2014 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/139852-rules-and-general-information/

So that's the information about the Crochet Games. It looks like it's 2 weeks long. I know for a fact I probably won't get my entry done in that length but it will be fun to try! Of course, I originally wanted a huge bedspread of this but I think a regular afghan throw is probably better anyway. This way I can show it off on my couch when it's totally finished! 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made this Mary Maxim car blanket kit for friends (who have an 8 month old son) of my son and DIL as a thank you for their support when DS had to go for two weeks national guard training less than a week after his baby was born.

attachicon.gifcar blanket.JPG

Now I'm working on a Mary Maxim Marcelle afghan for a Christmas present.

This looks soooooo FUN!

My yarn came in for my crochet Olympics afghan! I mentioned to my DH how much I wanted to start on it and he immediately looked at me and asked "Wouldn't that be cheating?"  :rolleyes It would be if it was more than just itchy fingers and wishing!

Did a no no last night. Started another afghan. I had some new yarn and my cousin say it the other day and asked for a big afghan from it.

So thats what I started on. Didn't get far. Oh good news though, I found the skein I needed to work on my big granny afghan. It was in a tote in another room. Not where I usually keep my yarn. But now I can work on them both. The new one is a big granny as well.

Last night I wasn't thinking about the old afghan. So I just started on new one. Well today I went to get yarn and top was off of bin and sisters cat had destroyed it. Our adult cats are so rough. They destroy stuff and fight with each other. Think were gonna have to get rid of them. Not sure yet still trying to decide.

I've joined this one--I think the afghan is really lovely! Are you participating?

I know this has been going on for a week or two already, but I'm undecided. I really like the afghan though.

Sorry to reply so late, I've been unable to log onto the 'Ville for a week and a half.

Here's one of the "waiting for yarn" afghans that I have finished. This bad-boy ended up 52" x 96"!

post-21933-0-47150600-1391359335_thumb.jpg

This is my first basketweave and it's so easy! Makes me kick myself for not trying this before. ;)

Oh I know! My problem is they just take so long to do. Well, at least for me they do.

Braxxi - I love it! So pretty

I was looking at my basketweave blanket and realized that I really don't want to give it away, even to my own baby! It's far too large for a toddler sized blanket anyway and I don't want to cause issues between the two of them when they are older . that's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it! Instead I grabbed a skein of the camo yarn I have sitting around from a project several years ago and bought far far far too much and am going to make a Tunisian ten stitch blanket with it. So far I amrreally loving the look of it. Just trying to decide if I want to put black in there as well since all the camo isn't from the same dye lot. Either way, I think I've found my next stash buster blanket!

I'll jump in on this one. It's been awhile since I've completed an afghan, but I've got one on my hook right now. I've enjoyed looking at the photos in this thread so far. :)

Archived