63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

WHOO HOO MARGARET !!! :c9

You are on your way ! Great news ! Sorry one of the colors isn't what you wanted but maybe you can save it for another project ( The SECOND 63 AFGHAN PERHAPS) :lol

Anyhow, sounds like you will have enough to keep you busy til the rest of your yarn arrives .

As for your question, you will DC into the top of the turning chain, not the gap .

I think that's what you are meaning .

Will you have a way to post photos as you go along ?

This is exciting !!!:cheer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Juliekay,

Thanks for the fast reply :) I've been hanging around hoping someone would see my SOS.

Digital camera has packed up but these squares are small so I should be able to scan.

I just cannot wait to show you all my first one.

The rest of my yarn arrives on Friday along with daughter, daughter's friend and my two grandkids who are coming for a one week visit.

Daughter has never showed the least interest in anything remotely yarn related but has just started knitting fun fur scarves.

Maybe I can interest her in learning crochet although I have the feeling she will be too busy heading for the beach.

Thanks for the help - back to my square!

Margaret

Okey- doke, Margaret --

I'll let you get back to work so you can catch up with some of the others . We will all be waiting to see your finished squares online !

I'm glad you'll be able to get the rest of your yarn that quickly. It sounds like you will have a fun visit with your daughter and family . ( Just try to find time to squeeze in some crocheting while they're home )

What beach do you live close to ? Sounds like heaven ! We are hundreds of miles from a beach,unless you count the creek out on the edge of town --- that is the closest thing we have to a beach in our area !

Woohoo, Margaret! :clap You finally got your yarn! You can always work on all the white and pink squares while you're shopping for another green.

Don't worry about just getting started. I've got some side projects that I need to do for Christmas so I won't be speeding along. Never enough time for crafting! ;)

Progress: I finished square 29 and I absolutely love that one! It's so simple and so pretty. As I was making it, I kept thinking the stitch would make a lovely sweater. I'll get pics posted today! :)

Well, it didn't take me long to come to grief!

I started on square #3 which is just plain old dc. You would think I could surely manage that but no I already need help!:think

The pattern says 27 ch

row1 DC in fourth ch from hook and in each ch across 25sts

ok - I somehow make that 24 sts so what am I doing wrong?

I'm almost wishing my yarn was still in the mail - I have a headache.

Margaret

I know for me there are a couple of swaps ending tomorrow, which could be affecting people, and I'm testing a pattern for someone ...

Seems like this project is always on a back burner for me!

Hi everyone! :waving Just finished square 30 this afternoon. I'm almost halfway - woohoo! I've been working on a few other projects as well and need to start on a Christmas present afghan. But, I do plan to keep up with 63 squares.

The 63 squares is a project that I mainly work on in my car while waiting for my daughter to get out of school. I always have to go and park early or else traffic is UGLY! :angry But, you have to sit in your car or you'll get a ticket for leaving your car in the white zone (passenger drop off and pick up only). Today as I sat in my car happily crocheting, a motorcycle cop was driving up and down putting tickets on the empty cars parked in the white zone! :eek See what I have to put up with and why this is a perfect project for me. :lol

I hope everyone else continues to make steady progress as well. :)

I have the second row almost done. Thatll be done by lunch. I am not working the sq in order I am doing it acording to rows less confusing for me.:think My colors are sage green, cream and tan. That is unuseual for me I love blue and I never keep anything I make for myself. Someone says I love that and they take it home. (a custom in Mexico) All the time I am working on this and I keep telling myself I am keeping it and the next thought is so & so will love it if I give it to them. I am sure I will make more thatn one. I useually make blankets to give at our mission field. So I think Ill hit the yarn stash and make a crazy quilt from different colors. The women in Mexico love the bright color mile a minute gans. :manyheart and I love to give them away!!! I will try to do this one for myself though!!! (yeah right)

Hi Faith,

Well, maybe if the swaps are over this week, then you can put this on the front burner !

Wow, Sue - you are doing great -- it's a good feeling to get to the 30's-- you know you're halfway there . Keep up the good work .

Jimmie - I know what you mean about giving stuff away. I don't think I have EVER kept anything I've made for myself . Your colors sound pretty together , nice relaxing colors .

Sounds like you live in an interesting place !

Hi all, I finally got moved in to my new place. I have completed squares 1-10. I hope to be able to get more done soon. Been working on Christmas projects(hats and scarves for the family). I might even make one for myself they are predicting :snow in the mountains. Which means snow for the rest of the state soon.

Wow.

You are really cracking along there, Jimmie Lu!

I finished #7 last night but I had to add another row of border to #6 because it was smaller than the rest. I think it will still look okay in the end.

I wish my buddy Buggabugga would hurry up and finish her sweater and join me.

oops my good friend had her baby so I need to go and finish up her baby gahn!!! So I will put the 63 sq. on hold for a day or so. Its the week end so I should be able to finish the baby tomorrow and have all day sunday to work on squares.

I started this. Got the yarn even made a few squares. But everytime I think of working on it again I remember the :thair I go threw to get the gage right :2frog for ever single square and just cant make myself start again.:scared

But I do plan to finish this someday. :2magic Really I do. :lol

Way to go, Celeste! :tup I've finished 31 and am currently edging 32. Both came out nicely.

Don't worry too much about gage, Angie. We're all coming out with different sized squares. Julie (JulieKay) just finished hers and said the ghan went together pretty well in spite of the wonky sizes. She also has some tricks up her sleeve on getting the squares together evenly that I'm sure she'll share with us if we ask. :)

Hello Ladies

Glad to see a little action in here again ! It's been pretty quiet in here this week . I guess everyone is busy with other projects as well as this one .

Jimmie- it sounds like you're going straong-- keep up the good work .

Celeste and Sue-- Great job, you guys-- you're doing terrific -- keep up the good work, then we can start on the next 63 when youre ready .

Tonya & Niccers, now you are both in a horse race, neck and neck !

Angie -- yes, the worst part of this afghan is getting the gauge right, but like I said before , the squares don't all have to match to the EXACT quarter of an inch. On mine, I added more edgingto a couple of the smaller squares, and only made one round of edging on the larger squares. Mine went together fine-- that's really the esiest part of the whole thing !

Don't hive up, keep on working!

And Vims--- Yoo Hoo ,where are you ?

Way to go, Jimmy Lu! I'm jealous of your fire. . . I miss New York at this time of year! Then again, I can still wear tank tops and sandals here in Arizona :) It's a cool 85 today, lol! :lol

Sue, I'm psyched that we're almost done! I finished another 4 today, bringing my total to 45 ( album updated through 41). We're getting there, slowly but surely!

Julie, does this blanket look like that favorite pineapple pattern of yours? This pic is from the Pillowghan CAL gallery. . . is this Julie YOU, Julie???:hook

ygpillowghan1.bmp

Way to go, everyone! I have been in and out all weekend and haven't gotten anymore squares done but having completed square 32, I'm officially more than half way! :clap

Happily, this week doesn't look busy for me so I'll have lots of time to crochet! :)

Archived