Boxing Day CAL 2015 (charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the cat mats.  I used to make 12" test squares and save them for our local Humane society.  Must get back to it.

I found a really neat pattern for a square blankie and wanted to share it.

I also got to Walmart yesterday so I have some great yarn to make stuff with.:wlol ...  Now I just have to make the stuff :rofl

I've been following the posts just caught up in stuff and haven't gotten back to respond. :blush

Stephanie, no need to apologize, did you see MY PHOTO? It was the worst, but after the Packer game which had me biting my nails, I had to run a ton of errands and when I got home it was time for dinner, etc, so i didn't get to take a new picture. I hate waiting at car dealerships. Good luck to you.

One of the (cough cough) errands I had to run was to Joann's. They had fleece 75% off and there was a coupon for 15% off of your purchase. When I got to the check out, I realized that the extra 15% off wasn't until the 16th, but the cashier knows me well (since I am there at least once a week) and said I could get 20% off if I signed up for texts. I got 9 yards of fleece and 7 remnants for under $30. But alas, it is hiding in my car to avoid divorce.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The remnants were so cheap. The fleece that is regular $9.99 was 75% off, so $2.50 a yard. Remnants were 75% off the sale price, so a one yard remnant was about 70 cents. So really, I HAD to buy them, right?

This is what I use to make the cat beds.

What an awesome deal!!

Here are 4 cat mats I made over the last couple of days.attachicon.gifgrannysquare.JPGattachicon.gifpink white.JPGattachicon.gifripples.JPGattachicon.gifvarigated.JPG

These are so very pretty. Especially like the chevron one and the pink one. Great job!!

I love the cat mats.  I used to make 12" test squares and save them for our local Humane society.  Must get back to it.

I found a really neat pattern for a square blankie and wanted to share it.

I also got to Walmart yesterday so I have some great yarn to make stuff with. :wlol ...  Now I just have to make the stuff :rofl

I've been following the posts just caught up in stuff and haven't gotten back to respond. :blush

Great pattern. What colors you gonna use? Any will look nice.

I need to call the disaster cordinator my friend told me about. The only problem is I don't really know what to say. It would be different if I had all the stuff I need to donate. I'd just say I have such-in-such and am wondering if you could use it. But not having everything already made, I have no idea what to say or ask her or whatever. Help please? Will be talking to her over the phone. Please and Thank You

I just told them that I do a lot of crocheting and was wanting to make some for charity and would like to know if they accepted or needed something like this. I was calling the NICU and I didn't have any made up at the time either. 

and I love that blanket pattern that was posted. very pretty. ;) 

I just told them that I do a lot of crocheting and was wanting to make some for charity and would like to know if they accepted or needed something like this. I was calling the NICU and I didn't have any made up at the time either. 

and I love that blanket pattern that was posted. very pretty. ;)

Thanks!!

Great pattern. What colors you gonna use? Any will look nice.

I am thinking of trying it with just 2 colours so that I won't have to break off the colours.  I have a gorgeous purple and a yellow that would go with it.  Yellow or white perhaps. :think.  Purple and yellow is a bit "Resurrection Sunday" but it is also a pretty combo.

I am thinking of trying it with just 2 colours so that I won't have to break off the colours.  I have a gorgeous purple and a yellow that would go with it.  Yellow or white perhaps. :think.  Purple and yellow is a bit "Resurrection Sunday" but it is also a pretty combo.

Either combination sounds pretty!!

My first hat for charity, well my mom took it over. Yep, its now moms hat. She's got her request in for a turquoise one too. It looks good on her though.

I love this story :rofl  makes one smile :c9

I called the number my friend gave me and she said they didn't take that sort of stuff. Later I asked my Nana if she knew anybody that would take crocheted hats. She told me there was a woman at church that is always getting donations of coats and glasses and stuff. She said she'd find out if she takes or needs hats or other crocheted items.

I called the number my friend gave me and she said they didn't take that sort of stuff. Later I asked my Nana if she knew anybody that would take crocheted hats. She told me there was a woman at church that is always getting donations of coats and glasses and stuff. She said she'd find out if she takes or needs hats or other crocheted items.

aw, keep looking and you'll find someone very happy to take things. I had to try 3 or 4 places. 

Stephanie, those hats are AMAZING! So, so cute.

Welcome Holly! We are getting such a diverse group this year. It's going to be so fun to see what everyone makes!

Darski, did you pic colors for the blanket yet?

Can I share some fun news? One of my foster kittens was adopted by a volunteer on Wednesday and the other two went home together yesterday! It was so great to get such cheerful news. I wish I had a picture of them together but if you will tolerate it, I will show them to you individually!!

post-13802-0-60406300-1421474257_thumb.jpgpost-13802-0-31869900-1421474274_thumb.jpgpost-13802-0-02206900-1421474294_thumb.jpg

Charlie, Mimi and Buster. I will sneak in the fact that Mimi is sitting on one of my round cat beds. I made it years ago and it has held up really well through washing after washing.

Welcome!! We would love to have you. Your doing a a great project.

Thank you!  :ty   It just made sense...I've made blankets for the program in the past and that's where a lot of my scrap yarn came from to begin with!  I've focused on rectangular grannies, because they're easy to make "and" to join together.  I'm just going to keep making them, and later in the year will start joining them together.  :tup

Archived