63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya, folks! Wow! Everyone's squares look great! :tup You're zipping right along. I finished square 22 yesterday. It's another pretty square! I haven't been able to keep up with everyone else cuz I've also been making Squares 4 Survivors which has been a lot of fun. I've been making some of the "63 Squares" in smaller form for the Squares 4 Survivors (she wants 6 inch squares only).

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.:D

Faith, how do you sell your blankets? Do you get orders of the internet or from people you know? Good luck on your blanket for Wednesday! :)

Sue, you know what's so cool? If I hit "next" on the Village Swappers ring from my blog, it takes me to you! Lol, I was very excited! :lol

ps. . . I posted a comment about your beautiful remodeling jobs, but my mac wouldn't let me sign in to my blogger first, so it's anonymous :(

Good morning ,Fellow Wannabees !

Ready to start another week ? I hope so, because here it is ...:D

Just an update on my progress as of this moment . I am now working on my 47th square . I have laid them all out on he floor to see how it's gonna look put together .. looks pretty daggone good if I do say so myself . It'd be especially nice if you were a Cleveland Browns fan-- that 's what the colors remind me of . I have never done anything in orange before so it's a first .

Anyhow, back to my squares !! Hope to hear from you all later today -- drop in and give us an update if you haven't done so in awhile !

Sue, you know what's so cool? If I hit "next" on the Village Swappers ring from my blog, it takes me to you! Lol, I was very excited! :lol

ps. . . I posted a comment about your beautiful remodeling jobs, but my mac wouldn't let me sign in to my blogger first, so it's anonymous :(

Hey, thanks for the nice comment, Celeste! Also, if I hit previous on Village Swappers I get your blog! That's way cool! Now if only I can get a button for my blog...hmmm...where's that husband of mine?

Progress: I finished 23 and 24 yesterday. I like these last few squares. They were fun to make and came out so pretty. I will post them later this week.

Well, nothing much to update here as I am still yarnless :( but the good news is it has been delivered to my daughter in UK and she promised to mail out today.

I think I could be in business by the weekend IF I am lucky although mail seems to be delivered only twice a week here.

I am just desperate to get going on my squares. Meanwhile I finished up my baby afghan and wove all the ends in as per all the excellent advice I had from you guys. Thank you!

Today I have been knitting and cross stitching but I really, really want to be hooking!

Margaret

Anyhow, back to my squares !! Hope to hear from you all later today -- drop in and give us an update if you haven't done so in awhile !

Hey Celeste and Sue-

Anxiously waiting to see your new photos posted !

and Margaret--

Doggone, I feel sorry for you, it sounds like you are eager to get started on this and you have to sit there and wait for the yarn . It must be torture !

We promise to all chip in here and cheer you on when that yarn arrives -- you have a big squad of cheerleaders to back you up and keep you motivated.

Believe it or not, it actually goes fairly quickly once you make up your mind to do it and stick with it, those squares just pile up !

Anyhow, let us know when you get started. We're waiting with our pompoms and little skirts ........ well, maybe just the pompoms for me . :cheer

I'm a little old to wear a little skirt !

It's a little late in the day but good luck on your exam, Celeste, I hope it was easy and that you knew all the answers! :)

Margaret, I hope you get your yarn soon! Everyone seems to be at different stages of completion so you so catch up pretty quick! ;)

Progress: I just finished square #25. Another favorite.

I promise to get the pics of 22-25 up by tomorrow, Julie! :D

Hi all, I start moving yesterday, as you see my computer is still running. I have to wait for it to stop :2rain to move. The :sun is supposed to come out today :cheer, it will be a welcome site after 4 days of :rain.

You all are just moving right along on your squares. They all look great.

Good luck with your move, Tonya! Hope everything goes smoothly. :)

Progress: As soon as I finish up two other small projects, I can get back to the 63 squares which should be by tomorrow at the latest! ;)

I will be out the rest of this week. I have not touched the afghan at all since Sunday I think it was. Packing, packing! Our closing has been postponed again so it looks like Thursday instead of tomorrow. I'll check back in with you all on Monday. Keep up the great work ladies! You are all inspiration to keep going and I'll need some when I get back! (unless anyone wants to unpack while I crochet) lol

Have a great week and happy crocheting!

Hi Vickie -

Sorry to hear your move was postponed again. I know how buying houses goes, though -- all that red tape and paperwork could drive you to drink .

You all keep on chugging along on your squares !

I will also be gone for the weekend . We are going to southern Ohio for the weekend for my parent's 50th aniversary party . We will be leaving Fri. and getting back sometime Monday , so I'm counting on you all to come in and post,post, post ( and also keep on crocheting ) . I hope to find a lot of messages waiting when I get back !

It's only Wed, so I'll be in before we leave to check in a few times a day .

I am now working on my 51st square . Hoping to get this thing wrapped up here soon. I get very anxious to finish a project when it gets this close to being completed. Will drop in with another update before I leave !

Wow, Julie, you're just barrelling right along!! Gives me hope that I just *might* be able to get one done for my dad in time for Thanksgiving even if I can't start for another week. Oiy!

Vickie - good luck packing/moving!

Good luck with your move, Vickie, I hope everything goes smoothly.:)

Julie, have a wonderful time at your parents 50th! :)

Faith, we're all glad that you'll be able to join in soon! :clap

Progress: I finished square 26 yesterday, another pretty one. This last group of squares from 20 on have been some of my favorites. They've been fun to make. I will get pics posted today! :D

Hi Ho all Wannabees !

I am almost a BEE now ! How about that ? I have 6 squares to go ,then I need to put this thing together .

Just a warning -- the last few squares ,you just have to force yourself to do.. I am getting really tired of the same colors and really tired of making squares. I will be glad to get this finished up soon !

Will get photos of all my last squares posted hopefully by tomorrow if I can get them finished by then .

Keep on working ,ladies --- don't give up. If I can do it, you can !

Julie, I'm so jealous! I've been working on school stuff :blush so much that I haven't made too much progress. My goal tonight is two more, but I have some good news -- my new pics are up! 34 done and counting. . . .

Some bad news -- my aunt was dignosed with breast cancer last week! :( I'm collecting squares for a comfortghan if anyone can contribute.

So sorry to hear about your aunt, Celeste. I already PM'ed you about making a couple of squares. :)

I haven't made anymore progress on my set of squares but I did get my pics up. Numbers 1-26 are available for viewing.

Julie, wow! You're almost done! When you start sewing your squares together I want to hear all about getting the different sizes to fit together! ;)

Celeste ,

So sorry to hear about your aunt . 2 squares will be on their way one day next week .

Your photos look awesome ! What is the shade of blue / green you are using ? It's really pretty .

Sue -

Your squares look so lovely too ! So nice and neat . And the colors look like they will exactly match the photo on the cover .

And everyone- don't worry, you'll hear all about my putting together my afghan . I am SO close now, 4 squares to go . I'm at the point now , where it's like HURRY UP------ GET THIS THING DONE . I haven't even taken the time to post any of my last square pics-- I take pics of them when done , then move on to the next one, so I should be able to post the whole batch of remaining pics all at once .

Thanks, Sue! I'm still waiting for you to speed through my dust. . . you're going to be a very real threat the rest of the week! :cheer

Julie Kay, thanks for the squares. It means a lot to me that y'all are contributing, because now I'll have stories to tell my aunt about you :hook The green I'm using is the Caron One Pound in Soft Sage (580). It's pretty, and more importantly cheap! I can't wait to see the rest of your squares, and hear about the joining! Are you going to do the border in the book, or your own creation?

Archived