FCEC felted bagalong

firemanshunny

Would anyone be interested in doing a crochet along for the felted bag in the FCEC? I have seen a bunch of people say that they want to try it. I know that there are a ton of CAL's already but really don't we need more??? :devil

It October 1st and this CAL has started!! Hope you all good luck! Please make sure to post pictures of what you have made so that we can all see the different things being done!

Anyone can join at any time! That's the great thing about crochet alongs!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to. I wanted to make it as soon as I saw that.

As long as there is no pressure to complete by a certain time! I've got quite a few projects in my queue. (But I can add another, can you ever really have too many projects going at once?)

Woo hoo!!! I've been waiting for a new Crochet-a-long to start and I've never done a felt project before so I would love to try it if you all don't mind helping me from time to time. Just so I know are we talking about the Tote Bag on p. 28 of the magazine? Any suggestions for what yarn to buy?

Woo hoo!!! I've been waiting for a new Crochet-a-long to start and I've never done a felt project before so I would love to try it if you all don't mind helping me from time to time. Just so I know are we talking about the Tote Bag on p. 28 of the magazine? Any suggestions for what yarn to buy?

That would be the one! I used the Paton's wool and mine came out great. You can use any yarn that is 100% wool. Don't not use anything that says superwash on it. If you need help just ask!!

Count me in! Count me in! :clap

I just bought my wool :2sheep yesterday for this project. I'm about to finish a scarf for a friend and then, I'll start the bag right away (that should be early this week)!

Thank you for starting this CAL! :yay I'm so excited.

i think i'll join in on this as well, though i have a heap of scarves to finish. buti'll use this as motivation for that, and really get cracking when i'll have time sitting on a plane to new york in two weeks. it's about time i broke away from scarves, right?

i'm having a similar problem; thinking "of course i can get that magazine!" i joined this cal only to find omaha is apparently an interweave-only zone. i'm going to keep looking, but i am losing hope. :(

I've been dying to do a felted bag but the pattern I ordered last month has not arrived yet. :angry Since I happen to have the yarn and the magazine I thought I would jump in on this one.

Funny story: Since this CAL was originally posted I've been looking all over town for the mag. I finally called JoAnn's (I just hadn't had time to run by there) and they had the magazine! So.....I jumped in the Jeep and went to JoAnn's right away...only to find that I already had the magazine! :blush:lol I've been working on the Living on the Edge poncho (p. 54) for my daughter as a b-day gift!

Ok....now...back to business. I'm already having trouble with this bag. :( When I repeat row 2 of the bag base where it says, 'sc in turning ch'. Am I missing something here? It doesn't say to 'ch 1, turn' like it does on row 1. Am I supposed to do this anyway? Plz help!!! Also...can someone explain why we are skipping the first sc? I hesitate to continue on because I just feel like I'm doing it wrong.

Anyone who is looking for the mag....I found one on eBay for sale here. Also, I'm not well known around here but I'm willing to buy the magazine for you and mail it to anyone who is desperate. :D The JoAnn's here has about 5 or 6 copies left and I live very close to the store and to the post office, so it's not a big inconvience at all. I believe the magazine is 5.99 + tax + shipping. I can figure out the cost, you can Paypal me I'll send it to you. Just a thought...

Ok....now...back to business. I'm already having trouble with this bag. :( When I repeat row 2 of the bag base where it says, 'sc in turning ch'. Am I missing something here? It doesn't say to 'ch 1, turn' like it does on row 1. Am I supposed to do this anyway? Plz help!!! Also...can someone explain why we are skipping the first sc? I hesitate to continue on because I just feel like I'm doing it wrong.

Ok I am working on my second bag so I have the pattern down pretty well. You are going to ch 1 and turn at the end of rows like you would any other time. I think that you are suppose to skip the first sc cause it makes it easier to find the end of the row when you work the body of the bag. You have to work stitches into the sides to make the body of the bag. Personally I just did the bottom like I would do a regular row of sc and didn't skip the first stitch or work in to the turning chain so that I ended up with the right amount of stitches. I was still able to tell where the rows were when I got to the sides. If you have any more questions just ask!! :cheer

Good luck!!

Hello Everybody!!!

I just finished the base but I can't figure out how to start the rounds (I'm not too experienced yet :ohdear). Where do I make the first stitch? Do I have to do it in that same last stitch (that is, the corner)? Any insight will be highly appreciated.

Hello Everybody!!!

I just finished the base but I can't figure out how to start the rounds (I'm not too experienced yet :ohdear). Where do I make the first stitch? Do I have to do it in that same last stitch (that is, the corner)? Any insight will be highly appreciated.

Ok This is what you do. Work 16 sc down the side of the base (one for every row you did) You work the first stitch into the corner which would be where the last stitch from the base is. You have to work the last stitch and the first stitch of the next row in the corners! Good luck! If you have more questions just ask! :cheer

I have another doubt! I'm a little confused. :think

Here's what I did after finishing the base...

I made the first rnd of the sides, making the first and last sc from each side in the same stitch. For the second rnd and up I just made sc in every sc in the first rnd. I'm on rnd 7 and I'm not sure if this is correct. Was that clear at all? :think

Thank you for your help!

H

ere's what I did after finishing the base...

I made the first rnd of the sides, making the first and last sc from each side in the same stitch. For the second rnd and up I just made sc in every sc in the first rnd. I'm on rnd 7 and I'm not sure if this is correct. Was that clear at all? :think

Thank you for your help!

That is what I did. Just make sure that you are marking the beginning stitch of the round. at the end of the body you do 3 rounds of slip stitches so the round evens out. Just make sure that you have the correct number of stitches for every round. Plus when you full/felt the bag you won't see the different. It all blends together.

I ran into a bit of a problem! I am making my second bag in gray with black trim. I ran out of gray yarn! I had just enough to finish the body of the bag and that is it. I dont have enough left over to do the handles and the closure! :angry So they will be all black instead!! I didn't have this problem when I did the first bag! Someone suggested that one of the skeins might have been short!! Let that be a lesson to me to buy extra yarn for a project just in case!!

I'm still waiting for my yarn and I finished my last project last night. I hope the yarn is waiting for me when I get home today!!!!

It sounds like you are all making wonderful progress!

Archived