Cable Scarf (Etaria's design!)

magdiego

I just finished one of Etaria's cable scarf designs (The Avalanche), and I love it! It was such a fun pattern to work on - not so hard that I got frustrated, but not so easy that I got bored. Once I got the pattern down, it went pretty quickly, too.

Anyway, here it is:

th_CableScarf.jpg

And here's my daughter Shay modeling it (she's only 5, so it's waaay to big):

th_CableScarf2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Mary

Wow, Mary! That's really impressive.

I'm trying to imagine how much I'd need to learn before I'd be ready to make that kind of scarf. What sort of stitches are involved?

That's absolutely fantastic Mary! I think that is truly one of the best scarves I've seen. I can't believe that the pattern wasn't frustrating though. It looks very hard to do! Then again, I'm more or less still a beginner so I'm probably not the best judge.

Thanks, everyone, for your compliments! This really was one of my favorite projects to do, I'm still kind of of glowing over it! :c9

Snapkat, the stitches were sort of new to me. It has popcorn, which I hadn't done before, but is really easy after the first one, and lots of front post stitches. I'd done that before, but not in a cable pattern. Etaria's pattern has lots of step-by-step pictures, though, so that helped a lot.

I've been crocheting for years, but mostly little stuff, and usually not from a pattern, so this was a good experience for me, to follow a pattern that closely.

Mary

Archived