Hobby Lobby Yarn shortage?

jlvking

I have been trying to get some for weeks now and the shelves are always really bare. I'm hoping to finish a pink and red project but so far haven't been able to. No one at the store know what is going on. Is anyone else having problems?

I think I read somewhere on Ravelry that Hobby Lobby is changing manufacturers for the I Love This Yarn (and Cotton and Wool) brand. My Hobby Lobby shelves are pretty bare of the ILTY, but the other yarns are fully stocked.

• 2 weeks later...

they told me when I called HL that they were changing manufacturer and they were hoping that it would be available in the spring.  Well spring is here and nothing has changed.  I am very upset with HL right now.

exactly which ones do you need, kind (I love this yarn?), how much? I am going to ours next week and maybe they have it.  The last time I was there our shelves had plenty of yarn but I don't know if it is what you need.

For the past maybe two months the closest HL has had very bare shelves on the ww side.  The baby yarn, specialty, and cottons are all pretty nicely stocked.  Unfortunately for me, it's the ww yarn that I've needed and have had a hard time finding.

I have been trying to get some for weeks now and the shelves are always really bare. I'm hoping to finish a pink and red project but so far haven't been able to. No one at the store know what is going on. Is anyone else having problems?

having the same problem in my area. finally spoke to an employee that knew what was going on. HL is switching the manufacturer of the *label* for the 'I Love This Yarn' so that the new labels are all "pre-priced" instead of each store having to put price stickers on each skein. The new company is giving them a little trouble, and they should have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

• 1 month later...

I went back to HL for more of the color I started an afghan with, and could get only two of the three skeins of ILTY worsted in Dark Denim that I think I'll need. They told me they were changing labels and didn't know when there would be more. I'll have to change the whole design of the afghan if I run out of this color -- grrrrr.

If only there were some warning system for this kind of issue -- also when manufacturers decide to discontinue colors. Of course, that's impossible . . . .

However, after a visit -- very brief indeed --  to a fancy" yarn shop the other day, I was reminiscing to myself about the good old days when yarn shops carried "workhorse" worsted weight yarns in lots of color ranges at reasonable prices, not just extravagant wool yarns. And -- gasp -- personalized service. Also, I don't think I would have gotten this kind of comment when I mentioned that I crochet: "Well, that's all right, too."  More silly knitting snobbery.

Unfortunately, there are no Hobby Lobby stores at all in my area and I used to order ILTY when CraftsEtc carried it and at great sale prices. After reading these posts, I had to be nosy and check out the website. Wow, kind of sad that the marjority of yarn is out of stock.

Hopefully, it is just a minor shortage and that the shelves will be stocked very soon, both online and in the stores. It makes me wonder why things are always being changed when they seemed to work well before.

Am glad I ordered when I did. Good luck to those waiting for the yarn.

LI Roe

• 3 weeks later...

I am sooooo upset started this beautiful aphgan in light peach and now am stuck with it half made. I found some in one store but it was the wrong shade. I hope they do get it back.

ii

I feel your pain! I was designing an afghan with hl dark denim as the main color, but now having to alternate with gray squares. Won't be at all what I planned.

Archived