Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

I think you have been having a rough year so far haven't you, Linda?  I hope something really good comes your way soon.

I have another guy hat to show but it is soaking in a fabric softener bath right now, waiting to be washed.  I found out that the old "Sensations" yarn from Joanns works really well in the Addi, so I have another machine hat to show.  I will have to take pictures after dinner!! 

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again,

So I mentioned the other day that I found some new camo yarn at Goodwill - - well, I always wash the yarn I buy at Goodwill. I put it in a linen bag with a hair tie to keep it from unraveling. If the yarn survives, I use it for cats mats or charity hats.

post-13802-0-26269200-1398656360_thumb.jpg

But I did not look at these skeins before I washed the first one. I ended up with a giant ball of wool. Yup, it's 100% wool. The original price was over $9 so I hesitate to just send it back to Goodwill. I thought I would see if anyone here wants it before I post it on the destashing area. I just have one skein left. Anyone want it? I will mail it to you.

post-13802-0-82064800-1398656384_thumb.jpg

I think you have been having a rough year so far haven't you, Linda?  I hope something really good comes your way soon.

I have another guy hat to show but it is soaking in a fabric softener bath right now, waiting to be washed.  I found out that the old "Sensations" yarn from Joanns works really well in the Addi, so I have another machine hat to show.  I will have to take pictures after dinner!! 

I'm really ready for quiet and normalcy to return,I sure hope this isn't a repeat of last year,maybe by June things will turn around

anyone have a bungalow on a beach that I can veg at???

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. I've made a few more hats on the Addi machine. The lime green one is Caron Simply Soft. The other one is mystery yarns!

post-13802-0-15473700-1399435536_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting it.  As I've said many times, your free patterns are one of the reasons I am able to donate so many outfits.

The main reason I made my patterns free is in gratitude to all the free patterns that others have posted online.  Generosity does tend to encourage it in others.  We all benefit from the variety of patterns that we can make up for charitable giving.

One of the beni's of working on multiple sizes of dolls is when it doesn't fit one it sometimes fits the other.  I love trying something different each year to add to the project.  It keeps my creative side interested.  This was a fun project I think I'll be including more often.

Baby Doll Basket for 15" Doll

Bailey, you have been busy! Nice job on all of the doll outfits and cradle. It's fun to see you and Darski speaking doll language and sharing patterns.

Darski, I know you are up to something and any moment you will post picture of something wonderful!

I have more hats to show. Kittens learned to jump the baby gates and now have the whole house to explore. It makes getting in and out of my craft room difficult. They are not allowed in. Too many things in there that can hurt them.

Today I was at Joann's and saw that Bernat Baby Blanket in certain colors were on clearance for $3.97. I got a dark blue and a tan-ish color. I have never worked with #6 yarn before. So I tried a hat with it tonight and I really like it. Don't tell my husband, but I am probably going back for more tomorrow.

post-13802-0-25348100-1399784352_thumb.jpg

PS, can you see where my foster kittens chewed on the label?

Every baby doll needs a blanket and if you are going to hang out in a basket, even more so.  Today I posted a baby doll blanket that I finished to go with the basket I posted Friday.  The project is coming along.

Baby Doll Blanket for 15" doll

I am just finishing a pattern that includes a tri-coloured blankie.  I hope to post it this week and it is worked as a square so it goes quickly.  I'll post the link when I get it done.  Love your blankie especially in that royal purple :wlol

Finally starting to make some progress on getting this doll dressed. 

Baby Doll Sweater, Bonnet, and Booties

Went to a prayer shawl meeting at Church last night.  I've never made one before and I'm the only crocheter in the group, but it was so fun.  I came home and found some leaflets I had and restarted one I began at Church.  They are primarily knitters and the generic crochet pattern troubled me because it had no guage, no hook size and it wasn't inspiring.  So I found a pattern I like and will hopefully have this one finished for next month's meeting.  Found out about another local knitting/crochet group that meets a couple of times a month, too.  I am very excited this morning.

Finally starting to make some progress on getting this doll dressed. 

Baby Doll Sweater, Bonnet, and Booties

Went to a prayer shawl meeting at Church last night.  I've never made one before and I'm the only crocheter in the group, but it was so fun.  I came home and found some leaflets I had and restarted one I began at Church.  They are primarily knitters and the generic crochet pattern troubled me because it had no gauge, no hook size and it wasn't inspiring.  So I found a pattern I like and will hopefully have this one finished for next month's meeting.  Found out about another local knitting/crochet group that meets a couple of times a month, too.  I am very excited this morning.

I do envy you the chance to attend group meetings and especially prayer shawl group. :manyheart

The one challenge I find in the current crop of soft bodied dolls is the fact that you can't just do dresses.  The legs are cloth almost to the ankles.  I do have a MM 19" doll that has vinyl legs from knees down but her arms are so puffy they really limit what you can do/have to do with sleeves.

post-4896-0-43947800-1399997993_thumb.jpg

Darski, your little doll is adorable.

I finished another NICU afghan for the NICU collection here on the Ville. I'm in a Ravelry group that started a couple of months ago and chooses a different Disney movie theme each month, this month is The Princess And The Frog. So I decided to make a yellow, green and white afghan with frog faces.

post-4459-0-21055100-1400026556_thumb.jpg

Wow, everyone has been so busy. Bailey, I love the texture of your doll blanket. Both you and Darski make such great doll outfits. The details you can work out are amazing. I am anxious to see the tri-colored blankie.

Cshort, the frog afghan is adorable. I have to admit that I have not heard of the Princess and the Frog. I guess having no kids or nieces/nephews throws me out of the "loop" on kids stuff.

I did go back and buy all of that blanket yarn that was on clearance. I made 3 hats from the first skein and still have enough left over for at lease 1/2 of another one. That makes each hat less than $1.33 to make. And they work up I less than an hour. Not bad. I washed the first one and it came out great. I am excited that I can make a nice stash for the shelter.

Darski the doll dress is adorable.  I am not too worried about the white coverings showing.  If I was displaying them I'd be more concerned, but for little ones, I figure its nice the dolls are modestly covered when little ones are less than modest with them at times. :lol

Love the frog theme. 

Today's post solved the diaper issue for the 12" donation doll.

Doll Diaper

I finished another NICU afghan for the NICU collection here on the Ville. I'm in a Ravelry group that started a couple of months ago and chooses a different Disney movie theme each month, this month is The Princess And The Frog. So I decided to make a yellow, green and white afghan with frog faces.

attachicon.gifFroggy afghan.JPG

I love that little ghan.  Have a fondness for froggy things myself. :manyheart

My Froggy Stuff

Archived