63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

Vickie

You're doing a fine job ! Now that you're getting the hang about the gauge, it'll go a little smoother for you I think .

( And look at it this way-- you have a long ways to go before Preachercuss..... you have some easy ones ahead that will make catching up a lot easier ! )

Keep up the great work . :cheer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celeste and Sue --

You guys are funny -- I can just picture the 2 of you, this IS like a horserace-- you are both neck and neck--- with your crochet hooks in one hand a a ball of yarn unravelling out behind you as you go .. This makes it all the more interesting !

:cowboy

( I won't think it's quite so funny when you get neck and neck with ME .... I'm probably the oldest horse in the race ,so once you catch up, all I'll see is your dust !!!! )

:scared:rip

Come on, Vims ---

You may as well jump in and get 17 done and over with ! You're brave, you can do it . And maybe you'll actually find it easy and then you can make fun of all of us WIMPS who thought it was hard !

PS- Have a good visit with your families .

PSS---- If I took a crochet hook with me to visit MY inlaws .... someone would get an EYE put out ... and it wouldn't be me ! Good thing I don't knit -- that could get REALLY messy .

Hmmmmmm ......... CSI , Live . :tryme

Hello ladies

Just an early morning wake up call for you all ..... I've been up since 4 AM .

I got my other project completed and it will go out in today's mail , so I am back.

Now, where did I put that notebook ?

What do we have to do today, ladies ?

Let me get my handy-dandy notebook out and see .

:nbook

You are all better at finding clues than I am .... Hmmmm , I think it says we have to make more squares !!!

***Can you tell I've been watching Blue's Clues til I'm nuttier than a Fruitcake ?

Believe it or not, I found one worse -- try 6 hours straight of Teletubbies .

UH OH LALA -- Mamaw needs a straight jacket ! :loco

Aaaaaaah! I can't find my book now!! I'm going to attack my bedroom today (the last area of my house that needs the last few boxes and stuff from moving taken out!!! woohoo) and hopefully it just feel in behind some of my crochet stuff ... my current stuff and books are all crammed in boxes and bins in the bottom of my closet.

Good thing I'm not a clothes horse and have no fashion sense ... I'd have no room for yarn otherwise! I'm using the lovely cedar closet we have to store the majority of my yarn & thread stashes, lol!

Back on topic though ... MUST FIND THAT BOOK! You are all going like gangbusters!

I got square # 18 done before I had to go to a very lengthy and long-winded college information night at my son's high school. Man, I wish I would have brought my crochet with me...:sigh...a perfect opportunity lost!

Everyone sounds like they're doing a great job rolling right along! I'm looking forward to the next frew squares, they look so pretty. I've got a bunch of shows Tivo'd so I should get a few done! :lol

Keep going gang! Before you know it, we'll be posting pics of finished blankets instead of squares! :)

Hi everyone,

I posted about a week ago that I wanted to join the CAL. Haven't had a chance to check back as we have just had visitors for the week.

Anyway, while I've been gone I received my book from the eBay seller and my yarn is on order from a source in UK. As I'm in Spain I will then have to wait for my daughter to mail on to me! I just hope this CAL is not over and done with before I even get started LOL.

The colours I chose are cream, rose and green very similar to the picture on the front cover of the book. I just can't wait to get started!!!!!!

Margaret

Ooops, I had meant to post a brief intro. earlier.........

I'm Margaret, origianlly from UK but now living in Spain.

I have two grown up kids 33 and 31 and two grand kids 5 and 1.

I've knitted for all of my life but am a beginner at crochet so am teaching myself as I go from books.

I've almost finished my second baby afghan in a three colour ripple pattern.

I told myself I would make something small next (for the satisfaction of a quick finish) so what do I do but order the yarn for this 63 squares afghan!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Margaret

Welcome Margaret! :waving It's definitely not too late to join in! The more the merrier. We're all at different stages of completion and we all have more than one project going on so you definitely won't be left in the dust. Our goal is to have FUN!

I'm also making the afghan in the pink, green and off-white. Others are using different combos and they all look terrific. I hope you can get your yarn soon and get started. I look forward to seeing your squares.

What are the craft stores like in Spain? Where are you living in Spain? I visited Spain in high school and my family is planning a trip there next summer. My son takes Spanish in school and is going to be our interpreter! We just went on a trip to London this past July (2 days after the bombings :eek ) and had a wonderful time. So much to see!

Again, welcome aboard!:)

Wow! I've just been checking out a few of the progress pics. Sue, Celeste and JulieKay. All your squares look wonderful. I am inspired!

Will I REALLY be able to do the one with the neat rose in the middle? I can't wait to try.

Margaret

Hey Margaret! You, Sue, and I are all working in the same colors. . . I can't wait to see how our triplets turn out!

Sue, I'm on 21. . . where are you? :hi I feel your pain about that college info night! My dad is a dean in Vermont, and I'm always giving him advice on how to jazz things up. I think it helps that he used to be a radio announcer -- everything is a little more dramatic!

JulieKay, I'm an expert clue finder. . . and my notebook says 4 squares today! My 3 year old nephew Nathan has taught me well! :manyheart

Hey there! I'm going to sit down this afternoon and start # 19. First, there are the dreaded errands to attend to - boo. Squares 19 through 21 are so pretty I can't wait to get to 21 -- yours looks so nice! :)

Well, it's off to the grocery store...

Hi Sue,

I'm about 25 minutes from Alicante on the Costa Blanca - a town called Campello. We moved here in February of this year.

Craft stores? LOL, what craft stores? Actually, I have found not one, but two, yarn shops. One is tiny - hardly more than a closet and more often closed than open. The other sells only the Spanish Katia yarns.

I sometimes see yarn on the market stalls but it is nothing I would want to buy hence my order for the CAL to the UK supplier. All I can say is thank heavens for eBay and Internet shopping

I'm so glad you had such a great time in London in spite of the timing. Will you be coming to Spain as well? Where in Spain will you be visiting?

Looking forward to getting started on my squares and glad to know I will not be bringing up the rear!

Margaret

Welcome Margaret! :waving It's definitely not too late to join in! The more the merrier. We're all at different stages of completion and we all have more than one project going on so you definitely won't be left in the dust. Our goal is to have FUN!

I'm also making the afghan in the pink, green and off-white. Others are using different combos and they all look terrific. I hope you can get your yarn soon and get started. I look forward to seeing your squares.

What are the craft stores like in Spain? Where are you living in Spain? I visited Spain in high school and my family is planning a trip there next summer. My son takes Spanish in school and is going to be our interpreter! We just went on a trip to London this past July (2 days after the bombings :eek ) and had a wonderful time. So much to see!

Again, welcome aboard!:)

Holey-moley--

I take off a few hours to get some stuff done that needed tending to today, and BAM ----- I missed out on a bunch of good posts. Forgive me for slipping. My goal is to answer you all . SO -- this one post will cover all bases I'm hoping !

1-Sue- Congrats on STAYING AWAKE during the long-winded meeting ! :sleep

2-Margaret - Welcome to the GANG !!! How exciting your life sounds . I live in a one horse town and that horse has died . We are so glad to have you -- it sounds like you're itching to get to the project . Great job on teaching yourself to crochet . I did too, many years ago because I didn't know anyone that knew how !

And PS -- YOU ARE doing a small project next . Just look at each square as ONE SMALL PROJECT .... ( LADIES ... don't mention the number 63 to her ... she's making ONE SMALL SQUARE at a time ... ok ? )

And to answer your question, YES YOU WILL be able to make the one with the little flower in the middle !

3-WUH WOH .Sounds like Celeste is onto the Blue's Clues theme ! ( Next time I'll try Bob the Builder )

You made me chuckle about telling your dad to jazz things up. Maybe he could wear a thong out on stage for his talks. That'd CERTAINLY add some jazz to a boring meeting .:2eek

Nightmares, Julie Kay, nightmares. :scared

I taught myself to crochet, too. . . off the internet one night during freshman year of college! My relatives are all weavers, and my mom knits, but doesn't crochet.

John update: Still in a lot of pain, but hotpads seem to be helping. Luckily the weekend is almost here, so I can stay with him 24/7 and keep him from getting out of bed more than absolutely necessary. Keep thinking good thoughts! :hug

Well, I certainly hope they figure out what is wrong with him soon so he can start feeling better. Are they planning on any more testing, or have they actually said what they think it is ? Possibly migraines ? Has he had them before ?

I have had them just about my whole life. Not fun, but mine are pretty manageable. I am so used to having headaches by now --they aren't real frequent, which is a good thing .

Hope you get some good news soon and they can find something to give him to make him feel better .

finished 4 & 5 hopefully I will have time to chat later. it'ws hard when hubby works nights -- I feel like a single mother with 3 kids when he works nights.

Welcome Margret, glad to have you with us. I too am using colors like the pattern shows. It will be great to see all the finished products!

Hi everyone! I'm still working on square 19. I like this square, it's very pretty. Barring anymore interruptions, I should finish it tonight. :)

Celeste, I hope your fiance is feeling better soon. :hug

Yes, the meeting last night came at the end of a long day which made the long-winded answers to the panel discussion even longer. Some drama would have been appreciated! We did get some good information and now realize...COLLEGE IS GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE! :(

I'm not so sure we will actually make it to Spain after that college info night, Margaret, we may have to rent videos of people vacationing in Spain! Seriously, I hope we can go. When I was in high school I went to Spain with a study group as visited Madrid, Segovia, Avila, Toledo, Granada and the Costa del Sol. It was fun. Lots of time on a bus! We haven't come up with an itinerary for next summer yet but some of the same places would be great for the kids to see.:earth

JulieKay, when I think of Telletubbies I think...Big Hug! haha:lol I can't say anything bad about Barney because my 1st grade teachers' daughter is one of the creators. However, I can say is that I'm glad my kids are (pre)teens and prefer current rock and pop.

Vickie, I can relate to a husband that works late and small children at home! Hang in there! The do get older. *phew*

And very nice it looks too Celeste. How can something so pretty be such a pain? I have the feeling I will be screaming for help when/if I ever reach the dreaded Preachercuss :D

BTW, I checked out your blog via a link on the main board and loved the afghan you did for your MIL and the baby afghan you have in progress.

Margaret

Square #17. . . aka preachercuss . . . I came, I saw, I conquered!

:woo :woo :woo

You know what that means. . . 21 down, 42 to go! I've run out of cream with 1 white square to go, so I've jumped into the greens with 17. Pictures to follow!

Thanks, Margaret! The afghan for my MIL was one of the worse UFOs I've ever had. . . but now it's done, and I'm happy! The baby 'ghan is done now, and in the mail to my mom to be given at an upcoming shower. Hopefully the mother likes it!

Truth be told. . . I finished #17 on the first try. The worst part is keeping count of your stitches in the clusters. The afghan I just finished for my sister (pics to follow soon!) was full of clusters, bobbles, and cables, so I've had a looootttttt of practice (about 7 pounds of yarn worth!) :hook

Good morning ladies

Just checking in to see what 's new this morning . I see Celeste finished the # 17 Preachercuss . Great job! I was gonna say you were over the hurdle now and the worst was behind you ...... well .... I don't know how to break this to you all. Let's just tell a little story : I was going along last night, working on my squares -- by the way I'll get them added to my photos this weekend sometime . I now have numbers 32, 33, 34, 35 and 36 done . I turn the page and DANG if there isn't a WHOLE page of those DOGGONE BOBBLE patterns to make . I thought...... NOOOOOOOO :yell

Let's just put it this way --- At 7:50 I started on square number 37, which had pretty long directions like Preachercuss did. I started it ..... got through row 7 .Survivor is now on . Do I watch Survivor or work on ----- DRUM ROLL PLEASE ---- I have renamed square 37 . It is

THE SQUARE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON . :ghost

I watched Survivor .

I'll get my hip boots on this morning and crawl back into that lagoon and see if I can get it done before sinking under the sludge. I try not to look at the next 2 patterns, which is hard since they're on the same page.. MORE BOBBLES .

My only consolation at this point is that I get to think of 2 more funny names for the squares !

Sue -

It sounds like you and Celeste are still almost at a tie with your numbers of squares done ! Keep up the great work, you guys ! You're doing terrific . :clap

Vickie - Yes, I too remember those days when my kids were little . My husband was gone a LOT during those years. He worked full time and took paramedic schooling at night , so there was a block of time that he was home only at supper ,then gone again . I had all 3 of my kids in 3 years' time. It was rough ,but got better . I actually liked their teen years ,which you don't hear too many parents say . Now, they are all married and gone , so that day will come for you too ! The years go by quickly .

Margaret - It's not IF you finish Preachercuss. If we have to, so do you .:tired

Not to sound mean , but that's part of the strategy here --- :devil

You all have a great day-- I'll check in later .

Archived