My yard sale

So, I'm sitting at my yard sale....I have quite a bit of older yarn for sale for 50 cents a skein....some of th new yarn 1 dollar a skein....pretty cheap in my opinion. I've had so many people say it's too expensive?!?! I had been open for just about 15 minutes and wanted me to sell all of it for 10 dollars. I told her no...am I crazy!?!?

Meeee too! I would buy the whole lot for your price and then give you a $10 tip! The nerve of some. :eek

No you're not crazy at all. That is an awesome deal at .50 and $1 a skein! Wish I lived near you! :lol

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I have sold quite a bit of yarn...and no more annoying people! Just one more hour today...but, I'll be open again tomorrow!

There are cheap people and then there are "real" cheap people......those are the one's you wish would stay away from your yardsales!! You could have had your yarn for .10 and .25; they still would have said it was too expensive!! Glad there are appreciative people buying your yarn!! :)

I would have taken it all at your price. Good heavens, what do some people expect?? :eek

I stopped at a neighboring moving sale last week and asked if the woman had any yarn. She said she had just given away 3 huge bags of it to a friend. :cry

How far north are you? Several members are in colder country upstate that I am :lol

I helped a friend clean out her gramma's house (for sale). Her gramma gave us stuff for a yard sale including 2 large boxes of :yarn (balls/partial skeins/odd colors). We had 3 boxes, marked .50 cents for balls/1/4 skeins (we didn't want to roll down), .75 cents slightly used (1/2 - 3/4 left) skeins and $1 old/odd color full skeins. Nobody complained about the price, but we did have to stop a :box. Gramma sat on the porch knitting while we ran the sale. People admired her work and talked to her about knitting, crochet and crafts. She seemed to have more fun than we did :lol.

Ellie 13

I would have taken it all at your price. Good heavens, what do some people expect?? :eek

I stopped at a neighboring moving sale last week and asked if the woman had any yarn. She said she had just given away 3 huge bags of it to a friend. :cry

How far north are you? Several members are in colder country upstate that I am :lol

I'm in Boonville. The Woodsman Field Days are this weekend...lots of out of towers...maybE that is why they were so rude !

glad your sale went well! I've been keeping my eyes open for garage sales with yarn for a few weeks. I totally forgot about it at the beginning of the summer and missed all the good ones.

Well this weekend I thought I'd get lucky cause I found one. I went over there in the afternoon and couldn't find any yarn. Apparently a woman came just before they "opened" and bought the lot!! There was a TON of thread though. It was 5 for a buck! I really debated about picking up some but I chickened out. Don't think I'm ready to start with thread yet.

If she had offered to take it all off your hand then of course you could've given her a special deal. Like if you have 35 skeins, give her a few for free or something if she'd buy all. But for her to say $10... that's a bit cheeky isn't it?

Mind you, I had a friend of a friend who said €35 was too expensive for a handmade baby blanke made from 100% organic yarn. And that was a mates rate! That would be only the yarn price and I had not even accounted the time I would spend on it! So, some people are just cheap!

Boonville - Don't you break winter cold records up there? :wlol

Its track season here. I know what you mean about rude tourists :thumbdown

Glad you got your asking price for most of it.

Cold and snow records.....we can get as cold as 35 degrees below zero and we average 211 inches of snow in a season! I guess it's a good thing I like winter, although, as I get older, I wish spring would come a little sooner!

People want something for nothing. It's not fair. Your prices are great, and I would have bought a lot from you.

We do a garage sale for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life every year and people really try to get the prices down, even when the money goes to charity. Makes me crazy. Another thing that happens at our sale is that things just disappear. People actually steal things at garage sales. It makes me just wonder why?

:manyheart

Archived