Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wowsees that be a lotta goodies lol    love the flowers on the scarrves and what nice hats   too  nice job!  i have yet to tag my goodies to go out before well december anyway!!  lol  

nothing much going on here gloomy mostly today and boring lol  gotta find something to do soon   all for now more later  :cheer

000_0287.thumb.JPG.49297d690c0c820acf63542c37a66cc9.JPG

higuys.. well here they are, my latest effort for the kids of pine ridge... They are crayon keepers, or color pockets, or artists envelopes lol  whateer you m ight want to call them, lol i will put on the tags, Color Your World Happy!!:yes

I had enough supplies to make the 30 for now and am sending them  to Kimmie,at the youth cneter, in pine ridge  for their Christmas party for the elemetary aged kids 7 and up but her total descretion   .. they are easy to make, and fun, and no two are alike.. same color maybe but different button, lol  :yay

I thought of all sorts of ways to dress them up a bit, either with faces, or tassles, or poms or something,straps or handles etc googly eyes. hair ears whiskers  and so forth   truth is, you can work your own magic.. I thought the buttom was simple yet cute so here are a few of the ones waiting to get tagged, and boxed up  if these catch on for stocking stuffers or something, remember you saw them from me first, lol  im sure someone ou there has made something similar, but never have seen anything.. just takes  a granny square, about five or six inches, some big bright buttons,and crayons, lol  Ihave done all i can now, without re ordering the crayons.. they are portable, secure, and you could even put other things in them when the crayons are used up isuppose,

..if you sewed up the  sides something smaller might slip through but crayons arent going anywhere lol  :cheer hope you try them and if you do please let me know if you need any help or have any questions ok and do let me know if you love them lol  all for now  thanks friends!!! mostly i used the granny square traditioal  pattern  or the solid granny pattern from what i had on hand i also though post its for the elders which come in 4 by 4 size  stick a pen on it and wala   !!!:yay

Good Morning. 

Katy and Brenda love the stuff you guys are really moving along.

Haven't done much here.  I noticed there are flags and the lawn has stripes on it.  Hopefully this means the tree guys are coming soon.  I can't wait to get these trees trimmed.

Not doing much right now.  I just finished a mermaid and hope to start another doll today.

Well off to see what the world has to offer.

morning all!!  bright and sunny  temp is 48 when i got up lol seems to be warming now a bit   thanks for the comments on the crayon keepers i got them boxed abd addressed and they will probably go out next mont at the earliest!! like i alwaus say not much you cant do with a granny square huh!! would make good stockking stuffers for you with younger kids and i discovered 8 0r 12 0r 16 or 24 packs would probably fit too but you might have toi make the loop for over the buutton a couple chains longer lol  jus fyi i chained dependinding on the yarn from 6 to 8 or 9 chains for my button loops in the one free corner  lol  

glad the tree trimmers are coming mj and where do we get to see that mermaid?? lol  thanks holly and good to see you here too  

thanks lynda and is your dry spell coming to an end// lol you are missed    you are like our rooster in the ams always up before we usually are!!  

ville has been quiet huh ptobably some dont know its back up  glad to see you too sandra  how is the square situation going by now??  did the last rainbow ghan get finished?? You sure take on a lot for yourself huh  are you feeling better these days??

nothing new to report much am finally just washing those two sets of sheets i was goibg to find a home for  i opened their plastic cases and they are very nice sheets both sets  so soft one is 450 ct and the other is cotton/bamboo and soft as silk  only prob is they are white lol  the bamboo set had a retail tag on it for 199.00   but it came with 4 puillow cases  no price on the 450 thread ct set but alas it only contained 2 pillow cases lol  so ui will give it a try next time i re make the bed with clean sheets prob ib the next couple of days as my new comforter set is coming on the 8th  new bed ' new stuff for it lol  went with blue and got the drapes to match shoiuld look nice  was kinda tired of the comforter on the bed and my winter one is still bagged in the back of the car waiting for handy to run it through the big washers at the laundromat lol  last i had it on i was sick so germs on it no doubt so wont use it again till it is clean and fresh besides it is so heavy but warm one doesnt want to see it even in the heat of summer but once clean i will store it in a bin and next time i want or need it there it be clean and fresh the one i have on its way came from jc penneys and it is a med weight one summer or winter which will save me from switching over at seasons change    ok  well that said  not much else here  daughter was suppsed to come and do my nails sometime soon she has all ther manicure stuff the salons have but im not sure i want acrylics cos its sometimes hard  enough for me to just type with my own nails lol  she got  tired of paying 100 bucks so went out and got all the manicuring supplies to do hers and whomevers  lol  i really have never had fake acrylics so not too sure but she says they can be short too sso i dunno      thought our neighbor would want those sheets turns out thry have no queen beds over there but his x wife mary does but he didnt want to give them to her lol  ok so ill try them they both sure are silky soft but like i said  white lol  oh well long as they wash nicely i guess huh so tata for now and keep smiling as even when you dont feel like it as  it tricks your brain into thinking happy      little known fact   :manyheartlater gang stay outta trouble girls    eli's coming        got that song in my head    lol  

Mary Jo the mermaid is adorable.

Katy those do sound like really nice sheets even if they are white.  The new blue comforter and drapes will be pretty.  My sister found my last comforter on clearance at Penney's.  I use it in the winter as it is really thick and polyester.  It's sort of slick and slides really bad.  I kept my old cotton one and use it in summer because I get too hot under the other one (and really like it better-----wish it was new again).  

We mowed on Sun so I was really dragging yesterday with my allergies.  I was really glad when dh said he didn't feel like going to Powell Gardens like he had planned.  It was sort of hot and humid too.  We just ran the errands we were going to run.  Got TC a new carrier as the hand me down soft one had deteriorated.  We went with the hard one but may have to exchange it.  Its incredible how big a little cat can be when trying to get it through that front opening.  Yes just imagine all 4 legs sprawled out in that big X so as not to go in that  hole.  I have been putting treats in there so she goes in it after them.  

Hello.

I'm back from my wonderful long weekend with family. But now I have to get ready for a visit from Irma. We will have school tomorrow but the decision has already been made to close schools on Thursday and Friday so tomorrow I will be covering electronics in my classroom with plastic. My dad started putting up shutters and plywood on the windows today. Of course I made sure I have lots of yarn to keep me busy along with some sewing projects. That's the update on corner of the world. I hope everyone has a great evening.

Hi Carol, yeah we are all watching Irma.  Could go up the East Coast, could go up the Middle of the state and could come into the Gulf  I know they were tell the Keys to evacuate now. 

Glad to hear you will have enough yarn to keep you company.:rofl

On 9/3/2017 at 7:10 PM, bgs said:

These are this weeks stockings.20170903_104251.thumb.jpg.8e2e5c2fd0bc331cf5b6d6035bdfb20d.jpg

Mailed these scarves and hats that I made last winter to PRR.  I did add a flower to one end of each scarf since there are multiples of the same color.  20170830_141106.thumb.jpg.5296dbc3488687749d1c93cc3d24a069.jpg20170830_141524.thumb.jpg.f180f788644e4f4ab86bc3cabaeb1eb4.jpg

I was just looking at those hats you made. They are very nice so are the scarfs & all those little stockings:).

I am not very good with making "things" for a boys or do I have any good ideas what to make for them? LOL. I thought that kind of hat would be good for a boy & fast to make. Is it possible to get a link to that pattern?.

Yes, I could make that without  pattern but there probably would have to be some frogging done before that hat would be finished LOL. With a good pattern everything goes faster.

Thanks,

Krys 

23 hours ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo the mermaid is adorable.

Katy those do sound like really nice sheets even if they are white.  The new blue comforter and drapes will be pretty.  My sister found my last comforter on clearance at Penney's.  I use it in the winter as it is really thick and polyester.  It's sort of slick and slides really bad.  I kept my old cotton one and use it in summer because I get too hot under the other one (and really like it better-----wish it was new again).  

We mowed on Sun so I was really dragging yesterday with my allergies.  I was really glad when dh said he didn't feel like going to Powell Gardens like he had planned.  It was sort of hot and humid too.  We just ran the errands we were going to run.  Got TC a new carrier as the hand me down soft one had deteriorated.  We went with the hard one but may have to exchange it.  Its incredible how big a little cat can be when trying to get it through that front opening.  Yes just imagine all 4 legs sprawled out in that big X so as not to go in that  hole.  I have been putting treats in there so she goes in it after them.  

aww yes i do know  handy put a soft brby receiving blanket that i was keeping for window washing over her and her feet and legs were way more controlled and it falls off easily once they are in   Is TC  sick?? or just check up time  W e have the hard carrier too we  had several but gave the biggest away( used it when ginge was a puppy kennel up ginge lol only when we were awy when she was small though and later on just left the door open and say nigt night and she would go in and nap lol   and kept the smaller one for the cats and daughter has the other one but has since gotten a soft large one for Pixel her cat child lol    less cumbersomebut since   handy usually does most of the dirty work so this one is fine  i just cant have the cats hate me so i dont do it lol  Max wont probably ever be easy to get in again as he hates it and is so big nnow  the one and only time was for nuetring and shots when he was six months old  but he remembers   i think     

yes its here and it looks so nice on my bed   i dont have the bed skirt on yet cos it takes two and handy isnt here but i got it on tthe bed and three pretty matching bed pillows plus a contrasting neck roll pillow shams and thn the drapes will top it out  looks good i already put my other comforer away lol  so i spent a lot of time thinking about what i wanted in there when i was confined to bed so finally found something i liked after lookin in umpteen places and a million pix lol till i landed on this clicked on checkeout and ordered lol now i ccan hardly wait for the drapes lol   here is sort of a close up on the plasric bag it all came in   it looks more blue in person and that is more tan than grey in the lighter places and i do really like it matches what i have in walls and carpet and dec too  lol  i am looking for a garland in light blue for the window as i think the red roses i have now are best left to the other bed comforter  as  the other one actually has rose/burgundy in it lol   well all for now graciuos this is the first time in a long while that i have had new bedding   well new bed needs new bedding right lol   all for now   Color me happy!!  oh and that long pillow and case is not included  it is only in this pic on the bag  only it is in this pic i guess  its ok i dont like it anyway lol  too big       

download.pngbed comforter.png

7 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I was just looking at those hats you made. They are very nice so are the scarfs & all those little stockings:).

I am not very good with making "things" for a boys or do I have any good ideas what to make for them? LOL. I thought that kind of hat would be good for a boy & fast to make. Is it possible to get a link to that pattern?.

Yes, I could make that without  pattern but there probably would have to be some frogging done before that hat would be finished LOL. With a good pattern everything goes faster.

Thanks,

Krys 

Krys this is the pattern for the hats.

http://www.jjcrochet.com/blog/mens-free-crochet-hat-pattern/.  

Archived