Help me I'm obsessed!!

I am totally completely obsessed with crochet, yarn and hooks. I spent close to 40 bucks at Michael's on yarn....yeesh!! Good thing I get paid next week...

:cheer:hook:cheer:c9

My husband is going to kill me...hahaha!!

I now have planned a Waterspun Afghan and two hats, one to be trimmed with Fun Fur for my neice.

Arghhhh lol

Robin

We have all been there and still are. Soon the obsession will turn to buying huge cones of yarn on eBay, wooden hooks, etc. You'll see. My husband just shakes his head slowly and my 5 year old keeps telling me I have enough yarn-stop!

We have all been there and still are. Soon the obsession will turn to buying huge cones of yarn on eBay, wooden hooks, etc. You'll see. My husband just shakes his head slowly and my 5 year old keeps telling me I have enough yarn-stop!

I have to laugh reading this ... I NEVER thought I would get to those points - you know, the huge cones of yarn, and the wooden hooks, the yummy, yummy handspun yarns :drool - but the time will come, believe you me, the time WILL come ...

Dh and I were kidding around about winning the lottery, and I said the first thing I would do would turn all my yucky ww yarn into Q hook charity ghans, then I'd buy beautiful, gorgeous yarns and make things like blankets and ponchos, which I couldn't dream of doing now. We could even build a house with a special yarn room just for all that yarn ...

:lol

:fame I have a closet (insert 10' long walk in) full of yarn, fabric and beads and I still buy more yarn. I have great skeins of wools, fun fur and blends hanging from hooks. I have baskets overflowing with yummy hand-dyes. I have many many project bags overflowing with WIPs and all their yarn. I have a laundry basket full of balls of leftovers, too. There was a while there about this time last year when I got a package a day from some e-bay seller with my latest addition to my stash. I have been known to stop at the LYS on the way home from work, get yarn, shove it in my project bag and hide the shopping bag in a seat back so no one at home will know I actually bought more yarn!

The nice thing is, now, most of the time, I go "shopping" in my stash before heading out. That's not to say I don't still buy more... I just at least start with what I have...

I am a yarn-aholic!:eek

I am a yarnacholic too! I say it proudly sisters and brothers of the fiber! I have the unstoppable urge to aquire more yarn than I could possibly work up in two lifetimes. My 19 year old daughter told me I'm grounded from yarn, but that doesn't stop me. I need MORE YARN!

Now of course too I *HAD* to order a Q hook for the Homespun I bought. lol.

omg thank goodness i am in good company....I "hid" all the yarn in my night table drawer lol....

I was whipping along through my first afghan last nite thinking of all the yarn i needed for various projects I am interested in....yikes...lol

Robin

(i am expecting a wood hook too haha)

I'm so fortunate to be completely unattached! I have no husband, boyfriend, or children to harrass me about the hundreds of dollars I spend every month on YARN!

However, when I die and the family comes to clean out my place, they will discover what a nut I have become. Every drawer, every closet, and every spare space in my apartment is overflowing with yarn. I've finally resorted to buying numerous large rubbermaid tubs to stash yarn in. These are now stacked all over my bedroom and in the spare bedroom.

It's a hereditary addiction though. My grandmother was the same way. When she died, we found her entire basement full of box after box of yarn and other crochet and knitting goodies. She easily had enough to run a yarn shop right out of her basement!

It's really strange though how fast this addiction can hit you! Two weeks ago I hardly thought about crochet...now WHAM...here I am working like a madwoman each night on my afghan, searching yarn all over the net and buying lovely wooden hooks lol.

I better start stocking up on those rubbermaid storage thingies.....;)

Robin

I usually don't show dear hubby "all" of my Michael's purchases at one time, I sort of just let them appear on the couch as if they were always there. :think

:skeletonYep I do the same thing.

:thinkMen just dont understand the need/demand/addiction to crafty things. Hooks, yarn, threads, patterns....ah... You can never really have enough.There is always something new to try, new colors coming out, new patterns....ok. i need to run to hobby lobby ..:drive

Hi, I'm Aisling, and I'm a yarnaholic.

I can usually keep myself from actually buying all the yarn I see, but I can't resist looking at it. Lately, I've been trying to force myself to make things with the yarn I already have, but then I'll run out before I finish a project, so I'll have to buy another skein of that yarn... and I'll see another... and another... and another... AAARRGGHH!!! animal0083.gif

Hi, my name is Sandra and I'm a yarnaholic! LOL

I stay away from ebay just because it's sooo easy to spend too much, but I still go to Hobby Lobby, Joann's, and AC Moore on a regular basis and spend too much. And I do it with NO project in mind, but just because I HAVE to have that particular yarn at that moment :eek . And hooks? Well, we can never have too many can we? When my husband asks why I've bought yet another hook (I tend to hide the yarn before he sees it) I simply tell him that our lovely son has stolen my hooks again and I had to replace them to finish the current WIPs!! lol :hook

You think your bad...check out the second set of pictures I've posted...me standing next to a truck load of yarn. :D

My husband and I went to a barn sale and I bought everything there...I couldn't resist...the price was too good...hahaha:lol

ps...and I still buy more yarn...:eek

Linda :hook

http://photos.yahoo.com/yetieddy

:skeletonYep I do the same thing.

:thinkMen just dont understand the need/demand/addiction to crafty things. Hooks, yarn, threads, patterns....ah... You can never really have enough.There is always something new to try, new colors coming out, new patterns....ok. i need to run to hobby lobby ..:drive

<<<clears throat>>> ummm non needleworkers :)

Robert.

ARe you kidding ??? Give up my yarn?? :eek hahahahaha:lol

I've sold all the rug yarn I had. Now I miss it. :lol

But I still have a room that is 10 x 10 full of it. It's my own private yarn store. Everyone I show it to is shocked to say the least. :lol

Might I add ladies and gent.....Michaels has a very nice sale on Homespun.....$3.47 a skein....which is why I went bozo and bought up six skeins of Waterfall not to mention two skeins of Red Heart in a cool blue/purple color for my sister and neices hats, a pack of purple fun fur (also on sale) to trim my neice's hat with and three skeins of Red Heart for a friend's birthday present.

Let's not mention the hooks I bought on Ebay nor the beautiful TOTC hook I am awaiting eagerly.

*sigh* must go to work today to support my new habit lol

Robin:hook :manyheart

Here is my new treasure: lol

SmallStash-vi.jpg

don't feel bad, i have a 10x12 room stuffed from top to bottom with yarn and now it has over run out into the dining room. living room is getting there too LOL but i must buy more yarn., i find though that i actually save money even with shipping when i buy off of e-bay, i just got 12 pounds of chenille for 32 and that included shipping lol is not a hobby is a need lol told my hubby this and he is starting to understand he says lol hmmm wonder where i should put the rest of it :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

ARe you kidding ??? Give up my yarn?? :eek hahahahaha:lol

I've sold all the rug yarn I had. Now I miss it. :lol

But I still have a room that is 10 x 10 full of it. It's my own private yarn store. Everyone I show it to is shocked to say the least. :lol

Archived