FCEC felted bagalong

firemanshunny

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooo!! Me too!! Me too!! I love variety and COLOR!! And pictures!! I won't even attempt a pattern that doesn't have a picture. :lol

Ginny, I wouldn't say you're slower than anyone....sc is just a slow working stitch, IMO.

Okay, I think I have decided what to do with this. I was originally going to give this bag to a friend for her schooling, BUT my SIL is having her first baby and I wanted to do something "special" (besides a blanket) for her.

Ladies, I've never had infants, would this bag work as a diaper/baby bag? Or is it entirely too small with a lack of compartments that would make it more of a bother for bottles and stuff????

It might work as a smaller diaper bag for quick trips (to the store, etc.). A few diapers and a travel container of wipes would definately fit. I can JUST fit a couple magazines in mine so you can get an idea of the size.

Oh man y'all are so tempting me! I wonder if Bernats Lana can be substituted, its 100% merino wool?

And landscapes does felt....well too. its just bulky! I made a tote using one strand, dc, J hook...and it was very bumpy. But felted! I only ran it threw the wash twice and it shrunk well.

Oh man y'all are so tempting me! I wonder if Bernats Lana can be substituted, its 100% merino wool?

I used the Lana and it worked well. I felted (fulled?) it this morning and it is drying. I am working on getting the photos here.

Someone asked about dyeing the bag during felting. While looking at all the pretty pictures on Crochetville, I found a thread where someone did just that! Her bag started out as white and ended up pink. Search using 'ditty bag' and you should be able to find the thread as I don't know how to link....yet. :hook

It might work as a smaller diaper bag for quick trips (to the store, etc.). A few diapers and a travel container of wipes would definately fit.

I agree. When my son was much younger I had a special small diaper bag for when I was just running to the store or the library or what have you and It was just one big open area that held a diaper, a small pack of wipe, a bottle, and burp rag. I probably used it more than I did my "real" diaper bag.

Oh, GOOD!! :cheer I'm so happy to get that feedback! :hug THANK YOU!!!

I was just thinking this morning of what colors to use...she's not finding out the sex, so I was gonna do a beige of some sort and maybe a couple pastel colored stripes??

Or I could go totally primary colors? Haven't decided that part, but that'll require another trip to the LYS to know for sure.... :think I'm always so undecided when I do gifts. I HATE that!

I'm not doing this CAL but I have done this bag. I posted onehttp://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14225

For the handles I didn't like the way they had them so I used the Clover wonder knitter and did i-cord. They turned out nice and sturdy.

I just completed another(I'll be posting it shortly under accessories) and I did the handles with double thickness DC(DC folded back on itself and SC together). They turned out nice as well:clap :cheer:yay

I used Knitpicks.com "Wool of the Andes"- 4 skeins of Carrot and 1 skein of Daffodil. Less than $10!

Wow! I have got to try that yarn! Nothing better than great looking yarn at a great price. I love your purse!

I love love love love love love love love love love love your bag and the colors you chose!!!! I have got to get this magazine!!!

Yay I'm jumping in too I just received enough Patons wool from my wonderful fall swap partner mumbles17! I'm excited about my first felted project... let the addiction begin! :clap

:frog

I am at row 27 and just has to switch to the second ball of yarn. I'm concerned now, that even with the striping I'm doing, I'm not going to have enough yarn!!!!

I think you will especially if you are doing stripes of a CC. Don't worry too much and if you seem a little short, start making your tab from the other end before you finish off. That way if you have to rip back a row or two it won't be difficult.

I am at row 27 and just has to switch to the second ball of yarn. I'm concerned now, that even with the striping I'm doing, I'm not going to have enough yarn!!!!

This was a concern of mine. I was on row 20 something when I started on the second ball. I really started getting nervous when on row 50 I realized that maybe I needed to start on the tab and the handles. After completing the tab and the handles, I might have enough MC to place one more row on the body. If not, I will just use the CC. I know I had the stitch gauge, but I don't think I measured for the row, so that could quite possibly be the reason for not having enough yarn. Oh, well I don't have to wear the thing :)

Archived