What are your WIPs/UFOs?

What are you currently working on (Works in progress) or what do you have laying around unfinished (Unfinished Objects)?

I have 2 WIP right now, a rabbit CAL on my fb group, and a shawl that I've been working on for months now (on and off). I'm going to be starting a Darth Vader blankie today or tomorrow as well.

As for UFOs...

- CAL2015 blanket (I have like 3 weeks to go, if I do indeed decide to not do all weeks)

- Nativity scene (Sheep, shepherd, 3 wise men, camels to go)

- My favorite old stuffed dog that I was replicating in crochet

- Loom knit hat (I was making it with my husband, and we both got discouraged after a while)

- Knit scarf (to be honest, I don't think I'll ever finish that)

I have a couple of WIPs.  I'm making baby items for both my future grandson and for someone my mom knows.

UFO's

Bunny that is pink.  I stopped when I found out my new grandchild is going to be a boy.  My granddaughter doesn't like pink.

A couple of cross-stitch projects..

- Monopoly Board that has the middle, all of the square outlined and over 3/4 squares done.  I started it almost 30 years ago.  LOL

- A cat picture (100 cats + a mouse).  I'm on a cat that I don't like the colors.  As soon as I get past that one darned cat, I can get rolling again.

I just finished 4 UFOs this week--they were all prayer shawls for our local Hospice.  I think I have seen several UFOs lurking around in a bag here, a box there...but I'm getting itchy to make myself an afghan!  So-o-o-o...we'll see!

I have several WIPs: some granny squares, an ABC blanket, a basket.

Lots of UFOs too:

a fall colored bag

a shawl

an afghan that needs to be put together

a purse to put together and felt

some toys

some Christmas trees to finish a garland

a counting fish game

And of course, lots of planned projects not yet started, but the yarn sitting there waiting.

Seems like I've been taking a mental break from crochet since Christmas. I've been sort of distracted with the Hubster's illness and can't seem to make up my mind. I know what I want to make next (stash buster afghan squares ) but as of last night I frogged 3 different patterns after completing the squares. They weren't what I had in my minds eye. Midnight last night, I may have found what I had in mind. Yay!- ETA: Didn't work so- scratch the squares.

UFO's:

2 dishcloths for my stash; one's Tunisian (projects in truck- going back and forth to town) finished

Purple afghan- stash buster

doily (from last year)

hat and scarf set finished

size 3 thread shawl

7 embroidered dishtowels (4 finished)

Machine patch quilt for toddler

Future:

Afghan for bedroom

Flannelghan for grandson

Cotton Stash Busting: Finished- 2 potholders, 2 hotpad,s 2 placemats,

Doesn't sound like much, but, when I look at the list....(moaning here) I best get moving on this.

My big HUGE UFO is the Harmony blanket, but when we moved my mother in I accidentally packed the yarn to finish it and sent it off to storage... soooo.. either I go dig through storage or order more.....

WIP: 1 hat

2 ice cream cone toys

1 dish cloth

a major cross stitch pattern

Let's see...

1) I started a temperature blanket, but that's a year long project. I am up to date on it.

2) Sweater for hubby.

3) Ariel the Little Mermaid doll

4) Pillow to go with my Sophie's Garden from last year.

I think that's all I have going right now... maybe?

:dayThanks for posting this I was just asking myself today " Am I the only person with UFO's or WIP's just taking up space or half done....."

Here are mine I don't feel so bad now...

1-Dog Sweater-finished today
2-Ripple Baby Blanket half done-ran out of yarn just picked up more to complete it
3-Gag gifts-one done need to make 3 more
4-Cell Phone case-for me-finished today
5-Water bottle cozy-finished today

***needed to start today for use this weekend @ work after I finished the dog sweater & 4 loaves of banana bread....

My WIP is a white/light gray, white/black granny square afghan. I have 2/70 squares made.

I have one thread UFO for a floral table runner. All the motifs are made but it needs to be joined together. I'm not sure I will ever finish this one. I think thread projects are too fine for me to work with since my stroke. Then again, there was a time I thought I wouldn't be able to crochet again but I am. Never say never...

My other UFO is the Cathedral Rose Window Afghan that I started about 10 years ago. I was trying to stash bust but then worried I wouldn't have enough of the variegated yarn so I decided to start over completely with complimentary colors added. The problem was I wasn't satisfied with the carried yarn peeping through. Debating starting over again...third time's the charm!?  :lol

I have a few.

Current;

2 cats for an order

1 weenie dog for an order

UFOS

Mine craft my little pony

Minecraft ender man

Minecraft creeper afghan going to be pillow case now

Tapeworm

A couple of other odds and ends

I have lots and lots of things to start on, but just as I get an order complete, I get another one! Not complaining as we have really been able to use the extra money.

Let's see...

1) I started a temperature blanket, but that's a year long project. I am up to date on it.

2) Sweater for hubby.

4) Pillow to go with my Sophie's Garden from last year.

The sweater is finished!

What are you currently working on (Works in progress) or what do you have laying around unfinished (Unfinished Objects)?

I have 2 WIP right now, a rabbit CAL on my fb group, and a shawl that I've been working on for months now (on and off). I'm going to be starting a Darth Vader blankie today or tomorrow as well.

As for UFOs...

- CAL2015 blanket (I have like 3 weeks to go, if I do indeed decide to not do all weeks)

- Nativity scene (Sheep, shepherd, 3 wise men, camels to go)

- My favorite old stuffed dog that I was replicating in crochet

- Loom knit hat (I was making it with my husband, and we both got discouraged after a while)

- Knit scarf (to be honest, I don't think I'll ever finish that)

The UFOs are still the same, although I worked some on the knit scarf.

As for WIP:

-zebra in white and pink

- pink shawl

- loom knit baby blanket

- rabbit CAL from my fb group

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one!

Right now, I have my temperature afghan for 2016 underway, I need to catch up on line 5 days worth.

Dragon Fly baby blanket in purples & Aran.

I've been doing good with only having a couple WIP's in the works!

I only have one WIP: a striped afghan for my brother and sister-in-law.

I have several unfinished objects that are likely to remain that way:  an angel granny square afghan, a purple afghan, two baby blankets (a pet's toenail pulled the thread on one :(), a series of finished granny squares that may or may not ever be sewn together, and yet another granny in green and off-white.

I have about 5 more projects I'm hoping to get done this year.

I am working on a wrap style shawl, I'm probably a third done. I also need to finish what I call a 'book' jacket (play on words). It's a long shawl type rectangle that you wrap around your back, then the long sides are sewn up into sleeves. I made it for when I'm in bed reading and my arms get cold!

I am working on a wrap style shawl, I'm probably a third done. I also need to finish what I call a 'book' jacket (play on words). It's a long shawl type rectangle that you wrap around your back, then the long sides are sewn up into sleeves. I made it for when I'm in bed reading and my arms get cold!

I need one of those! My arms are always cold when I am laying in bed...

You know black/white and light gray/white granny square afghan I mentioned? I forgot to tell you that I only had one skein each of the black, white, and light gray as the yarn was originally intended for a different afghan. I thought it'd be no problem to find those shades because most stores carry Red Heart. Problem was trying to find the light gray (which I love). I went to Walmart first because that's where I got the yarn originally (I think). They had the two skeins of white I needed but only one skein of black and no light gray. So I figured I'd go a few doors down to Hobby Lobby and check there. I didn't realize that Hobby Lobby no longer carries Red Heart. They had all the colors I need in their I Love This Yarn brand but I wanted to try to stick to Red Heart because there is a different feeling between the brands. So across the street to Joann Fabrics I go. They had the black but no light gray. I decide to travel 15 miles to try my luck at Michaels. They had the black but no light gray. At this point I'm tired of this crazy yarn mission and decide to purchase the black and a different brands gray, which is darker but I don't care anymore.

The weekend before this shopping expedition I started another afghan project because I was antsy without something to work on. I picked Red Heart's Cabin Chic Chevron throw because it calls for two colors and is exactly the amount of yarn I was trying to use from a Cleveland Browns afghan I'd originally bought the brown and orange for. Actually, that's where the black, white and light gray came from for the above mentioned project. Frankly, I am heartily sick of brown and orange. I will be glad when this stash busting project is done! Grr!!

Let's see...

2) Sweater for hubby. - DONE

4) Pillow to go with my Sophie's Garden from last year. - DONE

5. Harry Potter c2c

Startigerlily, on 16 Feb 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:Startigerlily, on 16 Feb 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

You know black/white and light gray/white granny square afghan I mentioned? I forgot to tell you............................

How frustrating! Sounds like when I go on a yarn color quest. I too have a difficult time finding soft greys then usually wind up ordering it online thus, paying more. Such is the happenings of a fiber artist. :)

First of all I need to ask what is UFO?. I know what WIP is:)

My WIP and..:

1) My second Bernat Baby Blanket is finished. I might add extra edging? I am not sure. I better make sure soon, I need to get that ready by the end of this months. Baby girl is coming to this world on March 13:).

2) 3 baby hats I just need to attach the flowers (flowers are ready too).

3) Smaller baby blanket is finished I just need to weave the ends. Maybe I will add some flowers to the corner of that blankie.

4) Girly Monster Buddy, soft toy. I am working on that. I am more than 50% done. That toy will be matching to that smaller blanket like a set:). I know new born babies do not play with anything, they just cry, eat & sleep! LOL. But I think for now that will be a nice decoration for her room. When she gets little older she will play with that:).

5) Monkey Lovey - finished. It is going to a boy, he is about 1,5 year old.

6) 2 hats for kids 5&7 years old. One finished, the other one is almost finished I just need to embroider the mouth and attach tie strings. It is a "Minion" ear flap hat.

I should be finished with all of that above this week. After that I will start working on Easter stuff.  I love Easter stuff!:). I have a pattern for a very nice Bunny Lovey. I will make that for that baby girl. I already got a yarn for that:). I do have a picture of a very nice Amigurumi Duck. I will make him too:).

Happy crocheting!:)

Krys

Archived