Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

I tried using a hanger this time to capture the picture of the Prayer Shawl.  Still not where I want it to be, but getting better.  I'm almost done with a third one.  I just need to weave in the ends.

Double Hug Prayer Shawl

I love that shawl.  I admit that your shawl-ing has got me back to making c2c shawls.  Youse is inspiring :heart

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never made much in the way of human clothing, but there is something about these shawls.  I just keep on making them.  I think part of it is the fun of the different patterns and yarns.

I've never made much in the way of human clothing, but there is something about these shawls.  I just keep on making them.  I think part of it is the fun of the different patterns and yarns.

Absolutely.  I also love the fact that the seniors who receive mine are so pleased to receive them,

As I said, I'm dong some more c2c but I rather want to try one like your double hug version.  How hard can it be :eek

:wlol

Hi everyone,

Well, I made two more hats on the knitting machine. Both from the same skein but look how differently they striped!!

Off to see Billy Joel tonight!!

post-13802-0-82693800-1401663151_thumb.jpg

The prayer shawls seem to be working up pretty quickly.  I should have a nice supply for my meeting next week.  I finished one over the weekend and I just need to get the pictures done.

I've been working through different patterns trying different styles to get a feel for what types of patterns are out there.

Today we have the Textured Prayer Shawl 

The prayer shawls seem to be working up pretty quickly.  I should have a nice supply for my meeting next week.  I finished one over the weekend and I just need to get the pictures done.

I've been working through different patterns trying different styles to get a feel for what types of patterns are out there.

Today we have the Textured Prayer Shawl 

Love that one.  I personally wouldn't want beads on a shawl.  The recipients are more in need of comfort and beads might not be comfortable.

I like the homespun one a lot. You are really going at them quickly.

Someone gave my mom a prayer shawl a few years before she passed away. What is prayer shawl etiquette? What should I do with it? Should I pass it along to someone else?

I like the homespun one a lot. You are really going at them quickly.

Someone gave my mom a prayer shawl a few years before she passed away. What is prayer shawl etiquette? What should I do with it? Should I pass it along to someone else?

I would cover it in prayer and hand it on to someone who has need of it.  If you don't know a cancer patient - or some other illness- then donate it to a seniors centre or your local cancer society. Love is always useful and it's shawl form is especially so :ghug

Thanks Darski and Bailey. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I am sure I can find someone appropriate to give it to. I just wasn't sure if that was ok. I will take a picture of it before I send it along to someone else who could use it.

Here is another crochet hat. This is a very simple pattern. I have made 6 or so of these.

The blue is new yarn and the off white is an open skein from who-knows-when!

post-13802-0-05168500-1402206343_thumb.jpg

Love the style.  The white almost seems to pop. 

Here is another crochet hat. This is a very simple pattern. I have made 6 or so of these.
The blue is new yarn and the off white is an open skein from who-knows-when!
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wow Bailey that one is nice too. I forget how lucky I am to have a Joann's within 6 miles of my house and a coupon practically every Sunday in the paper. Once a few years ago I found some Homespun on clearance for $1 a skein at Michaels. They were odds and ends as far as colors go, but since I mostly make hats, it was a great find.

I hope you have fun at your gathering tonight!

The great thing about prayer shawls is that they are like dishcloths in that you can try new stitch patterns (within reason) and add to your crochet toolbox.  I'm so pleased that you are getting this time with others. :manyheart

Tranquil Diamonds Prayer Shawl

This was the last one I finished before the meeting.  I'm working on another Homespun one now.  I'm starting to get the interest back in dolls again, which is good because I still need to get some outfits done, and fall creeps up quickly.  I'm not sure how often this group is going to meet over the summer, so if I can get a few done while getting back into the doll stuff it would work out well.

Archived