Two throws i completed.

katyallen815

Hi,

heres pics of two more throws I completed just this week, one, the first, is a throw for a neighbor I believe, will suit her decor for sure, and the colorful one, Haven't decided yet, maybe for the vets home. I don't usually work with brown, but the first one was fun, cause the browns were defused with varigated browns, and rust, and tans, and blue, and greens, lol was fun to do, and buff fleck to edge it.

The second one, I found in a bottom bin, just needed the edge put on, so completed that just today too, it was fun, cause of all the colors.....enjoy,,,,,, there are slated for new homes soon!

i just put on clean sheets, so thought this was a good time to lay them out and pic them!!

post-40621-0-96832700-1403119827_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-18253900-1403119858_thumb.jpg

Katyallen, those are beautiful!  The variegated one is my personal favorite!  My crochet club makes afghans for Veterans' hospitals, and we always try to make them bright and cheerful, so I think the second one would be great for a Vets' Home!!

hey thanks all, gladl they meet with your approval, you all get my previews, lol, and I appreciate the comments, thanks, And yes, I think the colorful one would be great for the vets too, brighten up there room a bit, you know!! thanks again! I love the top one, probably cause I seldom work with darkish colors, but the buff sure brightened it up, Im happy with the results!!

Great work!  My least favorite part of grannies is connecting them. :)  I think my next granny, I'm going to try attaching as I go.  What's your choice?

Thanks for your comment...

I am one of the lucky ones, who really doesn't mind putting them together, Its sort of a zen thing, meditation type deal, I get in the zone, and am giving myself a break from crocheting, so it doesn't bother me...

I usually use the whip stitch,( the colorful one up above was made this way) the sc ridge, on back or front, or the I don't know what its called, front sides together sc, ch 1, sk one stc, sc in next, ch 1, skip one. etc , so you are either sc, or chaining going back and forth in the coresponding stitches of the two you are putting together, makes it a bit more flexible, and doesn't pull or bubble up if done this way I have found..   sometimes, I use sc, ch2, sc,sk one, good luck!

Katy, the corresponding joining sounds intriguing but I'm not exactly sure how to do it.  :think  Is there anywhere you know of that I could see it?  I've got some squares I want to connect and I'm loving this idea!!  The front sides together sc, ch1.

Archived