Hi From Kentucky

terisilv

Hi all,

Just found this forum surfing around and had to join! I'm 52, recently retired and gone back to school full time, and am rediscovering my passion for crochet. I've completed 3 afghans in about as many months since I started crocheting seriously again.

I love afghans, but I also really like thread crochet, and at one time made over 100 snowflakes for a Christmas tree. I'm anxious to get started on those again.

I'm also going to try some doilies and crocheted edges on "piller slips" as my grandmother (also a crocheter) used to call them.

I've been doing some charity crochet work, and plan to donate my next afghan to be auctioned off for Hurricane Katrina victims.

I live on 12 acres in rural Northeastern Kentucky with my husband, 2 dogs, and 4 cats. Besides crocheting, I love counted cross stitch, sewing, reading, and computers. I also sell romance books on Amazon.

I'm looking forward to "meeting" all of you nice folks, hook on!!!

welcome from washington state. glad you found our village, you will love it here, is a bunch of great awesome people, both men and women, which are always happy to try and help you if ya need it. nice to meet you too:D :D

Hi there,

and welcome. I am also an age 52 woman, seriously rediscovering my passion for crocheting now, and also living on retirement in South Central Kentucky.

And to top it all of, I also have completed three afghans in as many months.:eek

Now how much more might we have in common than this? I am looking forward to finding out just how much.:hook

You will enjoy it here, it has been a lot of fun for me since I joined in the Spring.

AND AGAIN,:welcome.

Kathy

Archived