2014 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

☕ ~ good morning......

I want to first apologize for being a bit MIA.

Things have been quite stressful lately!

First...work has been most of my stress!! Adults can be so ridiculously childish!

Then while on Christmas break....two teen girls that go school with my boys die in a car accident right before Christmas!

Then my sweet Uncle Lou passes away yesterday afternoon from pancreatic cancer! Thank you Lord for letting me be able to hug and kiss on him on our way home from our trip from Christmas!

And my sweet son .... Is still fighting his way out of a relapse from Nephrotic Syndrome.

So...... I'm exhausted and have one heck of a migraine!

But...... I wanted to stop in and say :hi Hello and tell you all what beautiful hats I'm seeing be made! Wow!!!

????

I finished half the afghan I was working on...I say half because I decided to order more yarn and make it longer! LOL! I should have 8 of the 9 skeins this week. One is on back-order until March, so I'm going to try matching the color to a different yarn if I can.

I finished half the afghan I was working on...I say half because I decided to order more yarn and make it longer! LOL! I should have 8 of the 9 skeins this week. One is on back-order until March, so I'm going to try matching the color to a different yarn if I can.

Oh wow......March? Yikes!

:sun  :ccompute  ~ Good Morning all...............

Well... I'm off to my moms today to work out and then visit for a while this morning ... then home to do some chores and crochet crochet and then knit!

I need to snap a picture of the 2nd comfort'ghan I made and show you all.. it came out really nice!

I'm hoping to give the comfort'ghans to the families tomorrow night at the Memorial Fundraiser at the Home Basketball game.

Then I need to work on some chemo caps... dishcloths for my mom and an afghan for a friends daughter that I promised her!  

And fill some orders I have!

Well... off to get a coffee refill :mug....

Check back in later!

:heart

:mug

I'm in!  I think a CAL with absolutely "no pressure" is a great idea!  I've actually already completed Vanna White's "Kilim Throw".  I had stocked up on yarn after Christmas in 2012, and just hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Since I'd had knee surgery just before Christmas 2013, I had plenty of time to work on it.  In our home though, we refer to it as the "Afghanistan Afghan".  A few years ago, I had made a blanket for myself with the Vanna's Choice yarn.  I then used the leftover yarn to make the kilim throw, and sent it to my husband in Afghanistan.  I've been told it got a great deal of use over there. 

The kilim throw I just completed is going to my eldest daughter, who just recently got married and will be making her home in Colorado Springs.  I am using the leftovers from that afghan to make "Granny's Cool Spools" for myself.  But, I think I might have a more leftover than I need.  That might go into the "Mended Hearts Afghan" pattern.  Everything else is being crocheted into yo-yo's to make a scrap afghan (or bedspread) depending on how many yo-yo's I end up with.  I've included some pictures of these patterns just in case anyone's curious about these patterns.

post-5445-0-74161300-1389817961.png

post-5445-0-29436300-1389817997_thumb.jpg

post-5445-0-55296900-1389818012.jpg

I'm in!  I think a CAL with absolutely "no pressure" is a great idea!  I've actually already completed Vanna White's "Kilim Throw".  I had stocked up on yarn after Christmas in 2012, and just hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Since I'd had knee surgery just before Christmas 2013, I had plenty of time to work on it.  In our home though, we refer to it as the "Afghanistan Afghan".  A few years ago, I had made a blanket for myself with the Vanna's Choice yarn.  I then used the leftover yarn to make the kilim throw, and sent it to my husband in Afghanistan.  I've been told it got a great deal of use over there. 

The kilim throw I just completed is going to my eldest daughter, who just recently got married and will be making her home in Colorado Springs.  I am using the leftovers from that afghan to make "Granny's Cool Spools" for myself.  But, I think I might have a more leftover than I need.  That might go into the "Mended Hearts Afghan" pattern.  Everything else is being crocheted into yo-yo's to make a scrap afghan (or bedspread) depending on how many yo-yo's I end up with.  I've included some pictures of these patterns just in case anyone's curious about these patterns.

WOW - those are gorgeous!!

Thank you everybody for the compliments, but just to clarify...."none" of those pictures are work that I did!  :no  The only one I've actually completed is the "Kilim Throw".  The one I just finished is made using the colors that the pattern calls for, so it does look similar to the picture.  The other two are afghans that I plan to make. 

The picture that I've attached to "this" post is of the afghan that I sent to my husband in Afghanistan.  It was made from leftover yarn from an afghan that I made for myself.

post-5445-0-46076100-1389831930_thumb.jpg

:sun

:mug ~ Good Morning ................

Hope all is well with everyone this bright and early morning!

I'm off to my moms again today.... super windy out... so if I can drive with the wind I'll save on gas... LOL>>LOL

I had a good day with my mom yesterday... we exercised... I got her all set up on Pinterest....showed her how to turn her phone into a 'hot spot' so she can surf the net with her tablet .. Anywhere.... crocheted a bit and then home to see my beautiful boys!

Today I'm taking more crocheting over and am going to teach my mom how to make a ruffle scarf from sashay yarn. :hook

you all have a fabulous day!!!!

I'd like to join.  I just finished one baby afghan and have several more I need to make and would like to complete at least one full sized afghan this year.  here is the baby afghan & accessories just completed

attachicon.gif0115141426.jpgattachicon.gif0115141428.jpg

Welcome!!!!!

Your work is awesome!!!  Very nice!!

Thanks...baby's blanket has been officially tested and approved. Fortunately, the new mom won't mind as she has a kitty too! (I did wash blanket & accessories in a gentle detergent). I must remember not to leave crocheted items unattended  :yes

post-52109-0-42018200-1390014702_thumb.jpg

Well, I have another afghan ALMOST done! I ran out of a color and have to wait until I go to JoAnn on Tuesday to get more. BUT! The yarn I ordered to finish the first afghan came, and the back-ordered skein should be here Tuesday instead of in March! Yah! Maybe I'll get both done this week!

I made this Mary Maxim car blanket kit for friends (who have an 8 month old son) of my son and DIL as a thank you for their support when DS had to go for two weeks national guard training less than a week after his baby was born.

post-43634-0-74497800-1390142455_thumb.jpg

Now I'm working on a Mary Maxim Marcelle afghan for a Christmas present.

I'm thinking I may want to do a round ripple. Does anyone have an patterns for one. Any tips on them. Likes/dislikes thanks

Have a happy crocheting Sunday xxoo

I have been interested in a round ripple too...but I have never done one....so I am listening too  ;)

Thanks...baby's blanket has been officially tested and approved. Fortunately, the new mom won't mind as she has a kitty too! (I did wash blanket & accessories in a gentle detergent). I must remember not to leave crocheted items unattended :yes

attachicon.gif0108141723.jpg

Omgoodness how cute .... Kitty and Blankie!!

Well, I have another afghan ALMOST done! I ran out of a color and have to wait until I go to JoAnn on Tuesday to get more. BUT! The yarn I ordered to finish the first afghan came, and the back-ordered skein should be here Tuesday instead of in March! Yah! Maybe I'll get both done this week!

Oh....Tuesday is much better than March!!! :yay

I made this Mary Maxim car blanket kit for friends (who have an 8 month old son) of my son and DIL as a thank you for their support when DS had to go for two weeks national guard training less than a week after his baby was born.

attachicon.gifcar blanket.JPG

Now I'm working on a Mary Maxim Marcelle afghan for a Christmas present.

That is super cute!

I have a friend that sent me a picture of a blanket similar to that and asked if I could make it ...I used my own ripple stitch and made some cars the best I could and it came out pretty good!

post-18634-0-97244100-1390187804_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking I may want to do a round ripple. Does anyone have an patterns for one. Any tips on them. Likes/dislikes thanks

Have a happy crocheting Sunday xxoo

Here's one.....

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-smoothfoxs-beginners-round-ripple

I have been interested in a round ripple too...but I have never done one....so I am listening too ;)

Here's another......

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lyns-round-ripple-baby-afghan

Archived