Pastel Stripe V-St

ReniC

When I found out about 2+ weeks ago my SIL had to have another hip surgery, I got busy making this for her to be waiting for when she gets out of the residence PT Rehab center.

Crocheted from my stash using Red Heart Love- white, Lion Brand Pound of Love pastels and the Grey is RHSS, 3 repeats of the color sequence except the white on each end. I used a J hook which made it 56"x60". I used the look from a baby afghan I saw recently on Pinterest. I'm happy to say it worked up quickly with the V-St and will be in Monday's mail heading for NYC. Hope she likes it.

post-17452-0-88116700-1440832231_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-74150100-1440832265_thumb.jpg

Oh how pretty! I think your SIL will love it! Even though it's around 85 degrees (and higher) right now, I'll bet she gives it a try out wrap up for a couple minutes because it looks so cuddly!!!

Your SIL has probably been through a lot of pain and surgical trauma, and seeing this beautiful gift will bring her some joy. It's so thoughtful of you to make such a pretty and useful gift for her. I'd love to see her face when she opens it!

Hi gang! Thank you all for the lovely comments on the afghan. It's kind of you to take the time to look and write.

I told the Hubster when I finished the afghan the other day that I didn't want to see a V-st pattern for awhile, looked for a new project and lo & behold.....found a WIP buried in one of my baskets I forgot about- that's another V-st. It's 2/3 complete so I'll finish it up and throw it on my bed. Last night I found another basket in different studio cupboard of 12" squares that I forgot about and guess what the frame is that goes around each square? Righto!- V-st. What's up with that? For some reason I was on a V-st kick. LOL!

These are going to be completed, then all afghans will be done.....I think.

I've always loved v-stitch blankets. But I havent ever made one yet. Maybe that should be next on my blanket making list. This is absolutely stunning.

Awe- thank you.

And go for it on a first V-st afghan. It's really is quite simple and moves along quickly with a 3 or 4 weight yarn. Whether it's made with thread, light weight or 4 weight yarn, this stitch looks wonderful in any of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived