Hugs & Kisses Baby Blanket

yarn_monkey

Just finished this baby blanket this morning. Right now it's at the County Fair, waiting to be judged in the morning. The pattern is from Interlocking Crochet (Amazon link to the book) and it's technically called "Pink and White Blocks Baby Blanket," but first of all that's boring and second I think it looks like O's on the front side and X's on the back, in the centers of each block. I used LB Pound of Love in Pastel Blue and Caron One Pound Baby in Ecru. I used about 1.5 skeins of the ecru and just over 1 skein of blue. I had to go buy another skein of blue to finish the last round of the border, so it was really close. 

post-11765-0-59496300-1440734857_thumb.jpg

Front 

post-11765-0-40619200-1440734863_thumb.jpg

Back 

post-11765-0-19412400-1440734868_thumb.jpg

Close up 

Thanks, everyone! I'm dying to go and see what happened. I have an out of town funeral in the morning at 10 and DH has to be home and in front of the TV before his football game starts at 8, so I'm hoping that maybe I can get home and we can get over there in between. It's not a very large county fair so it wouldn't take a lot of time to get through. If not tomorrow then we'll go on Sunday. I'm trying not to keel over from suspense before then!  :2spin  :hyper  :bounce

Finally made it to our County Fair today to see if I had gotten any ribbons for this or Uncle Sam, and... 

post-11765-0-11967000-1440987072_thumb.jpg

First place!  :yay  Next is the State Fair that starts on September 25th! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived