2014 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

Aw, cute little turtles!

I finally get to post a completed 'ghan picture! I finished up my baby baptism gift afghan. It's more little girl sized than baby but eh, she'll grow. :D

I riffed off the Drop in the Pond afghan pattern. Left off the endcaps, and since I didn't start off by following the actual pattern, made the center portion about a thousand times more complicated than it had to be. Lesson learned.  :reyes

post-62070-0-59779400-1395193178_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[attachment=71025:DSCN0524.JPG]

[attachment=71026:DSCN0525.JPG]

Fresh off the hook!! Hope she likes it.attachicon.gifIMG_20140315_185139.jpg

I love looking at everyones projects :)

finally getting around to posting this baby 'ghan

using campygirl's turtle square

I have  another larger one( with more turtles) in the works, plus 2 soccer ball afghans and a "baby "ghan for the Crochet crowd  Spring Challenge

http://www.thecrochetcrowd.com/en/newchallenges/1592-springsprung.html

eventually they will all get finished  :)

attachicon.gif034.JPG

Aw, cute little turtles!

I finally get to post a completed 'ghan picture! I finished up my baby baptism gift afghan. It's more little girl sized than baby but eh, she'll grow. :D

I riffed off the Drop in the Pond afghan pattern. Left off the endcaps, and since I didn't start off by following the actual pattern, made the center portion about a thousand times more complicated than it had to be. Lesson learned.  :reyes

All of these are beautiful. I've always wanted to try the drop in the pond one, but I need to finish a couple before I begin something new.

This one is from the Crochet crowd challenge mentioned above

Not the 40" square they wanted   but I can't do the same repeat  pattern for that long and get it done in a reasonable amount of time so I settled for  32 " square :)

post-13221-0-02794400-1395936360_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to show that I have been working on a project! I did finish a bright yellow and pink baby grannyghan but it still has all the ends hanging out since I've been putting off that bit of finishing work...

post-8673-0-75768400-1396288289_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to show that I have been working on a project! I did finish a bright yellow and pink baby grannyghan but it still has all the ends hanging out since I've been putting off that bit of finishing work...

Is this tunisian stitch? Love the way it looks like a crazy quilt. Is there a pattern for it?

Is this tunisian stitch? Love the way it looks like a crazy quilt. Is there a pattern for it?

It is indeed. It's the Tunisian 10-stitch blanket. There's a version of it with sc but I couldn't get it to work out on the corners without looking wonky. As for the yarn, it's one of my newest favorites from RH called Peruvian Print! 

Here's the ravelry link sc version: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ten-stitch-blanket-crochet-pattern

And the Tunisian: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tunisian-crochet-ten-stitch-blanket

I ended up doing a 10 stitch by 20 rows middle section since I wanted it more rectangle but that's the only change that I made and was a change that was talked about within the pattern!

Very nice! I tried something similar in knitting but I did not like the looks of where the rows joined to the previous section, so I gave up.

Very nice! I tried something similar in knitting but I did not like the looks of where the rows joined to the previous section, so I gave up.

That's what happened when I did the SC version of it. The joinings were just wonky.

It is indeed. It's the Tunisian 10-stitch blanket. There's a version of it with sc but I couldn't get it to work out on the corners without looking wonky. As for the yarn, it's one of my newest favorites from RH called Peruvian Print! 

Here's the ravelry link sc version: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ten-stitch-blanket-crochet-pattern

And the Tunisian: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tunisian-crochet-ten-stitch-blanket

I ended up doing a 10 stitch by 20 rows middle section since I wanted it more rectangle but that's the only change that I made and was a change that was talked about within the pattern!

Thank you, I will have to try both of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, I will have to try both of them.

The SC one went faster but I, personally, had issues with my corners though I know that's my own issue. The Tunisian goes fairly quick once you get it down, at least for me.

Hi all!

I'm new here but not new to crochet. I have who knows how many incomplete projects in totes and boxes in my garage (moved over a year ago and my craft stuff never made it into the house :( )

Is it okay if I join in your fun and post my projects that i finish?

Nik

That is really pretty! I like the lacey look!

This one is from the Crochet crowd challenge mentioned above

Not the 40" square they wanted   but I can't do the same repeat  pattern for that long and get it done in a reasonable amount of time so I settled for  32 " square :)

attachicon.gifDSCF00031.JPG

Love the blankets everyone is sharing!!!

Here are the 2 latest for me:

post-21933-0-50117300-1397736853_thumb.jpg

post-21933-0-50268700-1397736932_thumb.jpg

I have the urge to make another afghan, but I have NO clue about anything else! 

No idea on the pattern, no idea on the colors. I might just get some scrap yarn & take with me this weekend when we go on our trip & just make a scrap ghan out of HDC! I have no idea!

Archived