FCEC felted bagalong

firemanshunny

This will be the last time I ask... I swear :blush! I've never done this and after all those sc I don't want to mess it up. Can somebody tell me if the spinning (after the rinsing) in the washing machine will damage my purse? :think I don't have a way to stop the machine (it's coin operated and it locks the door). Do you think I'll be better doing the felting using the sink method? Thanks. :hug

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any of you that have an AC Moore's craft store near you...I just looked at this weeks flyer, and Paton's wool is on sale for $3.88.

Guess where I am going after work!!!!

NOOOOOO, I was just there yesterday, Oh I am so bummed. But it's just as well, I am working on something else and I want to order from knitpicks.

This will be the last time I ask... I swear :blush! I've never done this and after all those sc I don't want to mess it up. Can somebody tell me if the spinning (after the rinsing) in the washing machine will damage my purse? :think I don't have a way to stop the machine (it's coin operated and it locks the door). Do you think I'll be better doing the felting using the sink method? Thanks. :hug

Everything I have read about felting says that the bag will become mishapen if spun. That said, I did spin my other felted bag for a couple of seconds to help get the water out. I don't know if I'd chance a whole spin cycle...actually it would sit thorugh 2 spin cycles, wouldn't it? Why don't you try going to a different laundromat where you can open the door?

I don't know the answer, but if I didn't have total control of the washer's functions I would probably do the sink method.

I don't know the answer, but if I didn't have total control of the washer's functions I would probably do the sink method.

mine locks too -- front loader

I'll be at the neighbor's or the laundromat.........bummer!

I just wanted to share with you some pics :photo of my finished purse (pre-felt and felted/drying view). I'm in love :manyheart with my new bag.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/Lanik/pre-felt.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/Lanik/felted.jpg

~Eliany :hook

It turned out so pretty!

I'll get to start mine soon. I'm almost finished with a baby blanket I'm making as a gift.:yay

I just wanted to share with you some pics :photo of my finished purse (pre-felt and felted/drying view). I'm in love :manyheart with my new bag.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/Lanik/pre-felt.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/Lanik/felted.jpg

Very nice!!!! I love the colors. What did brand/colors did you use to make it?

Well I am making progress. I finished round 45 today so hopefully I will get this finished this weekend. I'm not sure I understand the last part of the pattern though. Do we do three rounds of slip stitiches for the edginging on the top?:think

Very nice!!!! I love the colors. What did brand/colors did you use to make it?

Thank you so much everybody! :hug I had a great time doing this CAL.

The brand of the yarn I used is Galway Highland Heather by Plymouth and the colors are 718 (mauve/lavenderish color) and 738 (sage green like color). I don't know if it's available in big arts & crafts stores (I got it from a small local yarn store).

th_PA180114.jpg

Here is my bag! I finished it on Wednesday. I'm super pleased wtih the results!

Rachel it's gorgeous!:manyheart

I'm planning on striping mine, too.

Airmedh--I had a little trouble with the stripes since i didnt dot he slip stitch to join--so if you look closely, you can see they're off on the first and last stictch..but it doesnt matter to me!!

Thanks ladies! I, too, bought more yarn for another one. The next will be black with bright pink stripes of some sort.

Archived