63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

Hi All,

Just an hourly update. I am on my last square, but must admit a failure I had . I ended up replacing square number 51 with an easier one. The Star Stitch I think it is called . Anyhow ,I attempted it 3 times and gave up. I was seeing stars by the time I had tried it for the 3rd time. I kept coming back to it over and over and just could not get the hang of it. I felt like I was trying to read a road map in Russian or some thing, it just would not make sense to me. So I will greatly applaud anyone of you that completes it !

I will hopefully start getting this thing together tonight when the grandbaby heads home. He seems to have Super Powers today ,like the Power Rangers . It's almost like he has had 78 candy bars in a row , but he hasn't had one !!!!

GEEZ LOUISE .

:eek

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't feel bad, Julie! :) Square 51 looks challenging! Just reading the directions has me confused about just where the hook goes in to pull up all those loops. The loop thing looks difficult too. That's the problem I have with bobbles, they always end up in a tight angry bunch. This star stitch looks like it has major bunch potential. It was smart of you to make something easier. ;) I won't be able to work on any squares today. :eek The dreaded errands and chores are taking over today! Julie, I'm amazed that you're able to get so much crocheting in with a little one arround. When my kids were little I don't think I did anything but make meals, clean house and do laundry! Phew, thank goodness for washing machines! :lol

Hey Sue -

Well, I get little done duringthe daytime while he's here ,depending on what he is doing . He's an only child, so is used to playing alone, so sometimes he plays by himself, but other times he wants me to play with him or help him , like if he is doing puzzles or writing letters or something that he needs help with .

I do most of my crocheting after he goes home at night though . It won't be much longer til he's in school full time, then i'll have my days all free . Then I'll miss him like crazy !

All my last photos are going to be posted in about the next 10 minutes .

Your squares look terrific, Julie! :tup Nice job!

I'm finally home for the rest of the day, er, evening and can sit down and get some crocheting done! Good thing it's Survivor night. Who will get eliminated tonight? Will Stephanie ever be on a winning team? :think

Hi Sue -

I just saw Survivor but won't mention it to you yet. It probably hasnt been on out there yet -- I'm not sure of your time schedule out there but it's on here at 8 Eastern. I won't spill the beans and say anything to ruin it for you !

Yea, my squares look whopper jawed ( some of them) and I made the mistake of losing track of which one was which and didnt label them ,so some may be numbered wrong, but what the HAY ? They are all done and being put together . I will post photos probably Monday will be the soonest since we 'll be gone this weekend .

CANNOT WAIT to have this thing done...:P.. What a lot of work .

Gooooooo, Julie! :woo:woo:woo Congratulations!

I've finished another three squares (yipee!), one of them being #51. I had to frog it a few times, because it kept coming out waaaaay too small. . . pulling too tight, I guess!

I can't wait to see pics of your finished afghan!!! :hook:hook:hook

I'm forewarned about square 51, I'll be on the lookout. ;)

Survivor's on at 8 here too but at pacific time, obviously. Yes, we're always the last to see anything out here and also the last to wake up, hehe. :D

Check in with you guys tomorrow! :)

hi all,

I am back from my short trip to my home town:) It rained and rained and rained some more! You would have thought that it was a right time to sit and crochet but no we had people dropping in to see us or we were visiting (yeah even in the cold and wet rain:().. so the final word is that I just started square #18! and yes I finished square #17 while at my inlaws! (I think being there helped me to finish that square without me using any expletives!! lol)

My mom-in-law was very impressed and has asked me to loan her the book once I am done! Still no luck with my camera but I am taking pictures and trying everyday to download them.. oh by the way dh completely forgot about the cable and has promised to buy one asap!

Way to go Julie! Congrats on finishing your squares and I too would substitute a square if I found it horrible to work:)

Celeste, I am sorry to hear about your aunt. I would love to send you squares but don't know if my yarn would match the yarn weight that you have there. Let me know if you would like me to send anyway.

Sue, I have been designated as the domestic Goddess today as I have a ton of washing to do and the cleaning and cooking. Yippee for the washing machine too! but here we rely on the sun to dry our clothes so I am praying that the sun would be kind enough to come out for atleast an hour to help dry the clothes I have washed!

Take care all.. I am back to making squares..

hugs

Vims

First of all , Celeste ---

:mdust:sstar:mdust:sstar:mdust:sstar:mdust:sstar:mdust :mdust

You get the gold starts for sticking with 51 --- way to go !!!! That one was a little too difficult for me to tackle -- I went the easy way out and made a simple square , but I admire you for sticking with it and getting it done !

And Sue --

How'd you like Survivor last night ? I'm glad they got rid of that pretty-boy-Floyd. He was driving ME crazy , and I only had to listen to him for an hour !

I'm still rooting for Lydia-- I like her, she is FUNNY !

Vims -

I am so glad you are safe at home . I was worried about you . It sounds like you are having lousy weather over there right now. I would hang my laundry outside too if I had a clothesline here , but we don't. I like hanging it outside, it smells so fresh after hanging out there in the air !

And YOU deserve some celebration ,too for doing square 17 while at your inlaws --

:clap:yay:flower:bounce:2magic:spin

( I WOULD HAVE USED THE EXPLETIVES AT MY INLAWS WITHOUT HAVING # 17 TO WORK ON .................):lol :lol :lol

You all keep on working on those squares -- I'll be excited to hear your numbers when I get back Monday . By then I should have photos up of my finished afghan !!! YAHOO .

Have a great weekend everyone .

Hi all, today I'm planning on getting to square 27-woohoo! :)

Have a wonderful weekend, Julie! Survivor never fails to entertain! Golden-Boy got the boot for TMI! His girlfriend should be mad at him. :lol

Vims, glad you had a nice trip and are back to nicer weather. My mother is currently getting rained out in New York. Good job on your squares! :)

Celeste, I'm not sure if I can catch up with you but I've already designated this weekend "no errand weekend" so I can have some free time! Now if I could only get everyone, including dog and cat, to feed themselves...:lol

Hehe, Sue, I think I'm in trouble! This weekend is "presentation preparation bonanza," so no crocheting for me :( Not to mention that I need to fit in a few chemo caps for my aunt and a scarf for my best friend's birthday. . . agh! Never enough time in the day!

Will post updated pics tonight.

Faith, whenever you can start is fine. Everybody is at different stages of completion. When you can start, we'll be here to cheer you on! :cheer

Celeste, good luck with your presentation. Sounds like you've got a bunch of projects going on at the same time too. I'm almost done with the 2 comfortghan squares, then I'd like to start on an H. Potter scarf for my daughter to wear to the next movie due in Nov. and I've got to get started on an afghan for a Christmas present! It would be nice to have an extra Saturday this weekend! :)

Hi everyone! I'm currently putting the finishing edging on square 27. That one went really fast. I only got the one done since I spent soooo much time fooling around with my blog this weekend. Also got distracted on making a scarf for my daughter. :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!

duh-duh-Duh-Duh-DUH-DUH :tryme

( The above is supposed to be the theme song from JAWS --- )

She's BACK ----- I'm back to crack my whip today and see how far you all got on your squares while I was gone .

Thank you to those that kept the boards moving while I was gone. It sounds like you all had a busy weekend too and maybe didn't have lots of time for crochet .

Well----- DRUM ROLL PLEASE ......

My 63 Afghan is DONE --- HALLELUJAH !

I will post pics of it today as soon as my husband takes them off the camera for me .I never learned how to do that yet !

I think it turned out really pretty and went together very easily . Once you get the squares done, the main battle is over !

Anyhow, we had a good restful relaxing weekend and got to visit with lots of my family .

I will still drop in here to check in on you all and keep egging you on to get your FIRST 63 done ....

Ladies- we have BIGGER fish to fry after that . Anyone game ??:eek

HAHAHAHA. :h5 Congratulations, Julie Kay! Hurry up and get those pics posted! We're all dying to see how it came out.

In the meantime, while we are all *desperately* trying to catch up, what will you be working on? If you need something. . . :D I wrote my first pattern this weekend! It's in designer's den, and I'd love for you to test it!

Hidey-Ho, Celeste ! :)

Congrats on your first pattern ! I went and looked for it, is it the one for the hat ? It looked like you have several volunteers for that one !

I just now posted photos of my finished 63-- they are on my link below at the end of all the squares . Just click on the photos to see it more close up. We laid it on top of my car, since were were at the hotel when I finished it and it was kinda dark in the room. It was bright and sunny outside all weekend .

I am now working on a baby afghan for my cousin who is due within the next 2 weeks, then am making a REALLY bright afghan for my uncle who is very ill. He loves far out colors for his clothes, so I thought I'd make him an afghan to match ! I haven't yet decided what pattern to use for it-- still debating , but I got all that Caron simply soft in those bright neon colors. He will love it !

Anyhow, there are always more projects waiting in the wings. The town we were in this weekend had a HARDWARE store, of all places ,and guess what they had a WHOLE WALL full of ? YARN . They order every color that Red Heart makes, so I went hog wild in there too !

Doggone, so many projects, not enough time .:think

Julie, just saw your pics! Your ghan came out beautifully! I love it! :tup I need to catch up, quick! :) I'm almost half way, another few weeks and I should be there.

Celeste, congrats on you pattern. Nice job! :) I have your squares ready to mail this afternoon.

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks for the compliments , you guys !

Great job, Sue, on almost the halfway point. We have really done well on this, haven't we ? It hasn't been a real long time since we started. If you just keep chuggingalong, it WILL get done !

And poor Margaret-- Doggone It . I thought you'd surely have your yarn by now-- the postal service over there must be R~E~A~L~L~Y SLOW . Hope you get it this week one day !

Margaret, don't worry. . . some of us are still waiting for you. . . mainly because of all the side projects we're stuck doing! It'll get there soon, hang in there!

Julie Kay, your afghan came out beautifully! I'm inspired to get up and finished with mine, hopefully making a big dent in the last of it this weekend. I've been sidetracked with squares for my aunt and that dang hat pattern I *had* to design :lol

Thanks for the squares, ladies. . . I really appreciate it. I'll be sure to post photos when the comfortghan is put together.

I have yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeee I have started a square already.

There is a BUT though.........I ordered online thinking the colours were the same as the picture on the front of the leaflet. Well, the cream is cream and the pink is a soft rose BUT the green is well, a kind of bright turquoise and not what I wanted at all.

I'll have to go shopping again.

Anyway, I was kind of worried because English double knitting yarn might just be slightly thinner than your worsted but I started with the recommended 5mm hook and the tension seems like it will be ok for the seven inch square I'm trying to achieve.

My plan is to work the aquares that are done in cream and pink so I am off with #3 which is just dc.

Now I have a question - told you I was new to crochet! When I get to the end of the row am I supposed to work into the gap that the turning chain made or into the top of the turning chain on the previous row.

Hope I am making sense and you understand what I'm asking.

I am soooooo happy to have started. I expect to be posting here lots now LOL.

Margaret

Archived