2014 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

☕~ Afternoon all.....

Well...... Been busy!!!

This Comfort'ghan I showed you.....has been delivered to one of the girls families!

post-18634-0-32616900-1390241140_thumb.jpg

This one needs to be delivered this week to the other family!

post-18634-0-94082400-1390241183_thumb.jpg

Now I'm finishing my iPad tote and then need to work on a hat order!

Catch up with you all later!

????

Ok. Count me in too! Besides trying to get my stash down, I want to finish off several afghans I've started over the years and are just sitting around in various stages of unfinished states!

I'm in! I've got two that are solidly in progress right now (one is the rainbow-ghan I shared in-progress pics of in the 2013 thread; it's almost done now!), one baby blanket for a new niece that I need to start. I was going to do a C2C, but the only pattern I have warps something fierce. I don't know how I used to do it and get the square to be a square! So I think I'm going to swipe that lovely wavy granny design of teekaycee's! :D I also have several WIPs that are ancient and dessicated; perhaps one of them will get worked on this year. And then I have one or two that are just perking in the back of my mind that I'd really like to start!

Such great pictures on the thread already! I also love that car on the ripples. I bet my little guy would love something like that! Hmm, another back of the mind thought....

lynnf, what's the pattern in your avatar picture? That's a beautiful looking blanket!

This is the center square for my wedding gift afghan. It's, um, supposed to be a butterfly. Hopefully some embroidery will make the edges a little sharper and make that clearer! At least, I hop so....

Oh......pretty!!!!

I'm in! I've got two that are solidly in progress right now (one is the rainbow-ghan I shared in-progress pics of in the 2013 thread; it's almost done now!), one baby blanket for a new niece that I need to start. I was going to do a C2C, but the only pattern I have warps something fierce. I don't know how I used to do it and get the square to be a square! So I think I'm going to swipe that lovely wavy granny design of teekaycee's! :D I also have several WIPs that are ancient and dessicated; perhaps one of them will get worked on this year. And then I have one or two that are just perking in the back of my mind that I'd really like to start!

Such great pictures on the thread already! I also love that car on the ripples. I bet my little guy would love something like that! Hmm, another back of the mind thought....

lynnf, what's the pattern in your avatar picture? That's a beautiful looking blanket!

It is a scrap afghan.  Unfortunately my closet still looks like a yarn shop.  Here is the link to the pattern http://www.etsy.com/...ern-pdf-274-she.  It was easy and fun, and really pretty when done.

I'm in!  I think a CAL with absolutely "no pressure" is a great idea!  I've actually already completed Vanna White's "Kilim Throw".  I had stocked up on yarn after Christmas in 2012, and just hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Since I'd had knee surgery just before Christmas 2013, I had plenty of time to work on it.  In our home though, we refer to it as the "Afghanistan Afghan".  A few years ago, I had made a blanket for myself with the Vanna's Choice yarn.  I then used the leftover yarn to make the kilim throw, and sent it to my husband in Afghanistan.  I've been told it got a great deal of use over there. 

The kilim throw I just completed is going to my eldest daughter, who just recently got married and will be making her home in Colorado Springs.  I am using the leftovers from that afghan to make "Granny's Cool Spools" for myself.  But, I think I might have a more leftover than I need.  That might go into the "Mended Hearts Afghan" pattern.  Everything else is being crocheted into yo-yo's to make a scrap afghan (or bedspread) depending on how many yo-yo's I end up with.  I've included some pictures of these patterns just in case anyone's curious about these patterns.

. Thanks for the pattern pictures. The cool spools one looks like a great stash buster, but it still looks organized and planned. I've started a number of stash buster afghans, but I have issues with how they end up looking so disorganized.

Thank you everybody for the compliments, but just to clarify...."none" of those pictures are work that I did!  :no  The only one I've actually completed is the "Kilim Throw".  The one I just finished is made using the colors that the pattern calls for, so it does look similar to the picture.  The other two are afghans that I plan to make. 

The picture that I've attached to "this" post is of the afghan that I sent to my husband in Afghanistan.  It was made from leftover yarn from an afghan that I made for myself.

that's beautiful. Your dh must have been so happy when he opened that hug from you.

I made this Mary Maxim car blanket kit for friends (who have an 8 month old son) of my son and DIL as a thank you for their support when DS had to go for two weeks national guard training less than a week after his baby was born.

attachicon.gifcar blanket.JPG

Now I'm working on a Mary Maxim Marcelle afghan for a Christmas present.

That's a great boy afghan. (I'm assuming those friends are using it for their son) That little guy can enjoy it for many years.

Omgoodness how cute .... Kitty and Blankie!!

Oh....Tuesday is much better than March!!! :yay

That is super cute!

I have a friend that sent me a picture of a blanket similar to that and asked if I could make it ...I used my own ripple stitch and made some cars the best I could and it came out pretty good!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Here's one.....http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-smoothfoxs-beginners-round-ripple

Here's another......http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lyns-round-ripple-baby-afghan

:heart

:mug

I'll say it came out good! It looks great!

????

☕????~ Good evening all......

Hope you all are doing well! Looks and sounds like everyone has been busy! Nice!

I've been busy too ....filling orders! $$$ Gotta like that!

I'll say it came out good! It looks great!

Aww.....thanks sweetie!!! ????????

Here's a photo showing the pattern and color of the afghan for my daughter. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_0057.JPG

Very Nice!!! ????

????

okay, I just finished up my grandmother's shawl...so I'm ready to tackle my first afghan of the year. :applause It is unusally cold here in South Louisiana :wcold...I even have icicles hanging off my van! So its a great day to curl up with some yarn. I have never made a round ripple, so I think that is the first one on my list for a friend of mine's young daughter that has Cerebral Palsy and is wheelchair bound. I collected up a few patterns but I didn't realize they came with so many different "points." :think Any suggestion on the best size to go with?? I would like her to be able to have it in her chair as well as on the floor when she plays. She is 6.

Thanks for the help! :tup

Kristy

Hey all

Hope yall are keeping warm. Started my first had of the year few days ago. It was al my first time doing my own pattern. Haven't wrote it down though. No idea what size its for. Was making it for adult, but didn't make crown big enough. But neck and back been hurting a few days so haven't crocheted in a few days. Been naucous as well.

I finished 2 of the afghans I had ALMOST done!

attachicon.gifDSCN0477.JPG     attachicon.gifDSCN0479.JPG

Ooooh. I like these!

All of mine are almost still in the same condition. I was working on my son's basket weave blanket and i messed up the same row about 3 times, having to frog it each time. When it's the size of a throw blanket and you do the same rows three or four different times, it's time to set it down and walk away for a while! Otherwise, I started on my husband's Christmas gift but that's just a bunch of 3 round basic grannies so not very exciting. I added the next skein for my giant granny a bit ago but have only done a bit of work on that. I keep looking at the boxes and bags of previous afghans that need to be finished and well.... let's just say that they haven't moved just yet. Besides, I've been planning my Crochet Olympics afghan more than actually doing any crocheting. I am getting impatient to start it since it's a pattern I dreamed up a while ago and really can't wait to finally start it!

Archived