yarnjeannie

Kathleen Early Doll

15 posts in this topic

I crocheted this Kathleen Early doll for a Grange Fair entry in 2011. Finally got around to crocheting a diaper for him, as he was "buck-nekkid"! I didn't have a diaper pattern, so I winged it. Next will be a little shirt or a little layette type jacket for him.

I would like to try another of these dolls- It was fun to see it taking shape every day.

post-14127-0-02625900-1361367461_thumb.jpg

Edited by yarnjeannie
2 people like this

I am simultaneously tempted and horrified at her patterns and their level of complication.   You did a beautiful job!

Kathleen Early does have a website - just google "Kathleen Early dolls" and you should be able to locate her website.

Her patterns are somewhat complicated - may not be for the beginning crocheter, but when I ran into a problem with the directions for the doll's hands, I contacted the designer through the website, and she kindly got back to me with the clarification I needed to complete the hands.

You did an amazing job on the pattern because they don't always come out cute looking as yours.

I'm curious as to what kind of yarn they take- ww or sport weight and how tall is the one you made?

I used worsted weight yarn for this doll. I am not sure of the height, but I would guess-timate about 15 inches tall in a seated position.

Edited by yarnjeannie