Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Well, got an unexpected lunch out... We got a call from MIL sayin they were running late and would be at the restaurant in 20 min. Neither dh or I had talked to either of them this week about lunch today, MIL is undergoing chemo so we don't usually make plans. She must have thought she had talked to us... we just rolled with it and scrambled to get there... Now I am too tired to do much but sit... you know after you eat a big meal in the middle of the day.... I need to finish up a dishcloth and crochet a small owl tonight... but that might require a nap first LOL

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all lunch out is always good. I had some leftovers today but it filled me up anyway having burgers on the grill tonight. Just us as the kids are in iowa at a wedding but she did say they are working on my desk top this weekend. So a couple more days hope is all i have to wait now maybe.

i decied if something bad is wrong and it is not too costky i will have them fix it. But if is something more costly i may just have to keep using this but I will then get a keyboard stand and case then. And wait till i can replace it in a couple months or so. IT is not' on the budget

For this month though. . I looked at the online at best Buy and also walmart so I am prepared. Lol

THe sun came out after a little fluff up of rained spit and spattered the deck. Its a bit humid now but

Nothing much to worry about at least the sun thought so-anyway!!

That was a classic case up there of hitting post too soom. Mid sentence i think oh well.

My wawter is hard here so the shower tub . We use most could use another wipe down. Ihate the hard water. BUt have had water softtners In other houses

And d i don t' care for the slimey sort of soapy feeling water from that either you know!! Caught in the middle I am!!

Oh well right.

Well all for now ill check in later. Enjoy your day.

Just as an FYI check QVC for a lap top.  They at times have them pretty reasonable.  With mine I also got lifetime tech support.  That came with the lap top.  I have both a Del inspirion 17R with Intel and a Dell with ADMA :shrug .  They are both very good laptops and if I remember the price was pretty reasonable.

Just another idea for a new lap top if yours is to expensive to fix.

I am sitting here looking out at the pool and twice now I have had to go out and scoop a chameleon out of the pool.  The last time I told him, next time you will stay and drown moron.  

Ok now I am talking to lizards. :ohdear  

Good Morning!

Tampa Doll, I thought talking to lizards was part of living in Florida, I chase them out of my classroom all the time and occasionally they get in the house too.

No real plans for today, just hanging out with my grandkids. 

Good Morning. 

Yeah talking to lizards is part of living here.  I do find them in the house and when they run and hide I just tell them if they do not leave, they will die.

Hopefully today I will get the pictures of the tote and move back to the dress or move to something else I need to do.

I am also going to pack up the afghan and dog to go to my BIL. 

Hope everyone has a nice quite day.

GOod morning e everybody i slept like a rock till abot 8 this am and am enjoying my morning diet coke lol.

BUt it was promised to be , at least for a good part of the day a bright and suuny one and it is so far. Im pleased! I dont know if any members on the ville are loacted in the state of Alaska but I could never live there when the dark months come i guess they get used to it but dont t think I could function beary well and oh yes that reminds of another reason too THe Bears. FOrgive the pun!

NOt my favorite animal to run into on the way to the outhouse if you know what I mean!! How bout it anyone among us spent time in the Great and Pristine state of Our Northern state of Alaska???

IT is a beautiiful state but not for me for the reasons mentioned above and oh and the snow ice and cold too. Lol!

I have to admit my great concern, fear and desire to avoid bears in any shape or form,

Well i think it had to stem from that movie The Edge. On second thought maybe it was more of a confirmation of my hate, fear, and otherwise in any way non-Fondness of them HAHAHA

GEnerally, i have a great dislike of any animal that could eat me i dunno, guess its a repressed suvival instinct!!

HEy I had a teddy bear when i was little that i took to bed every night HONEST!!

Well, guess that was a daily random thought so I,m good to go and get my day on. HOpe where you are you are spending time with family and friends and also a thought or two of thanks to our fighting forces past, and present. ENjoy the day as it has been my experience for those that work , Tuesday is gonna be a female dog for sure. PLaying catch up all day! Done that, been there, wrote the book!!

Ta ta for now!!

LIzards quite harmless i,am sure but do not

, care for them or their couisins and relatives much Lol I guess here we just have thing s like deer and some rabbits and squirrels raccoons and skunks and coyotees and fox and nothing really large or dangerous enough to kill and eat me!! I ALMOST . She says tentalivly , feel for that poor little guy in your pool Thank you for saving him!!

NOw bugs let them die all of them from flies to tarantulas and spiders of all sorts too my opinion lol. Ok nuff said im outta here!MUah!

Just as an FYI check QVC for a lap top.  They at times have them pretty reasonable.  With mine I also got lifetime tech support.  That came with the lap top.  I have both a Del inspirion 17R with Intel and a Dell with ADMA :shrug .  They are both very good laptops and if I remember the price was pretty reasonable.

Just another idea for a new lap top if yours is to expensive to fix.

I am sitting here looking out at the pool and twice now I have had to go out and scoop a chameleon out of the pool.  The last time I told him, next time you will stay and drown moron.  

Ok now I am talking to lizards. :ohdear  

Yes i like hp laptops i remember the first lap tops out. SO prone to go bad n such a short timr and now they are made so much better. Thanks for the tip!!

Wow katy just WOW!! I am with you on most bugs. But no fear on the bigger animals. Remember even the smallest bugs can be deadly not mentioning deadly trees and plants. A snake to me is a good snake is a dead snake. That's my saying.Lizards are like iguana's to me and I had a wonderful Iguana named Betsy and Iggy.

Good afternoon

Bears,here they are about a mile and a half away,they live in the woods just flush by an interstate ramp.

One day when we approached the ramp,I thought I was seeing a large dog climbing  over the guardrail,ummm nope it was a baby bear,One year was really something,when they kept crossing the interstate,during mating season which starts in June.

Back in Hawaii,they had the creepiest gecko's,almost transluecent and with bulging eyes.My biggest fear over there was the centipedes,big if they were in the sink ( standard side by side sink) they easily reached side to side

What wow sandra haha bugs in any form not good lol

Had a minor trip to the store as i thought i should have something easy but filing in the house in case the kids come over tomorrow. So i decided on nachos and a large tossed should be good so i got the fixins!

and i think i will make sloppy joes tonight easy and quick!!

THat way their nachos (Daughters) can be meat free but ours will have crumbled hamburger on them lol. To each his or her own!

SOn in law is not vegetarian and will pretty much eat whatever we have! Daughter is the picky one lol

Oh well that is about all for me are you all bbq ing today?? We used the last of the prophane tank the other day and havent gotten it filled yet sooo. No grilling kind of poor planning on our part!

Ok im off for a bit

36 hours without rain. Dh mowed dads yard yesterday and caught ours up today except for the boggy places. We occasionally have bear sitings but it is more common on south of here. One niece loved catching the little striped blue tailed lizards when she was little. She graduated from college a couple of weeks ago with a wildlife conservation management degree. Last year she sent a photo where she was holding a pretty large rattlesnake. She was working at a wildlife area and they were catching them to measure them and check them out.

Good Morning

Up very early this morning, the paper is picked up and the flags are out.  Another hot and humid day here.

Back to working on the doll dress and I decided to use the color blue.  Not lt. blue or baby blue, just blue.

Hope everyone has a nice day today and in-between the hot dogs and hamburgers, corn and steaks, remember those who have give the ultimate sacrifice, so that you can do so.

Good Morning.

I'm enjoying my coffee and computer while my grandson is eating breakfast and watching tv, everyone else is still sleeping. I'll be heading toward home at about 11:30 or 12:00 with a stop at my other daughter's house for some BBQ. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.

We have made it 2 days with no rain. Nothing special going on with us today. Just whatever chores we can get done. The only grilling that ever happens here is in the house on the electric grill.

.. Memorial Day makes me so sad,  I am forcing myself to do things today... My son lost 5 buddies in a month in Iraq, he was wounded... and hasn't recovered... so this day reminds me of all the pain of that year ( 2008)... and it also reminds me that I probably will never have my son back...

Enough of my pity party....

Had a chance to meet Sandra for dinner which would have been fun, but her gs is sick and MIL has her final chemo on Tuesday and then her appt for her surgery on Friday...

..and speaking of bears..... I thought I would show you a picture of  what my son found behind his house ( he lives about 8 miles from me)

Those babies have claws!post-497-0-73775400-1464636536_thumb.jpg

Katy I always liked that song.

Lea thank you and your son for his service. I am sorry for the sacrifice your family has made. Its a debt I cant repay. That is pretty neat that you and Sandra meet up once in a while. And such a cute photo. Guess momma's not looking for it? And what happens when it grows up?

I got a surprise package birthday today, Cant believe the po delivers packages on a holiday. A big thank you Mary Jo for the bonsai tree necklace. Its so cool.

post-11309-0-06787900-1464640854_thumb.jpg

Archived