FCEC felted bagalong

firemanshunny

Today I'm on row 26. It's slow going but I'm looking forward to my little tote so I try to keep chugging along.....

I don't kow if I can keep doing this today though. I'm sc'd out! :( What is it that makes the sc so tedious :? I made Marlo's Ribbon Weave Felted Tote. I think it was hdc's and I finished that bag real quick.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started the bag late yesterday evening-I am using Patons Merino Classic Wool in burgundy. The yarn was bought at the Smiley's sale-

I am up to row 28-I have 3 works in progress-

i have all the parts crocheted-now i have to attach handles and flap.

what was size of button u used for the flap-

i am going to attach flap to back outside not inside-

has anyone else done this?

unfelted what was size of your bag?.

73189201_eafe862bf1_m.jpg I love the way this turned out!!

FCEC bag Fall/Winter 2005

Made from handspum turquoise wool and Vintage Patons Moorland DK 100% wool

Before: 13"H x 18 1/2"W After: 9"H X 12"W

Base before: 14 1/2"L x 4 1/2"W Base after: 9"L x 4"W

Cell phone bag made from same, from FCEC pattern

I need help! :think

After starting the project ages ago, I finally have a fulled bag....at least it's in parts anyhow. :lol

After reading and learning from your mistakes, I decided to assemble my bag after I fulled it. The problem? After sewing the first couple of stitches, I noticed that they really stand out! :eek To those of you who assembled your bag after you fulled it, how did you put it together? To me, it seems that regular thread will not be strong enough. I'm not sure what to do. All I know is I really don't like the look of the bag with very prominent stitches. Help!

I used some quilting thread I had, doubled, and sewed the pieces together and it's very strongly held and totally invisible. Worked good for me.

After starting the project ages ago, I finally have a fulled bag....at least it's in parts anyhow. :lol

After reading and learning from your mistakes, I decided to assemble my bag after I fulled it. The problem? After sewing the first couple of stitches, I noticed that they really stand out! :eek To those of you who assembled your bag after you fulled it, how did you put it together? To me, it seems that regular thread will not be strong enough. I'm not sure what to do. All I know is I really don't like the look of the bag with very prominent stitches. Help!

Thanks for the ideas...I'm not sure which I'm going to do yet.

I had thought of hand fulling the stitches but I just wasn't sure how that would turn out. That is what I prefer to do.

Jewels, do you mean that clear thread that quilters use to do the stippling on quilts? If so, that sounds like a great idea. Hmm....I may just have to go find a quilting store today!

Gina Laughed--

I attached mine after felting as well. And once I got the hang of it, it worked. I used my mc yarn, strung it through a metal needle,and tied a knot in the end so it was two strands thick (with the needle in the center). And sewed in the center of each of the handles, then, not being satisfied that that was strong enough, took my contrasting color and sewed around the outside of the circles. Then I also too took the contrasting color and tacked down the handles higher up than the circle, wrapping the cc several times around the handle and through to the back of the bag. This limits the stress on the top of the circle where it was joined to the bag. I don't have a good picture of this but can take one if you need it.

I this bag a while back and I'm working on another one now.

At first, I assembled mine, but I didn't like the strap placement after I was done, so I very carefully cut it, and moved it. I used embroidery floss to sew the bag together.

You can see the bag here.

I used the colored handquilting thread, not clear. It's just like sewing thread but of a heavier weight so it's very strong.

Thanks for the ideas...I'm not sure which I'm going to do yet.

Jewels, do you mean that clear thread that quilters use to do the stippling on quilts? If so, that sounds like a great idea. Hmm....I may just have to go find a quilting store today!

Archived