Hi from Ireland!

espap

Hi all,

I found your community from a british crochet blog. I am Esther, 30, living in N. Ireland and recently started crocheting. A very eventful start full of mistakes I hasten to add. So... I am here to learn, please share your knowledge!

I just got my first book of patterns and I am already stuck. (see my blog for more details http://www.naturallynice.blogspot.com/ )

The pattern asks for Jamieson's 2-ply Spindrift wool. I had a look at the british online yarn shops to no avail. Any idea what I can substitute it with?

Thank you very much

Esther

Hi Esther :cheer and Welcome to Crochetville from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

I am visiting your blog right now! You scanned pretty scarves! You are right, they look difficult... In my bog you can find my scarves by clicking in my Gallery and then in the Scarve's album.

I love your country Ireland!

Hi and welcome from Atlanta, GA. I have the Vogue book, and what I don't like about it is that most of the yarns are hard to find. But when I looked up the Jamieson's Spindrift online, it said "This yarn is traditionally used for Fair Isle knitting." So I laughed, because that's in your neck of the woods (sort of) LOL.

It also says that it "is a 2ply jumper weight yarn, equivalent to 4 ply." And the gauge is 30 st/32 rows to 10 cm/4 in. That gauge (and the picture of the scarf) seems like a fingering/lace weight yarn to me.

So I would recommend looking for a fingering weight wool yarn with the same gauge. not sure what yarn brands you have access to over there, other than Colinette..

Again, welcome! hope this helps.

and friendly bunch of people you all are!!!! :clap

Thank you very much for your welcomes and replies to my questions, I am already learning fast!

Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope I will be able to show something more than scanned pictures of scarves I want to finish! LOL. On Monday I am going to pay a visit to my local yarn stock, I have no idea what I will find there, but I will surely print off your replies and take the book with me too so hopefully I will start on Monday!!

Thanks again, you have warmed my heart!

Love

Esther

Hi all,

I found your community from a british crochet blog. I am Esther, 30, living in N. Ireland and recently started crocheting. A very eventful start full of mistakes I hasten to add. So... I am here to learn, please share your knowledge!

I just got my first book of patterns and I am already stuck. (see my blog for more details http://www.naturallynice.blogspot.com/ )

The pattern asks for Jamieson's 2-ply Spindrift wool. I had a look at the british online yarn shops to no avail. Any idea what I can substitute it with?

Thank you very much

Esther

Hello Esther and :welcome to Crochetville! I am in Montana, USA. We are glad to have you with us.

Hi Esther!! Welcome! I used to live down in Dublin, but spent a lot of time up in Co. Tyron around the Dungannon area. Went into Belfast a time or two, up to the Giants Causeway, had some nights out in Eniskillen etc etc etc. I love it up in the North - very pretty country you have! So glad to have you join us! :hug

Archived