Summer stitch-cation by the Crochet Crowd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting this Darski....I hadn't seen it!  That DOES sound like it would be alot of fun!  9 colors does seem like alot but if I MUST buy 9 brand new skeins of yarn, I guess you can twist my arm into doing so!  I see a shopping trip in my future!   :lol  :cheer  :yay 

I had not seen this either and it sounds fun. If I have the 2 afghans I'm working on completed by then, I just may join in. I certainly have the yarn in my stash already. I have not purchased any yarn in 3 months and still have not put a dent in my stash. Yea- I know....yarnaholic, yarnaholic, yarnaholic........ :hook  :hook  :hook 

I don't think you have to use all 9 colors but I think you'll need at least 9 skeins.

It sounds like a good project, even if you don't finish in time for the contest (2 months?). So, how do I get the pattern? Is it a print out? Can I do it without the video?

Ellie 13

Ellie-

The pattern will be presented on July 1.

I don't think you have to use all 9 colors but I think you'll need at least 9 skeins.

It sounds like a good project, even if you don't finish in time for the contest (2 months?). So, how do I get the pattern? Is it a print out? Can I do it without the video?

Ellie 13

Ellie 13

It states right in the blog post that we will be using 9 colors.  Can't wait for this one to start!

A friend and I are both joining in. I don't know that I'll get it done in the time frame, but that's ok. As far as colors go, I'll have to look at what I have and see how little I can get away with buying!

I have found a website with the greatest colour combos.  It's breath-taking. :eek

I am hoping to use the "cabbage hues" as the basis for my ghan.  I have most of the colours from that card and I plan to add 2 variegated yarns and either black or white.

I am also guessing that it might be this ghan

A friend and I are both joining in. I don't know that I'll get it done in the time frame, but that's ok. As far as colors go, I'll have to look at what I have and see how little I can get away with buying!

Yes I know that feeling.  I was prepared to start fresh but I have so many of the colours I want to use that I'm down to a couple more to buy.

It states right in the blog post that we will be using 9 colors.

There is no reason someone couldn't make it with less than 9 colors. 

It sounds like it is stitch based as much as color based.  I've seen many sampler afghans that I wondered what they looked like in one or two colors.  Thankfully most of them someone had done just that and they are beautiful.

There is no reason someone couldn't make it with less than 9 colors. 

It sounds like it is stitch based as much as color based.  I've seen many sampler afghans that I wondered what they looked like in one or two colors.  Thankfully most of them someone had done just that and they are beautiful.

I didn't say she couldn't make it with less colors...I simply said that the blog states that we will be using 9 colors.  It's all about making it to your individual liking. 

I have found a website with the greatest colour combos.  It's breath-taking. :eek

I am hoping to use the "cabbage hues" as the basis for my ghan.  I have most of the colours from that card and I plan to add 2 variegated yarns and either black or white.

That's a beautiful palette ~ but then again, they all are!  I think I like the Marshmallow one best.  But unless I have exact yarn colors and names, I'm afraid I'm at a loss for matching. 

I haven't wanted to do afghans in awhile living in FL, but this sounds like fun. I'm lucky I can buy new yarn but then it has this in the subject line

>>>>You can substitute your yarn, just ensure you have enough. We are hoping you will really explore with colour but like all of our  challenges, you can use as many or as little as you wish.<<<<<<    

Making it hard to decide if I want to buy all nine colors or just use what I have. 

i thought this started June 1, but can't seem to get the info off the site, anyone know what's up with that...

I agree that it is July 1st - nice kick off for all the Canucks eh?

I admit that no info is driving me crazy :rofl

​Darski, from the way it looked online today, it doesn't seem to be the Faeries Sampler ( which I dearly love!!).  It looked like separate blocks, and he said it would have 2 squares of each color.   ?????  Guess we have to wait and see! 

Archived