging out his long sleeved shirts.

Working on some 12 inchers in pretty n pink for PRR-----special request from the gal that assembles them.  This one is for a teen girl.

Our is electricity back.  It went out about 7:15 this morning and we did not get it back till 10:15.  No AC, no TV, no internet, no phone and worst of all NO COFFEE!!!!  2 transformers blew and work me up, they are so loud when they blow.  It is a big BOOM!!!

Great on the walking in the mall.  I use to do that in ours and believe me you have plenty of company.  Lots of people use the mall, as the ground is even and you have the security guards around, big plus down here is that it also has AC.

Spent the morning working on the princess afghan.  Today it is Cinderella.

Everyone have a great day.  I hope to have pictures of the tote tomorrow if it stops raining.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Our is electricity back.  It went out about 7:15 this morning and we did not get it back till 10:15.  No AC, no TV, no internet, no phone and worst of all NO COFFEE!!!!  2 transformers blew and work me up, they are so loud when they blow.  It is a big BOOM!!!

Great on the walking in the mall.  I use to do that in ours and believe me you have plenty of company.  Lots of people use the mall, as the ground is even and you have the security guards around, big plus down here is that it also has AC.

Spent the morning working on the princess afghan.  Today it is Cinderella.

Everyone have a great day.  I hope to have pictures of the tote tomorrow if it stops raining.

I wish they had the AC going early,but think it kicks on when the stores open,it quite stuffy in some areas

hi all  

yeah there is crime all over btut i ptrefer not to put myself in those kind of circumstances if and when i can avoid it   im really glad to hear they patrol it though that helps anyway  yeah i used to take ginger around the lake trail too and i was alone but there was no way she would let anyone bother me    she never hurt a soul but she was big and had a nasty growly bark to those that might approach to harm    she was a good protector    

i ordered what i needed for my pine ridge passouts for the kids and they went up  44 cents  i just looked at them the other day an they were 39 cents lol  so i ordered 2 dozen just in case i get  really ambitious lol  i think it came to a bit over 12 dollars including postage and i have yarn   soooo lol    awaiting that delivery lol

so  much tragedy out of harvey i had to quit watching about it   but i was glad to see animals and pets being brought to safety as well as the people   what a grand mess there huh  51.88 inches of rain  so far with harvey and still raining!!did  anyone say global climate changes  ??? storms seem to all be getting more severe more damaging more frequent  and lasting longer       

well all for now ill see you all later  stay outta houston   

Morning everyone!

I've been trying to catch up on all I've missed but there's too much to read.

I feel so bad for you, Katy, about the kitty but maybe you can think about adopting another one and see if Max will accept it.  I love the blanket you made and can't wait to see what you come up with for the pass outs for the kids.

Carol. the "Snow White" dress is beautiful!

Brenda- I love all your goodies!

Pineknott-that is awesome that you are getting into an exercise routine.   I certainly wish I had, after going up and down 6 flights of stairs with heavy college stuff for dd, a few days ago.  My body is still feeling it and at some point, I need to cut parents' grass later this week or early next week.  We'll see how quickly my body recuperates.

Hope everyone's day is a good one.:)

Good Morning.  Sun is out and shinning, no rain for today.

Hoping to get pictures of the tote today.

Not much going on.  In the mist of the rain yesterday, the tree guys came.  They will be here in a couple of weeks.  One more thing off my list.

Have a great day today.

Hello!

I was busy with the littlest granddaughter yesterday after work so I never made it to the Ville. I had a text message from my oldest granddaughter yesterday asking to have a removable cape added to her Snow White dress so I made a stop at Joann's yesterday for fabric. Tonight I am going to try to make the cape since I need to take it to my granddaughter tomorrow to wear on Friday night :sew:sew:sew. In case I don't get back here for a couple of days I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend.

#1 glad you popped in.  

I spent the day tagging and packing up 13 scarves and 4 hats for PRR.  While tagging the scarves I decided to crochet little flowers in different colors and added one to one end of each of the scarves since there were multiple scarves in the same colors.  That took up a good part of the day. I have them packaged and ready to go along with an envelope with 34 6 inch squares and 5 12 inch squares to go the the gal that assembles afghans for PRR.  Hopefully I will get them mailed tomorrow.  

A quick good morning,the day is getting away from me at a rapid pace

a two city library run,then going to do up some zucchini bread,thats the plan,but here things are always subject to change

oh crochet fan wow thought we had lost you darlin  so welcome back home you were missed and thought of often!!

so much houston rains and the problems it is causing huh  i know our state has sent several choppers ans airboats not to mrntion food and water  every day and some of our national guard have been there for day and  a new

group here is lloading up all sorts of supplies from many locations ariund town  to make the trip down in rented leased or owned trucks  its catastophic for sure  my heart goes out to all of them  

Tampa lovely fall tote love those colors together!!

had to make a jello poke cake today as it is handy's bday today and that is what he wanted lol  

so that is made jello-ed up and  cool whipped in the fridge for later  

says was supposed to be sunny but we had a bit of fog or mist earlier and its just cloudy and sort of hazy out  

i found out my sister has been turned away the last two times forchemo as her blood platelets are low  she doesNOT eat well and that no good "you know what "that lives there for the free ride doesnt take very good care of her as he  just thinks of himself  .. 

it will end up with her being admitted to a institution or  hospital  or something where they can contol her meds and perhaps repair her mental health   she is having a psychiatric nurse visit today as they are taking away all her old meds*( if she remembers??) where they are ) she doesnt take anymore as the docs thought she might try to od on somethingin her vast arsenol of pills  she claims she wouldnt do that but her outgoing phone message she refers to herself as dead woman walking w hich is probably why the  visiting nurse reported to her supieriors and so now the psych nurse will be at least a weekly thing  she is always saying to me things like she wants to die and i always tell her Not to talk like that to mei wont listen to that !  she needs some help but has none at home

well sorry to go on like that just frustrates me   you know      

we all have good days and bad and apparenly she has had more of the bad lately for sure  

so keep her in your prayers for me will you thanks  :manyheart

worked on some of the crochet part of the pass-outs for the children at prr today it kept me busy lol and when i get the ddelivery     then all i have to do is assemble the parts lol  and of course make a dozen or so  more lol   

now i hear about the chemical explosion in tx and they are concerned about contamination now as well  most of the nebrraska  task force one is based in Katy tx now awaiting opportunity to deliver their trucks  that is what i just heard  100 thousand homes possibly destroyed   wow  

ok well thats all i got for now little tired gonna take a break have a diet coke and relax for a bit  you all take care now  

coming out of the Dollar Store,from the corner of my eye I see someone walking with a open umbrella,only its not raining

okay on further look see,its an older oriental lady,perfectly normal,from spending two yrs in Japan,and seeing them using umbrella's to keep the sun off of them,its just what they do

So glad we are back.  We have had storms on and off since Tuesday.  One good thing is I do not have to water the grass.

Wow 3 days without the Ville or was it 4?  I did get some crocheting done and overdue e-mails answered.

Have a great Sunday.

:manyheart  YAY we are back!!Y  

i got my delivery so have finished up two dozen +  of my pass- outs for the kids donation to pine ridge!!  i may do more but id have to order more of one of the parts lol  ill picture them for you soon but have them right now in two smaller boxes with a bakers dozen (13 each) in each box  they turned out very well and the more i did the easier and faster they got to do lol  the more i did the more ways i thought of to make them different but i fought it off and except for the yarn colors they are all the same lol  im sure the kids  will really like them     ill try to add those pics tonight im not near the camera right now and expecting company soon daughter and son in lw and we"re making some home made cream of chicken noodle soup too  gonna have that with some crusty bread for lunch dinner lol  so busy busy haha  glad to be able to get back to the ville though  i more or less thought it would be monday or tuesday you know so glad its back again  have a good one everyone!!!!:ghug:manyheart:cheer        

Archived