color preferences to work with....or not?

just wondering, what colors you all DON'T like to work with, for one reason or another, but you do anyway, when you have to....even though you know it's not going to be a pretty end result as far as your concerned anyway... :crocheting

the other side, being of course your favortite colors of yarns to work with that always seem to turn out really good, cause you like the colors.Does any of this make sense??

For me, it's brown, don't like brown much and don't know why, trouble staying focused if I have to work with it, and of course I don't or can't work with that or black, without having my "runway lights" on in the craft room! ha ha. But i do work with black, just during the day though if needed... Ok, Just wondering! :think any other colors, seem fine to work with for me....

Red, hate red. But am doing a star baby blanket with white, red & blue (team spirit), & red. It's the parents favorite color. I also have to make a scarf in red, white & black for my nephew.

I love working with blues, teals, aquas, certain greens, purples, my favorite colors

I DO NOT like orange. Every time I have seen something in orange this last season I have literally steared away from it. Hate it! Don't know why either.

I am completely in love with blues of any hue but my all time favorites are Royal Blue and Cobalt Blue. My mother always said it was my love and facination with the ocean that triggered the love for this color. Of course, she loves blue too and she never saw an ocean until she was 23 and came to the USA! :think

Li'l Sis has an emotional reaction to most shades of yellow, and I have the same response (negative) to Orange. We can handle the muted, fall-ish colors like pumpkin and buttercream.

Black is tough for me unless I'm using a very lacy pattern and a hook in high contrast color. I bought 10 skeins of a silk/bamboo yarn in black (on sale) so I'm making a very lacy tunic, and considering it a lesson learned.

I LOVE shades of blue and green, especially when it's the varigated blue into green. For some reason I absolutely love the varigated and striped yarns.

Of course my Boyfriend, 2 best friends, 2 co-workers, and sister have each have a 3-year old daughter, so lucky me, I'm up to my elbows in pink and purple...

I wasn't aware so many hated orange! lol Had a friend that hated orange and clowns both, had nightmares about clowns dressed all in orange for a while, poor thing!! Yeah, the more narrow stripes don't appeal much to me too, in any color, i prefer wider when possible!!

Brown. Boring, boring, boring BORING color. Mud. Dead leaves. A lot of brown at once is enough to make me give up crochet. Almost. I don't mind much for an accent color, but much of it is a definite thumbs down.

I used to despise pink, but I've made my peace with it, and actually enjoy working with some shades now.

I have never liked blue and red together, but do it occasionally.

Black is hard, but unavoidable sometimes. I'm really glad RHSS is doing a charcoal gray again - it can substitute a lot of places for black.

I'n pretty neutral as regards the reds, oranges,yellows. Love blues, greens, and purples leaning to blue rather than red. In general, I prefer cool to warm colors.

I try to stay away from what I call pukey baby pastels unless I absolutely have to. They are boring. I prefer bright, almost tropical colors, rich jewel tones, basically any color.

Hmmm...colors I don't like working with...that's a toughie...I prefer jewel tones, least prefer pastels unless it's for baby things and even then...tans and browns not found of, but sometimes you have to use them if you're making something for someone and that's what they want. Don't mind black, but yeah it can be a challenge sometimes.

I've never had a problem with black but I can understand why some people do. The darker colors are harder to see.

I think I have more of a problem when I'm making something for someone else and I just do not like the combination of colors they picked for themselves.

Red and green. Unless of course it is Christmas time.

Reds all seem to have so many shades and it is hard to match. And I just have never liked green.

I do tend to stay away from black unless I have to, but that is just because it is harder to see what you are doing while working with it.

I love all colors, if the texture is nice, but am partial to fall colors. I guess my least favorite is white.

I think you are the first person I have found that does not like white.

I'm not big on the primary colors, basic red, purple, blue, green, yellow. But I love the shades of those colors, like burgundy wine, lavender or lilac, steel blue, sky blue, royal blue, just hate forest green, and love sage, olive or mint. I really enjoy ecru/white/tan/black/greys of all shades, also taupe (a greyish brown). They are terrific background colors and make any stripes/florals or designs of any shape or color POP!!!

Pastels are soothing and soften the look of any apparel. I stay away from neons and only use orange in the fall, although I do like peach.

Isn't it marvelous how we each have favoites and least favorites....how dull the world would be if we all had the same tastes....:wink:manyheart

• 8 months later...

this is an old post, but thought it deserved another run, so many yet out there to comment, lol My least fav. is brown, simply don't care much for the color, but I do use it when i must. And black is hard to see at night, but love it for putting granny squares together as the background, not too many more colors i don't like, i think pastels are precious, jewel tones, just lovely, primary's bright and cheerful, and fall tones are pretty, nuetrals, easy to  coordinate, and what did I forget, uh....ocean colors, i love those, blues, greens, aqua's and sands and corals.... Well, needless to say, to each her own when it comes to YARN!! Fact remains, we all love yarn!!!!!!

Not really got a favorite color to work with but I hate working with Black it is so hard to see. If you have to recount your stitches or God forbid the rows it is near impossible.  I do like bright colors pinks orange bright greens

I do like dark brown, dark blue and black, but I only work on them in natural daylight or occasionally with my Ott light. I have great eyesight, but working on them at night will make my eyes sooooo tired.

I don't like neon colors.

I have never liked orange, pink, or puke green. I rarely use orange, and then it will be in small amounts. A lot of times I substiture peach for orange. If I use pink, it has to be just so, and I use other colors with it. I don't use puke green.

I love greens, blues and aquas the most. Sometimes purples. Nice yellows and peaches. I like to make rainbow items.

For me there are certain color combos that just mesh together really well and some don't. I personally don't like light pink but I like raspberry.  It is all about perspective and taste. I do love love all shades of blue and most shades of purple (they are my favorite colors), I also like browns as they go well with blue, particularily Cafe. Shades of green I like as well, except pastel...eww. I often change colors in a pattern based on taste or if it is a gift for someone else.

Archived