Midnight Brites Blanket help!

Wow! what a great project!

Quick question, what size is the bed in that picture? I'm making a blanket of similar dimensions and want to make sure I don't make it too big!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I delivered it yesterday and it was actually good because she is sick. So it was nice to help her feel better a little. She absolutely love it. Thank you all for helping with the blocks.

We need to do it again. Who's up for it?

Beautiful job! I'm wondering how you attached the squares together. Did you whipstitch them or sew them together as you went along the last row of each square?

Yes I am doing 2 more just like this one. So should I start a different thread or Just do it here? The difference on these two if you dont mind use an I hook 3 rounds of the color and then one round of black. That will save me so much time. I'm excited you are willing to help again...

Okay here is the break down

Purple --Amethyst -88 blocks

Pink -- Pretty in Pink - 92 blocks

Orange -- Pumpkin - 88 blocks

Yellow -- Bright Yellow - 82 blocks

Green -- Paddy Green - 80 blocks

Blue -- Blue - 80 blocks

You will use a I hook . 3 rounds of color = 4" and then just put one round of black.

wow, whom are these two going to, lol, that seems lke so much work, but glad you are having those of us that help, put the black row on for you!! That will save you some time, I hope to be able to do some as well, but will have to get some of those colors, lol.....Nice job...... and fun for everyone to participate in!! sewing together is the hard part!! :yes

One is going to a lady who just lost her husband last week and the other to a lady who is having a very rough couple weeks and they have all been sick and I want to do something to cheer them up. I know it's a lot of work but figured if I had the black added this time it would be a little less work. Putting them together is a chore at times but when it comes together it is worth it all. :)

looked over my stash and all I have with a label is black,at some point that will be helpful,but not a this moment

I'll see what the local Walmart has,and go from there,I'm leaning towards picking the yellow and green for a start

if I remember right,gives about 18-20 squares per skein

Archived