Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

I decided on Sunday evening that I would just start a motif (granny) afghan just to get back into the groove and they sure are quick to complete.  I finished this in about 48 hours and it has gone to be donated to a senior's centre

post-4896-0-11456500-1400162517_thumb.jpg

I am working on a bunch of baby things to donate to our local pregnancy support centre.  I often start a Grandma's Fave blankie just for the enjoyment of mindless knitting.

post-4896-0-70214200-1400162513_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-08267900-1400162515_thumb.jpg

the hat is another quick little knit. :wlol

I have also added one more of my final few patterns in FOP forum

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided on Sunday evening that I would just start a motif (granny) afghan just to get back into the groove and they sure are quick to complete.  I finished this in about 48 hours and it has gone to be donated to a senior's centre

attachicon.gifblro01.jpg

I am working on a bunch of baby things to donate to our local pregnancy support centre.  I often start a Grandma's Fave blankie just for the enjoyment of mindless knitting.

attachicon.gifbla01.jpgattachicon.gifbla02.jpg

the hat is another quick little knit. :wlol

I have also added one more of my final few patterns in FOP forum

Everything looks very pretty.

Darski, wow, How great that you can crank out a granny ghan in 48 hours!! What kind of join technique do you use? The colors are striking. And of course, your doll/baby items are always great. I had a feeling you would be dropping in with a few pictures.

And Bailey, I love that you did not let frustration get the best of you and now your doll has e very pretty blanket.

I made another hat last night with the tan "baby blanket" yarn. I am trying to decide if there is another pattern I should try. Not that I dislike the plain dc, but I'd like to try something else. Anyone got a pattern for a hat with #6 yarn??

I try not to waste stuff that can be used for the doll donations.  It takes a while to get all the stuff together, but it is worth it knowing that the dolls go fully clothed to their new homes.

I am 12" away from finishing my first prayer shawl.  I found a fairly simple pattern, but slightly more challenging than the one they handed out at the meeting.  I like the texture.  I've already downloaded some other free patterns to try and am picking up a book from the library to preview.  I like taking a break from the dolls clothes and clearing my head to try something different once and a while.  It usually helps me come back with a better sense of purpose. 

Finished the prayer shawl and got it posted on my blog.  Need to find a better way to photograph them, but that will come.  Close to finishing a second one with a different pattern.  With a predictable, repeating pattern it is a relaxing way to crochet and that's good right now.

My First Prayer Shawl

Through the prayer shawl group I found another group that meets in the library of the same town.  Still haven't met any crocheters, although there are rumored to be a few in this group. :lol Very welcoming and it is nice to meet people in person to talk from time to time.

Another doll project I finished before starting the Prayer Shawls that didn't go quite the way I expected. I love the padded dolls, but they are a bit challenging to fit.

Baby Doll Top

Through the prayer shawl group I found another group that meets in the library of the same town.  Still haven't met any crocheters, although there are rumored to be a few in this group. :lol Very welcoming and it is nice to meet people in person to talk from time to time.

Another doll project I finished before starting the Prayer Shawls that didn't go quite the way I expected. I love the padded dolls, but they are a bit challenging to fit.

Baby Doll Top

I absolutely agree wiht you on both points.  It is nice to have real people in your yarnie group and soft body dolls, although sweet to hold, are a design challenge. :wlol

Darski and Bailey, you are both so amazing. First, Darski, thiose Christmas dolls are so cute. What great patterns. I hope you are not "giving up" pattern making for good.

Bailey, your first prayer shawl is very pretty. I wish I had a good photography idea. I am sure someone here at the Ville has good ideas. I wonder if there is a forum for that. Anyway, bravo on finishing your first one.

I used up two of the skeins of Baby Blanket yarn and got six hats. I might make scarves out of the bits left over. We'll see.

post-13802-0-13970800-1400907405_thumb.jpg

Good morning Darski,Bailey4 ,and Babypoohsmom,Gardner and others that gather at this thread.

I'm still here,finding that its taking way longer for this wrist to recover,man oh man it tires so easily

well Y'all continue to have a great weekend

I see I joined this and even have the one project I have done in my signature, but then dropped out of sight. I did a big boucle afghan for a friend for Christmas that I thought would never come to an end, and when it did, I was absolutely crocheted out. Since mid-January I have been doing nothing but cross stitch. However, it's time to crochet again.

I left two lapghans unfinished, one in purple and yellow-gold, the other in one of JA's discontinued yarns, a bulky brushed acrylic in a green and white marl. I'm working now on finishing those. This weekend I got everything done on the purple except the border, and I've made a little forward progress on the other.

Some of you may remember, my totally unrealistic goal was to use up all my Caron One Pound. It still is. I've decided to do it all in granny squares. I rarely do anything like that, but that's the easiest thing I can think of to bring to the library. I also have a stash of the bulky and I will keep plugging away at that too - it's a pleasure to work with.

So I'm alive and well and back in the Boxing Day business.

Donna and Linda, it's great to hear from both of you again. I guess the good thing about a group like this is that you can drop in anytime and you're right at home. Donna I do remember that you wanted to use up all the pounders. I went on a "use up scraps" binge around the first of the year. It lasted well into May, but I did buy and bust into new skeins in May. Linda, I am sorry to hear that your wrist is slow going. I can relate. My ankle is no better and walking is torture. Good thing I can crochet without my foot. But it's hard to use the longarm quilting machine for very long. 
Anyway, have you guys ever bought yarn at Big Lots? I saw some for $1 a skein and could not resist. This is kind of a fleece yarn. The hat I made came out large. But as I plan to donate to the Veterans shelter, I guess some bigger hats will be ok. Here is is. Just a dc. It was very hard to see the stitches. I do most of my work at night before I go to bed and don't like to turn on my Ott light in case it is too bright for my hubby who is usually in bed before me. I think I need one of those styrofoam heads for photographing my hats.
post-13802-0-61966500-1401080847_thumb.jpg

Everyone sounds busy. I finally finished the purple and yellow/gold lapghan. I'll try to get a pic someday, but it may be a while. 

Thank you.  I usually work on small doll or toy projects, but there is something about these shawls.  Even DH is surpised to see me sticking with them and not putting some other kind of project in between.  For now these are working for me.

Bailey that shawl is beautiful! Love the color and the pattern.

Darski, I wanted to find some way to demonstrate how much your gift has meant.  Then I realized in the early years I didn't do as great a job documenting my projects as I should have so for the most part it is a documentation of only two of your patterns.  However, this was my way of showing you there are lots of girls out there who have benefited from your kindness.

Tribute to Darski

Darski, I wanted to find some way to demonstrate how much your gift has meant.  Then I realized in the early years I didn't do as great a job documenting my projects as I should have so for the most part it is a documentation of only two of your patterns.  However, this was my way of showing you there are lots of girls out there who have benefited from your kindness.

Tribute to Darski

That is so sweet of you.  Thank you for that. :cry  Makes me proud to have been part of your work.

Archived