2012 North Carolina State Fair project

crochetbug13

There were times I definitely had to consider the possibility this would not be done in time for the fair, but friends sent me crochet mojo and some of their insomnia, and I worked through the night and got it done. You can read about it here. This picture does not have the best light, but it was the best light I could find under the circumstances.

I am happy to report that not only did I get this turned in on time, but it earned a blue ribbon in its category (afghans with 2+ colors), and is so big that even I can't steal all the covers.

post-43348-135897781425_thumb.jpg

LegalWoman17, I am thrilled to report that you called it correctly. This piece is, indeed, getting a blue ribbon. After last year's debacle where they displayed my entry folded with the back side showing and in a display case away from ALL of the other entries (and it was an honorable mention), this is at least a step in the right direction. I haven't been yet, so I don't know that they have it displayed they way the did all of the other entries, but will be eating funnel cakes and checking that out on Friday.

Archived