Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

Got my first Springfield doll for the donation yesterday.  Doll's were on sale so I couldn't use my 50% off coupon.  However, I did have a $10 A.C. Moore rewards certificate.  So I got my first doll for $2.49 plus tax.  Saved over $1 because last week they were $13.99 on sale and I decided to wait.  The certificate is only good until the end of the month and with some family stuff going on I wanted to make sure I got the doll before the certificate expired.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my first Springfield doll for the donation yesterday.  Doll's were on sale so I couldn't use my 50% off coupon.  However, I did have a $10 A.C. Moore rewards certificate.  So I got my first doll for $2.49 plus tax.  Saved over $1 because last week they were $13.99 on sale and I decided to wait.  The certificate is only good until the end of the month and with some family stuff going on I wanted to make sure I got the doll before the certificate expired.

I think I rather prefer the Springfield girls.  They have a quality to them that just makes me smile.  Have fun with her. 

:think You get much better prices than we Canucks get.  They start at $33.oo at Michaels here.

Ouch.  That would have me rethinking my strategy.  I can usually find them in store at full price for $19.99.  If I hunt and wait and get the coupons/sales they range from $10-14.  I try to get two for the Christmas donation.  If I start hunting in January I can usually get both for less than $20 before November, the deadline for the donation.  That leaves me $ to get them dressed. :yes

Darski, Wow, I looked up the exchange rate and it's 90 cents to your dollar, so that is high.

I completed another hat on the Addi machine. It came out great. I love when the machine and the yarn get along. This is more of the cheap Michael's yarn.

post-13802-0-31827500-1394428381_thumb.jpg

that's really nice for just winging it

I like he front post/back post stitch,one of them is a bit difficult for me,but don't remember which one until I'm actually doing it

I gave the wrist a work out the other day,creating a bird nest for the wildlife response team in our area,its three strands of yarn with a H hook

Linda, three strands of yarn with an H hook? How is that even possible? And do you have a picture?

I was working on cat beds last night. Sunshine always tests the new beds but I guess she doesn't understand that the ones that still have pins in them are not really ready for kitty use!

post-13802-0-07576800-1395005521_thumb.jpg

Linda, three strands of yarn with an H hook? How is that even possible? And do you have a picture?

I was working on cat beds last night. Sunshine always tests the new beds but I guess she doesn't understand that the ones that still have pins in them are not really ready for kitty use!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

its possible,I've made many like that in years past,they want them very tight so the baby birds feet don't stick through and cause injury

the original pattern is at Bev's country cottage,when someone from this area was requesting help,

I have so many bags of short balls,it would take forever to get a hat done with them,so decided on the nests,which are 3inches across and 3-4 inches high

I'll see if we are connected to where the pictures are kept,since this is our newer computer,and not everything is set up

I have gotten a goodly bit done last week.  I did get some pics - which has been a challenge for me lately. 

At this time of year the light is never that great to start with. :wlol

The pinafore is a sweet pattern but I did mine with a closed back.

post-4896-0-36273000-1395148208_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-82266500-1395148209_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-75289900-1395148234_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-10379300-1395148236_thumb.jpg

I have finished a couple of outfits that have been WIPs forever but no pics of those yet.

I did post a new 18" doll pattern as well.

Well, back to work.  I made a neat little blankie that needs a sweater and hat to go with :)

Everyone is so busy making so many nice things. 

Denise, your assistance looks very comfortable.

Darski, the doll out fit and hats are very pretty.

Linda, that is amazing.  Thanks for posting the pictures.  Next time I have my 3 stranded cat mats out I am going to try an H hook and see how that works.  I honestly don't think I could pull it off.

Darski, your baby dress and hat are adorable as always.  And I am a BIG fan of your hats.  I checked your profile and it says you started crocheting at 6 and you are 65, so that means you have 59 years experience! Wow, I will have to live to be 102 to get that much experience. I probably need to live that long to use up my yarn stash anyway, so I guess I better start keeping better care of myself.  Anyway, now I understand why your projects always look like perfection! 

I am trying a new hat pattern that I saw Margaret Olander (you tube) do called the "Better Late Than Never".  Have you ever done that one? There are color changes every row but you don't cut off the yarn, you just drop it for one round.  I am getting a bit twisted up between the two colors, but I guess that is normal?   I have not tried the one you did above with "Bird" somewhere in the name.  Does that one do the same, or do you cut off the yarn at each color change?

Linda, that is amazing.  Thanks for posting the pictures.  Next time I have my 3 stranded cat mats out I am going to try an H hook and see how that works.  I honestly don't think I could pull it off.

Darski, your baby dress and hat are adorable as always.  And I am a BIG fan of your hats.  I checked your profile and it says you started crocheting at 6 and you are 65, so that means you have 59 years experience! Wow, I will have to live to be 102 to get that much experience. I probably need to live that long to use up my yarn stash anyway, so I guess I better start keeping better care of myself.  Anyway, now I understand why your projects always look like perfection! 

I am trying a new hat pattern that I saw Margaret Olander (you tube) do called the "Better Late Than Never".  Have you ever done that one? There are color changes every row but you don't cut off the yarn, you just drop it for one round.  I am getting a bit twisted up between the two colors, but I guess that is normal?   I have not tried the one you did above with "Bird" somewhere in the name.  Does that one do the same, or do you cut off the yarn at each color change?

:eek you are right.  My birthday is next month so I will be at the golden jubilee of crocheting. :rofl

The "Birds of a Feather" hat does keep both yarns going while making the various rows.  I do like that one.  Looks good but is not that hard to do or to remember.

I am now heading off to You Tube to look for your recommendation. :crochet

Darski, I should have been a bit more clear. Margaret shows a completed hat but does not do a tutorial. But that won't be a problem for you. If I can figure it out from written directions surely you can. She did however do a tutorial on a tri color cloche, which I am working on right now.

Here is my latest hat. Top done on the Addi machine and the brim is crocheted.

post-13802-0-83636500-1395517887_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifNest top.jpg

attachicon.gifNest side.jpg

here are two views of the nest

I have gotten a goodly bit done last week.  I did get some pics - which has been a challenge for me lately. 

At this time of year the light is never that great to start with. :wlol

The pinafore is a sweet pattern but I did mine with a closed back.

attachicon.gifpina01.jpgattachicon.gifpina02.jpg

attachicon.gifhb018.jpgattachicon.gifhb019.jpg

I have finished a couple of outfits that have been WIPs forever but no pics of those yet.

I did post a new 18" doll pattern as well.

Well, back to work.  I made a neat little blankie that needs a sweater and hat to go with :)

Darski, I should have been a bit more clear. Margaret shows a completed hat but does not do a tutorial. But that won't be a problem for you. If I can figure it out from written directions surely you can. She did however do a tutorial on a tri color cloche, which I am working on right now.

Here is my latest hat. Top done on the Addi machine and the brim is crocheted.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Very nice work. The nest is amazing. A new idea for me. Darski thanks for the link to the pinafore pattern.

So I finally got a picture of the Tri Color Cloche from Yarnspirations. Margaret Olander did do a you tube tutorial on this one and I was glad she did because the instructions made very little sense to me. It is so easy. I am sure I will make more of these.

post-13802-0-92400300-1396240907_thumb.jpg

Archived